What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

Nextgeneration73

Bless bro,
I smoke ganja everyday and been growing siince 1997 indoor and outdoor. I've been lucky enough to start growin with some very hi quality seeds since the beginning as some elders friends brang us some seeds directly from the seedbank Amsterdam. My firsts plants was some haze x nl5 x skunk. Then i ve grown dozens of strains for all these years mainly from dutch passion, MNS, sensi, barneys, philo seeds and more recently ACE. Do i Have to say Ace Seeds did really impress me?? Yess for real!!
Ive grown dozens of OG/Kush/cookie/dosi/strawnana... cali american strains and LOTS of sativa hybrid oldskool haze/SSH/MH/NEVILLES HAZE/JACK/KALIMIST/HEMPSTARR/SENSISTAR/Pineapple haze etc..
And this Malawi killer A5 Haze is by far superior in quality and more interesting to grow.
Ive grown 4 differents KHA5 in total, and the last 2 from the previous run was the strongest af all of them. The kind of smoke that is so strong that you only smoke it at the end of the day when you have NOTHIN important to do next.
The Kick is so quick, strong and intense and put an instant soaring hi smile on your face, like a good rush of full THCV blood in the brain!
The fx are hi and very psychedelic and trippy for the first part becomming very surrounding cloudy and cotony for the last longstating parts with long long meditatve after fxs...
Its very good to make artistic work for the firsts 2/3 hours of hi then its becomming to much narcotic and body hi to be able to do something with full accuracy. I DONT RECOMMEND IT FOR STUDIO RECORDING SESSIONS AND TIMING/MELODY ACCURACY IT'S WAY TOO MUCH STRONG. High strengh and power is comparable to OG Banana Kush at more than 30% THC (CHIQUITA BANANA PHILO SEEDS)
With curing and time the taste is greatly improving and fully giving its full complexity.
A pure bonheur for the connaisseur's!
Manners mi bredrins
JAHNO
By Cotony you meant Cartoony right?

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Ouppss sorry for my english i meant Cottony, wooly, like your senses were inhibited, becoming duller!
They become duller after the first trippy 3/4 hours? Or just in general? Because you said something about doing artistic creative work during the first 2-3 hours or something? So then the first 2-4 hours would be sharper it sounds?

Last edited:

JAHNODUB

They become duller after the first trippy 3/4 hours? Or just in general? Because you said something about doing artistic creative work during the first 2-3 hours or something? So then the first 2-4 hours would be sharper it sounds?
Exactly bro, a good trippy for 3/4 hours i felt it really good for artistic "creative" work then decaying slowly and surely to a more body meditative high in the second part!

Nextgeneration73

Killer a5 Haze on Day 40 since popping out of the soil taken earlier today before lights off
Screenshot_20240316-232604.png
Screenshot_20240316-232614.png

jay sus

To me the foliage symptoms looks like a mostly iron deficiency, lighter almost white at the top, new growth effected, shows it’s not a mobile nutrient, likely caused by too high ph, likely other deficiencies as well. Something to look into for your next grow. Good luck 🍀

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 38

Nextgeneration73

To me the foliage symptoms looks like a mostly iron deficiency, lighter almost white at the top, new growth effected, shows it’s not a mobile nutrient, likely caused by too high ph, likely other deficiencies as well. Something to look into for your next grow. Good luck 🍀
Screenshot_20240319-071549.png
Screenshot_20240319-071637.png
Screenshot_20240319-071702.png
Screenshot_20240319-071719.png

These are what I use, the Bio Bizz All mix soil and the Monster Bloom which I started about a week and something ago... Actually I don't know what you mean by white at the top, or new foliage affected, basically the plant is far too close to the light and I even got it down all the way so the leaves would regain it's color, the leaves are definitely bright green but I don't see anything white besides the bud pistals that are flowering.... Again the bright green leaves could be from too much watering or less Nitrogen in the soil.... Or even the water being a different PH than everyone else here uses, although I actually love the color that it has... But I don't want it to have any issues now of course....

Last edited:

Cheech87

Here she is again she had fed well a few days ago she has airy buds that fill up slowly but she has very long colas the trichomes are rather small but when you touch the buds they are sticky almost oily and smell like decaying flowers and woody sweet but only when you touch them.
But I still have a bit to go
Will try these again for the next grow or the Panama a5.

Attachments

• 20240316_081856.jpg
    20240316_081856.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • 20240318_162755.jpg
    20240318_162755.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • 20240318_162752.jpg
    20240318_162752.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • 20240318_162748.jpg
    20240318_162748.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • 20240318_162804.jpg
    20240318_162804.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
Don't know what else to add that has not been said. They are tough, since they grew with little attention and underwent cold and heat to unacceptable levels. Earliest was chopped at 95 days and latest at 110, from seed, 11/13. Four seeds, four phenos, from lanky twiggy hazey to stocky bulky northernlighty. Aniseed present in some, incense in others. No citrics, no bubblegum.
Chosen two went outdoors that suffered much more, with a tragic last three weeks of rain and storms, lack of sun, cold nights and pests, and still I harvested like 80%. So, happy with it for resistance, as I grow in the northern Cantabric shores where you shouldn't grow this sort of genetics. The smoke after three months,very elegant and hard hitting. Plus I still think that a plant that suffers a rough upbringing gets a better bouquet.
The taste (compared to the two gelatos up front), rare steak vs jellybeans. As a side note, these were my first feminized seeds ever, and that's a long ever, like 40+ years at it. So, for Dubi, nice job.

Attachments

• IMG_0511.jpeg
    IMG_0511.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 56

kaochiu

Veteran
And these were the outdoors cuttings in early september. Sorry for the photo quality, but I‘m not a good friend of technology and painting an oleum picture takes ages

Attachments

• IMG_0566.jpeg
    IMG_0566.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0569.jpeg
    IMG_0569.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 35

FeelHaze

Here she is again she had fed well a few days ago she has airy buds that fill up slowly but she has very long colas the trichomes are rather small but when you touch the buds they are sticky almost oily and smell like decaying flowers and woody sweet but only when you touch them.
But I still have a bit to go
Will try these again for the next grow or the Panama a5.

Girls look way better in this update. I think you'll end up with great buds.
Whats that ? Week 6-7 ?

Last edited:

FeelHaze

Dont worry its just the LED making it look yellow I'm sure.

Yeah I think this plant is perfectly normal. Mine is also a paler green next to the Panama and the Malawi but its super healthy.

@Nextgeneration73 make sure not to overwater to avoid nutrient lockouts (importance of good dry/wet cycle).

Also, your plant look at least 3 weeks in flowering stage. Mine is on day 16 in the flowering stage and it is barely starting to throw pistils.

Good luck !

Nextgeneration73

Yeah I think this plant is perfectly normal. Mine is also a paler green next to the Panama and the Malawi but its super healthy.

@Nextgeneration73 make sure not to overwater to avoid nutrient lockouts (importance of good dry/wet cycle).

Also, your plant look at least 3 weeks in flowering stage. Mine is on day 16 in the flowering stage and it is barely starting to throw pistils.

Good luck !
You know what they say about first time growers, they can't help but always give it more and more water 😁.... It's like being an overprotective parent.... 😁

Cheech87

Girls look way better in this update. I think you'll end up with great buds.
Whats that ? Week 6-7 ?

My plant is in the 7th week so the size of the buds has grown well.
What the plant throws off is remarkable for me only the buds are a bit airy which I think is my fault or the pheno but I have not kept everything optimal by far that we have all seen here but I will continue to grow such plants I like them and want to learn to grow them properly which spurs me on even more

Latest posts

Latest posts