What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

Hi TreePwnzor,

NL/HazeA and HazeA phenos foxtailed the most for me. Malawi leaning ones tend to foxtail less.
If I noticed correctly your plant also has some signs of slight Tip Reveg. I've seen the very same with my sativas when soil was too strong in Nitrogen during flowering coupled with high temps in the grow room (I grow in a different style, 34-36° C is quite a norm in my grow room :)) Lowering N feeding and switching light cycle to 11/13 (if not already done) should fix this.

Cheers,
IpChains
I'm getting back to this comment to confirm that my pheno seems like NL dominant indeed.
Just had a sample of a young bud that will never see the light above the canopy. Instead of throwing it away, decided to dry it, and just give it a try...

Instantly reminded me of NL on inhaling.
I want to move to the pine woods right now! :)

OZZ_

Veteran
Had a nice smoke session last night with the killer A5. It now has a four month cure on it and on popping open the jar it still emits some wonderful floral perfume aromas.

It still retains its pyschedelic qualities and while its rounded out some with cure, become a bit more dense (in a pyschedelic fashion), it’s still quite an aggressive high.

Very, very interesting. I’ve been smoking on DJ shorts blueberry for the last month or so which is a more relaxing, peaceful tranquility type.... and puffing on this is like night and day!

Soaring, brightening pyschedelic qualities with an aggressive mind bending effect to it. Not relaxing but more on the nail biting fuckery weed side :biglaugh:

I love this stuff! :bow::whee:

picture.php

picture.php

Knop

how is it to smoke in this pipe? which brand ?

Had a nice smoke session last night with the killer A5. It now has a four month cure on it and on popping open the jar it still emits some wonderful floral perfume aromas.

It still retains its pyschedelic qualities and while its rounded out some with cure, become a bit more dense (in a pyschedelic fashion), it’s still quite an aggressive high.

Very, very interesting. I’ve been smoking on DJ shorts blueberry for the last month or so which is a more relaxing, peaceful tranquility type.... and puffing on this is like night and day!

Soaring, brightening pyschedelic qualities with an aggressive mind bending effect to it. Not relaxing but more on the nail biting fuckery weed side :biglaugh:

I love this stuff! :bow::whee:

View Image

View Image

OZZ_

Veteran
how is it to smoke in this pipe? which brand ?

Hi Knop, I’m not sure what your question is exactly, but I don’t know what brand of pipe that is. I got it off of some random website a few years ago.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

I’ve not long finishing flowering a lovely pheno of killer A5 Haze. It was grown in living soil and flowered for 87 days until mostly cloudy and a very few amber. I’ve kept it as I think it’s outstanding. Although only a week in the jars I had to borrow an ounce to make some cannabutter with. My preferred method of consumption these days but I’m still partial to the odd blunt. Anyway it’s already pretty potent, after half way through a blunt my heart rate starts to increase and my palms sweat slightly which indicates a strong high to come. Then wow the euphoria, bloody lovely, it’s duration is long and very up and giggly. The flavour is smooth, kind of like slightly rotten rose petals with that really old haze flavour from the 90’s for me. I’m about to flower anther pheno, the nl x haze pheno. This one I don’t know what the pheno is as couldn’t find a match online. I will document this one in a grow diary sometime next year.

Attachments

• AB0B682D-061B-473A-AD5B-7AFEBF787BDF.jpg
    AB0B682D-061B-473A-AD5B-7AFEBF787BDF.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 48

OZZ_

Veteran
I’ve not long finishing flowering a lovely pheno of killer A5 Haze. It was grown in living soil and flowered for 87 days until mostly cloudy and a very few amber. I’ve kept it as I think it’s outstanding. Although only a week in the jars I had to borrow an ounce to make some cannabutter with. My preferred method of consumption these days but I’m still partial to the odd blunt. Anyway it’s already pretty potent, after half way through a blunt my heart rate starts to increase and my palms sweat slightly which indicates a strong high to come. Then wow the euphoria, bloody lovely, it’s duration is long and very up and giggly. The flavour is smooth, kind of like slightly rotten rose petals with that really old haze flavour from the 90’s for me. I’m about to flower anther pheno, the nl x haze pheno. This one I don’t know what the pheno is as couldn’t find a match online. I will document this one in a grow diary sometime next year.

Excellent skunk funk! Great report and write up, beautiful looking buds too :tiphat:

Yo Sammy

Veteran

I think this one looks and sounds very close to A5.
Nugg looks delicious.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
:tiphat:

silverhaze21

Dropping by to share pics and story of my Killer A5 Haze journey so far.

She had a very long unexpected veg due to me moving from one state to another (3 months total). She spent her first 2 months in a 1 gallon pot of living soil. Once I was settled with my move, I transplanted her to a 5 gallon pot of my own amended living soil mix, topped her and took clones. After a month of recovery, I finally switched my light cycle to 11/13 on November 29th and she has progressed beautifully :D

My only occasional supplements to satisfy her appetite have been fish hydrosylate, liquid kelp, coconut water and a variety of microbes (Recharge, EM1 & Mammoth P). Considering her plant structure throughout veg and now in flower, I suspect I have the NL5 Haze pheno but would love insight from those with more experience growing this strain.

fPwN5gG.jpg

vkn7Dda.jpg

jQUswfz.jpg

d67LGqv.jpg

MIGreenman

Killer A5 babies at about week 5. Looks like wider NL leaves perhaps. Just waiting for them to get big enough to clone so we can throw them in the flower room and see what's up. Be well friends.

picture.php

Azure

I shared some A5 with my friends this summer while having a cookout.
We all took three hits and then my buddy Joe wanted a fourth hit.

