What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

MyGrowRoom

[No message]

Attachments

• photo2028444.jpg
    photo2028444.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 43
  • photo2028445.jpg
    photo2028445.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 41

Applesauce

pff... listed whole thread... all a5 haze looks like brickweed at all.. And all of you, guys, so happy with this "top shelf" sativa...
if i get this type of looking weed, i will really dissapointed. Unless, price is about 2-3$ on gram.
Really dissapointed with overhype around ace strains.

This might be taboo to mention but these threads are littered with people who aren't growing properly. Lots of underfed, overfed, root problems, and other mistakes. People rush to Ace for sativas when they haven't dialed in their grow skill yet. You see people who have been around here for a while, and because no one points out the obvious, that their plants are missing something, they continue growing at a low level. The grow diaries are full of individuals getting pats on the back when their plants make me want to gag. Not something I'd want to smoke. Plants abound that are a few steps from hay. 90% of the plants posted on icmag look like "duds". Then you go to a thread with a good grower and you see what pot is supposed to look like.

It isn't the fault of a seed bank. Ace puts out good work. I've been holding onto a Bangi Haze cut for nearly a decade, which has survived numerous breaks from growing on my part, but I've made sure to pass it to friends so it would get back to me.

Last edited:

xerb

pff... listed whole thread... all a5 haze looks like brickweed at all.. And all of you, guys, so happy with this "top shelf" sativa...
if i get this type of looking weed, i will really dissapointed. Unless, price is about 2-3$ on gram.

LMAO. Makes me think of a few really heavy smokers who have sat on my couch and taken the challenge.
I roll them a single fatty to smoke by themselves! Gong, another loser!

Nobody has been able to finish a medium size doobie without parking it about 1/2 to 2/3 finished.
Some of these guys are stoned all day long and consume 1/2 to 1 oz a week of their usual indica hybrids.
This is the difference between SE Asian sativas and off the shelf, hard, dank nuggets.

Most of my friends have turned to the light, and are now converts.
After being exposed to pure sativas, they quickly realize the difference, and what they have been missing.

Some of these ACE selections I have tried are as good or better than 1970's Thai Stick.
Yes, I was there, buying and selling some of the best of the 70s and 80s.

For me it is not all about potency, it is all about the QUALITY of the high. Soaring sativa highs last for hours!
I look for mind expanding experiences, exciting stuff that make my synapses fire.
Highs that inspire creativity - that get me thinking outside the box.

Compared to high grade sativas, many so called dank buds have grungy, unpleasant highs for me.
Yes, I said unpleasant.

Just my 2 cents, XERB

PS. Sitting here laughing, remembering one time a friend set the carpet on fire - I looked over and an
area about 2 inches in diameter was flaming up !! 100% wool carpet will go up in flames.
All my couch cushions had to be turned upside down after another friend tried to set it on fire while sitting on it! What are friends for? LOL

Last edited:

chiesesganja

LMAO. Makes me think of a few really heavy smokers who have sat on my couch and taken the challenge.

Nobody has been able to finish a medium size doobie without parking it about 1/2 to 2/3 finished.
Some of these guys are stoned all day long and consume 1/2 to 1 oz a week of their usual indica hybrids.
This is the difference between SE Asian sativas and off the shelf, hard, dank nuggets.

After being exposed to pure sativas, they quickly realize the difference, and what they have been missing.

Some of these ACE selections I have tried are as good or better than 1970's Thai Stick.

For me it is not all about potency, it is all about the QUALITY of the high. Soaring sativa highs last for hours!
I look for mind expanding experiences, exciting stuff that make my synapses fire.

Compared to high grade sativas, many so called dank buds have grungy, unpleasant highs for me.
Yes, I said unpleasant.

Just my 2 cents, XERB

PS. Sitting here laughing, remembering one time a friend set the carpet on fire - I looked over and an
area about 2 inches in diameter was flaming up !! 100% wool carpet will go up in flames.
All my couch cushions had to be turned upside down after another friend tried to set it on fire while sitting on it! What are friends for? LOL
yes this killer a5 haze is crazy mental effect。just fuck up my friend yesterday. He was completely panicked and confused, he even felt his body tremble。
and i feel no much people grow good on this line........

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haze is my personal favorite to smoke, it’s always been about the head. You don’t grow Haze to sell, you grow it to smoke, it’s not a cash cropper, lol.

10 seeds is not going to get you there, you have to look thru a bunch, any way it’s not about the cash, it’s the head that counts

Cleaned8272727

My Killer A5 Haze is at 9 weeks. I took a early sample to quick dry and vaped a couple bowls. Truly astounding weed. The potency is incredible. It was the highest I've been in years. The first half an hour was aggressive and psychedelic, I felt like a sponge soaking in all audible and visible details. I wanted nothing more than to sit and soak in all the sensations and when I had to get up I had to move slowly lest it all became overwhelming. Narcosis followed after that. I loved the sample so much I was tempted to cut another branch. I can't wait to feel KA5H at full maturity and properly dried.

Chi13

ICMag Donor

You are probably too young to understand. A lot of us who grew up with pure sativas are in it for the type of high; looks and smell don't come into it at all for me. I want something mentally stimulating, not couchlock. Mostly any indica will detract from that. Best pot I've had in 40 years was not hybridised North American multi hybrid, but third world brickweed in Laos. You would have likely not bought it, or liked it. Most youngsters seem to be chasing a high more like an opiate, whereas I want something to clean the house, go for a hike, or solve the worlds problems. Prohibition has wrecked weed imo and I feel sorry for the youngsters who grew up with hybrids and indica's.

gzcrew7

You are probably too young to understand. A lot of us who grew up with pure sativas are in it for the type of high; looks and smell don't come into it at all for me. I want something mentally stimulating, not couchlock. Mostly any indica will detract from that. Best pot I've had in 40 years was not hybridised North American multi hybrid, but third world brickweed in Laos. You would have likely not bought it, or liked it. Most youngsters seem to be chasing a high more like an opiate, whereas I want something to clean the house, go for a hike, or solve the worlds problems. Prohibition has wrecked weed imo and I feel sorry for the youngsters who grew up with hybrids and indica's.

