What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

browntrout

Veteran
That sounds like the standard vacuum pack they use to seal and compress dope before sending it out. I hate what it does to the trics on the exterior of the buds. Smashes them, oil goes everywhere, and makes the stuff like peanut brittle after a while if the flower was good and frosty. However, I always prefer that stinky stuck together mess, over a bag of dry flowers. Those trics are ready to explode in smell when that chunka dope gets broken back into buds.

I never thought to just bust off a piece and put the rest in the freezer. Always went into jars for burping.

Your right. It most certainly can break some of the trichs off, just depends how far you take it.on my vac sealer I can seal it wherever. I never ever go full vacuum, unless I’m making cobs. There is a happy medium.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have some of these seeds coming, and look forward to trying to grow it in a tent.

Last edited:

rolandomota

Veteran
1989 minimum wage 3.35 so about 30 hours of work for 100 dollars back then now it's about 250 damn high end seeds were more expensive back in the day in 2025 it will be closer to 450 minus fica for 30 hours of work

Fronk

Day 31.

Day 31.

picture.php

Morthan Hobby

I have 3 seeds left from a purchase of 5 dated 5/13/19. 1 of the original 2 still survives and now on my 3rd try with it I am hopeful I'll see results like others. After I harvest it mid March I will probably start the other 3...or at least one depending on room available. The reason I purchased this in the beginning was the genetics. So, I'll keep playing with it and enjoying it. As always thanks to Dubi and crew.

Last edited:

MIGreenman

Your right. It most certainly can break some of the trichs off, just depends how far you take it.on my vac sealer I can seal it wherever. I never ever go full vacuum, unless I’m making cobs. There is a happy medium.

Been there. It was not funny at the time but it sure is now. I destroyed a pound of dairy Queen with a vacuum sealer this way. Max vacked it down to less than an inch thickness and when I finally arrived at my destination and peeled it apart we ended up calling it DQ Smush because it was a completely different texture like a concentrate. It was actually wonderful to smoke.

MIGreenman

Here are my two killer 85 at about 4 weeks I think.

Number one in the back of the tray needs to be moved to the front so that I can increase the feed and give it some love. It looks hungry.

picture.php

Here is number two which is shorter and bushier. The cute little thing in the back is a Erdpurt pck showing some pck color.

picture.php

picture.php

Frost production happens later I understand but I'm getting a little wood and leather off these two. Very similar so far. Stay safe everyone.

browntrout

Veteran
Here are my two killer 85 at about 4 weeks I think.

Number one in the back of the tray needs to be moved to the front so that I can increase the feed and give it some love. It looks hungry.

picture.php

Here is number two which is shorter and bushier. The cute little thing in the back is a Erdpurt pck showing some pck color.

picture.php

picture.php

Frost production happens later I understand but I'm getting a little wood and leather off these two. Very similar so far. Stay safe everyone.

Looks like your first one is a A5 pheno and the second a Malawi. That’s about as good as it gets!

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seeing these all these pics makes me want to unretire from my fave hobby!
BM

alegz

pff... listed whole thread... all a5 haze looks like brickweed at all.. And all of you, guys, so happy with this "top shelf" sativa...
if i get this type of looking weed, i will really dissapointed. Unless, price is about 2-3$ on gram.
Really dissapointed with overhype around ace strains.

alegz

Sorry, if it sound like insulting. But always hate to see people waiting for super stink, acrid and loud smell, which is comes after cure..
Do you really beliveve, that odorless plants (like any from this thread seems so) will get this super-duper smell and taste like dubi states in description of his "killer" a5 haze?

Rodehazrd

I have my 3 ka5h up and working a second set of leaves. I’ve grown Bangi and it met all my models for a wake and bake. I hope I can do these justice.

CaptainDankness

pff... listed whole thread... all a5 haze looks like brickweed at all.. And all of you, guys, so happy with this "top shelf" sativa...
if i get this type of looking weed, i will really dissapointed. Unless, price is about 2-3$ on gram.

Yeah, I've had nothing but disappointed from the more pure Haze's, even SSH has too much Sativa for my liking. Surprisingly Sativa's are still well loved though, even though you can get an up high from Blue Dream and harvest 2 months earlier with a lovely flavor. The up high has everything to do with the cannabinoid profile and nothing to do with indica and Sativa, Master Kush is said to have a Sativa like high and a much easier plant to grow.

But at the same time, it's not all bad that Ace offers so many Sativa's, I'm not interested myself, but others are and I'm sure some of these Sativa's will bring new flavors especially crossed with something like GG#4. But the Haze heads want it pure and it's just not as dank as you couldn't even sell it for more money cause quicker plants are dank as fuck, literally takes twice as long, sometimes longer and you'll yield less bud, really you can grow 3 times the amount of dank top shelf bud in the same timeframe indoors. Lol
I only tried Haze's because everyone claimed they have a better high. I definitely don't concur, I'd rather smoke the funky shit coming out of the West coast. If someone likes Haze better, that's cool too, I'm sure some people prefer a milder smoke, so they don't need a nap. Lol

Gandalb

It's your opinion. You are talking about the smell and the appearance... but I think that the most special point of the cannabis is the effect and the medical benefits.
Maybe this is not the most suitable room for you.
I'm proud of the work Ace team does with that kind of sativas. I'm not a fan of Killer A5 Haze (although I own a mother bonsai), but the high is cool.

ipchains

Hi brother,

People differ in tastes and personal preference. I am 43 and never ever in my life have chosen weed for smell. Better high = better weed for me and in this aspect Killer A5 delivers :biglaugh: Really, grown 8 plants so far and even the weakest was very potent, Two of them were of Legendary, lvl80 potency. Personally I love Malawi (especially Old Killer pheno) with its otherworldly high (recommending to try and kill a Joint of well cured Malawi once in the lifetime :bow:), but it smells like motor oil and wood chops :D . Understand that for someone, who prefers better smell sacrificing quality of high this could be a detrimental factor. Same for Killer A5 - AFAIK even A5 was never bred for smell by Neville back in 1980s. In short - "Render Unto Caesar..." or quite close to that.

Cheers, :tiphat:

ipchains

Have to absolutely add I'm not talking about weed/ganja as a business product. I'm talking about weed we grow for our very own personal use, weed we love to smoke ourselves - and that fact only can make a huge difference when choosing a strain. It is silly probably to recommend someone outside equator grow Colombian Mangobiche, OTH or similar strains commercially... :)

Humple W.

In my opinion, unless you're growing commercially, appearance means very little. What matters is the effect, and for the organoleptic connoisseurs, the smell and taste - and those things are personal and subjective. Is bag appeal fun? Surely. Is it a deciding factor? Maybe if you've only smoked boring hype-strains, yeah. I've had top-shelf from many a dispensary, and it's all generic bullshit. These modern polyhybrid 30% THC frost-fests with catchy names and some hype behind them are still just delivering a nondescript half-hour experience for a seasoned smoker. I'll take my unique 2 hour Bubba Hash experience (which happens to be strong on the bag appeal anyway, though I'd love it just as much if it wasn't) over the latest Cookies joke that gets pushed onto the unsuspecting.

And that's all apart from the fact that KA5H tests at nearly 30% THC anyway - so those who actually believe that's what matters can find something to be happy about as well.

Tangwena

Veteran
I wish people wouldn't bag a strain because it did not appeal to them personally.
Most of the time its because it wasn't grown properly in the first place or it was harvested waay to early or even cured badly heaven forbid.
If a strain doesn't float my boat I look first at myself before mouthing off, maybe just maybe I didn't grow it properly, very few seeds are fool proof.

Latest posts

Latest posts