He then said, "I think I took one too many hits."
Joe went to the grill to cook our burgers, closed the grill and while holding the grill handle, passed out and fell to the ground bringing the grill and burgers with him.
I jumped up and said, "Joe!"
We pried Joe's hand from the grill, removed the grill and burgers from his chest and sat him upright.
He recovered about two minutes later and said, "I told you I took one too many hits!"
Then he grabbed a water and resumed cooking.

Knop

I laughed a lot

Joe went to the grill to cook our burgers, closed the grill and while holding the grill handle, passed out and fell to the ground bringing the grill and burgers with him.
We pried Joe's hand from the grill, removed the grill and burgers from his chest and sat him upright.
He recovered about two minutes later and said, "I told you I took one too many hits!"

OZZ_

Veteran

Lol excellent story :biglaugh:

olday

Veteran
Dropping by to share pics and story of my Killer A5 Haze journey so far.

She had a very long unexpected veg due to me moving from one state to another (3 months total). She spent her first 2 months in a 1 gallon pot of living soil. Once I was settled with my move, I transplanted her to a 5 gallon pot of my own amended living soil mix, topped her and took clones. After a month of recovery, I finally switched my light cycle to 11/13 on November 29th and she has progressed beautifully :D

My only occasional supplements to satisfy her appetite have been fish hydrosylate, liquid kelp, coconut water and a variety of microbes (Recharge, EM1 & Mammoth P). Considering her plant structure throughout veg and now in flower, I suspect I have the NL5 Haze pheno but would love insight from those with more experience growing this strain.

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

I’ve not run the other half to compare but the stalk/leaf structure looks like my straight Malawi at about week 5

Heres a few pics of the KillerA5Haze ran outdoor In living soil 200 gallon pots. clones set out July and harvested second week of November shes a very vigorous grower, intense skunky smells during veg then started to evolve into leathery meat incense smells with cinnamon almost like a sugery baked good. The high is strong sativa like at first then long lasting to a very narcotic ending. The effect seems to last longer than the new hybrids. Very good smoke. This strain is very resistant to environmental stresses and even made it through an ice storm here in the plains. Covered of course but no supplemental heat.

Last pic is of a KA5H clone set outdoor in April in a different microclimate

Attachments

• 8F866497-32B0-4EE6-90AF-8F1D776375C5.jpg
    8F866497-32B0-4EE6-90AF-8F1D776375C5.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 654D29A1-BF99-4276-93F3-8181DC12E1C7.jpg
    654D29A1-BF99-4276-93F3-8181DC12E1C7.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 34
  • A6F68F56-8CC3-49A8-88FB-99B1815AFE70.jpg
    A6F68F56-8CC3-49A8-88FB-99B1815AFE70.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 5D049D7A-5CD9-4000-93E5-918ACD940DB8.jpg
    5D049D7A-5CD9-4000-93E5-918ACD940DB8.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 35A61CAF-C88A-4E77-B765-11CE6242057A.jpg
    35A61CAF-C88A-4E77-B765-11CE6242057A.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 36
  • E779F0CD-A5D0-4719-802B-A6E977D2F430.jpg
    E779F0CD-A5D0-4719-802B-A6E977D2F430.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 35
  • 5C6AE7D1-BA4D-4459-BA17-42426B113EB2.jpg
    5C6AE7D1-BA4D-4459-BA17-42426B113EB2.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 5851D0B6-E165-4408-9319-500F1E32BBB0.jpg
    5851D0B6-E165-4408-9319-500F1E32BBB0.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DEDC4C45-D8C8-4761-B249-0120C7E00799.jpg
    DEDC4C45-D8C8-4761-B249-0120C7E00799.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 4F68231C-768A-4B0F-992C-45D18BE4F05D.jpg
    4F68231C-768A-4B0F-992C-45D18BE4F05D.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 34

Succinct

To top or not to top?

To top or not to top?

I have a question for everyone with experience growing KA5H: Do you recommend topping KA5H or does it do just fine with one main cola?

I have three plants about 45 days into Veg and I'm either going to top them (and Veg for another couple weeks), or flip them to flower in the next couple days and let them ride with one main cola.

Thanks!

Succinct

Hi Succinct,

Top them, please, If you'd like to ensure better yeld and control stretch.
Happy New Year!

Thank you - I did top them all at the 5th node. Will give them a couple of days to recover then flip them to flower!

KA5H on the left and Panama Haze on the right.

Attachments

• EF1860C2-BC08-4E45-8891-4BCD0E1F8E67.jpg
    EF1860C2-BC08-4E45-8891-4BCD0E1F8E67.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 2F071E97-DF5D-45AD-B6FE-6223BD3F279A.jpg
    2F071E97-DF5D-45AD-B6FE-6223BD3F279A.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 2BEADF7A-A015-40CF-9428-2B0C9670C109.jpg
    2BEADF7A-A015-40CF-9428-2B0C9670C109.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 32