No need to disagree. Every person likes the herb for different reasons. Its personal. You want a certain effect and dont care for looks or terpenes. Fair enough. On the contrary many people are focused on the terpenes for their medicinal properties, the flavour etc and then the effect comes second. Ace is doing an amazing job no doubt about that. But ace strains are not for everyone. They are targeted to a certain group of people. Not many people have the experience and patience to deal with 13-week flowering plants. Plus not many people can keep up with the extreme sativa effects. But if you re a extreme sativa adicionado, no doubt ace is the place for you.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
No need to disagree. Every person likes the herb for different reasons. Its personal. You want a certain effect and dont care for looks or terpenes. Fair enough. On the contrary many people are focused on the terpenes for their medicinal properties, the flavour etc and then the effect comes second. Ace is doing an amazing job no doubt about that. But ace strains are not for everyone. They are targeted to a certain group of people. Not many people have the experience and patience to deal with 13-week flowering plants. Plus not many people can keep up with the extreme sativa effects. But if you re a extreme sativa adicionado, no doubt ace is the place for you.

Of course people have personal preferences. I said as much. The difference is that I am not going into a thread about OG Kush telling everyone that it's shit. What are people with 1-3 posts doing in an ACE thread putting shit on a variety that they have not grown or smoked; that they are judging based on looks alone? Then lecture about terpenes, again about a variety they havent even grown or smoked, when they don't even appreciate sativa's?

If sativa's aren't your thing what are you doing in ACE threads?

Last edited:

Cleaned8272727

KA5H 10 week sample is incredible. My wife and I, especially my wife, have titanic tolerance levels but a handful of lower testers (they're so small you'd throw them in the trim bin) got us both very high. Seriously, the Bangi HaZe barely did anything for us but KA5H is in a whole different league It's a functional, yet super upbeat. It's very easy to get lost in a daydream on this stuff because your thoughts can suck in all of your attention span. Two hours later, after some TV, food and fucking like rabbits we were still high as hell.

Got a trip coming in less than two weeks, I'm going to cut it down on day 77. Would be nice to let it go a little longer but we both like it so much there's no way were going on a nice trip without it.

Cleaned8272727

Sorry, if it sound like insulting. But always hate to see people waiting for super stink, acrid and loud smell, which is comes after cure..
Do you really beliveve, that odorless plants (like any from this thread seems so) will get this super-duper smell and taste like dubi states in description of his "killer" a5 haze?

My KA5H didn't smell that loud, only up close or touched you'd get a really dark, intense liver stench. Incredibly sticky though. Looks like crap but easily the strongest weed I've smoked in years.

farm3r

Yes, I said unpleasant.

Just my 2 cents, XERB

xerb, Can you recommend some of these cultivars that you said are just as good as the stuff (i.e. Thai Stick) from back in the days? I am curious to see what you come up with.

xerb

What shall we use as a baseline? The best Thai stick that you ever smoked? Back in the 70s
I would often smoke about 1/2 of a small joint for breakfast, say around 8 am and would
still be high at 5 -6 pm. At that point, I would be looking for something weaker to smoke.

I have quite a few varieties in my box that would TKO me if I tried to smoke that much.

I have always loved Haze, Thai, Burmese, etc. But in this golden era of shared world class genetics,
ACE has opened my eyes to Malawi, Congo, Zamal, Panama, Nepal, Old Timers Haze, etc.

Figure out what kind of high you like, potency is no longer an issue - UNLESS it is too strong!

I think you are really close to the end of your search. You are on the right website, the right thread.
You're almost there...

For many decades I have gotten feedback on my homegrown, like "This is the best I've ever smoked".
This from many different strains, but especially: Blue Haze, Jack Herer x Burmese, Romulan, etc,
these are all easy to grow, and have great potency. Many of these same folks probably couldn't
handle some of the stronger sativa selections available today.

When you start trying to compare hybrids to some of the longer flowering, harder to grow sativas,
well, you better fasten your seatbelt and put on your crash helmet, 'cause landings can be rough!

Enjoy the journey, there is a great reward from a long search and finding your ultimate girl ! XERB

MIGreenman

Trying to post an A5 update and I'm giving up. Uploaded pics and cant find the url link to post them. There is not a link I can see to the "lastpage"of a thread. Reverse intuitive. The new interface SUVCKS.

MIGreenman

OK, trying again. Here are my two A5's at 8.5 weeks flowering.

fetch?photoid=17814046.jpg

The one on the left, number 1, is about chest tall and the other is about waist heigh. Both are only 10 main branches (topped once) and stayed very compact in 11/13 flowering schedule.

Number one has large calyxs, very hard flowers and is starting to push her sandworms out.

fetch?photoid=17814047.jpg

The other, number two, is slower to mature and will go at least ten weeks. Spongy but good density flowers and this plant is all bud.

fetch?photoid=17814048.jpg

fetch?photoid=17814049.jpg

They both have similar leather/carrot kind of terps. Any of you veteran A5 folks want to sound off on these two phenos?
Number one is a nutrient hog, number two is less fussy. Hope you all are well!

Latest posts

Latest posts