What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Voshamani :)

Amazing indoor Killer A5 Haze colas, she still has a way to go but we already can feel your fruitful efforts with her, excellent flower development.

Sorry to disappoint you, but she certainly looks like a NL/Haze pheno, clearly Haze dominant, therefore she strongly leans towards Haze A. Most growers look for expression like yours with this strain, if you want to easily find Killer Malawi phenotypes then Malawi fem and Golden Tiger fem are the best and most direct sources to them.

Keep u the good work with your good cares, i'm sure you won't be disappointed at the end of ride.

Hi dubi, I have a quick question about the phenotypes. I was wondering if you or someone that has experience with this Killer A5 Haze strain could help me identify which phenotype I have? I think (am praying) it might be silverish Malawi New Killer dominant pheno but im not 100% sure as i am also depressed and praying that it is NOT the Haze A dominant pheno. It is only at day 61 of flower. here are some photos to see if you can help identify the phenotype.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent work with her, ColaCalyx ;)

You are doing a great job keeping her so green and healthy at this stage of flowering in a pot.
She is also producing very well, anticipating a bountiful and resinous harvest.
Keep the feeding strong, and she will reward you even more at the end.

Just started to yellow on the bottoms and innards. She was soo thick in the middle I'll cleared it out more and trained the lower branches down. Buds look to be getting fatter. She'll be the latest plant to harvest, the Zam and HonPan are in a race.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Zomboy for sharing pics of yours in early flowering,

It will be a pleasure to follow their progresses and help you to identify their phenotypes from here, although they the most funny part is on your side. Looking pretty uniform so far. Enjoy with them! :tiphat:

Voshamani

Welcome Voshamani :)

Amazing indoor Killer A5 Haze colas, she still has a way to go but we already can feel your fruitful efforts with her, excellent flower development.

Sorry to disappoint you, but she certainly looks like a NL/Haze pheno, clearly Haze dominant, therefore she strongly leans towards Haze A. Most growers look for expression like yours with this strain, if you want to easily find Killer Malawi phenotypes then Malawi fem and Golden Tiger fem are the best and most direct sources to them.

Keep u the good work with your good cares, i'm sure you won't be disappointed at the end of ride.

thanks for the reply. i guess i will keep the photos coming and post them here for you and all to enjoy as I, myself wasn't able to find many photos except the few you posted on page 1.

also for everyone's information this killer a5 haze is growing in rdwc hydroponics under 1000 watt hps light. so it will be a good reference for anyone thinking about growing this plant indoors in hydro.

Zomboy

Veteran
Thanks Zomboy for sharing pics of yours in early flowering,

It will be a pleasure to follow their progresses and help you to identify their phenotypes from here, although they the most funny part is on your side. Looking pretty uniform so far. Enjoy with them! :tiphat:

Thanks dubi. I kept them in 1 gallon pots for way too long and through the first weeks of flowering. It seemed to help great with the stretch as they stayed very manageable.

I also moved the flowering time back slowly starting with 16on/8off then 14on/10off now at 12/12 and i will push them to 11on/13off to finish.

Voshamani

Most growers look for expression like yours with this strain

hi again dubi, just out of curiosity why do most growers look for this pheno?

i was only hoping for the other pheno cause i was under the impression is would of been the most potent or strongest / best high. so would the actual pheno that i have be the best or?

thanks for any help

knuckles

Veteran
Hi knuckles,

Thanks also for your contribution :wave:

Really good development on your Killer A5 Haze after 9 weeks of flowering. This strain really needs very high levels of nutrients through its whole cycle, even more now in its peak of flowering production, so it's easy to have nutrient deficiencies in flowering first time you grow her.

Glad your are enjoying with her pungent old school dutch Haze aromas ;) Looking forward to a happy finish!

Thanks giving me the opportunity to grow these gems in my garden,really excited to puff some of that old school Dutch haze, it’s been a while...probably taking a couple down this weekend (day84), I have a far red initiator ( Emerson effect) which speeds up finishing times nicely. I’ll be posting some more pics later in the week..

Yo Sammy

Veteran
The last seed I germinated this year was this Killer A5 fem that arrived June 9th. I had to give it a try and it still seemed possible to do even at that date. It went into a 45 gallon (180 litre?) cloth smart pot. It was the only space available.

Smart pots can be tough because they can dry out so fast which means constant watering and when you're 100% bio/organic keep it favorable and healthy can be a tricky balancing act. So easy to over or under manage it.

However here it is today. Yes lots of yellowing leaves. Recent liquid feedings haven't prevented that. I figure it's just how it goes in this situation. This spot is very sunny and can get hot in the afternoon. That makes keeping abundant soil life challenging.

The buds remain green and have filled out reasonably well. I'm not certain which pheno this appears to be. Maybe the NL/Haze one? I'm not next to it at the moment so I hesitate to give an aroma description. I can say it's very similar to my Nevil's Haze pheno SMH plant.

Despite the late start this is about even with my 2 Super Malawi Haze plants now which were started in early April. Maybe a week behind. Those are very nearly ready to take. We're having a heat wave here now so I'm letting them ripen in the sun. I thought this one might go deep into November but it isn't looking like that at all.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Beautiful plant. Grown with love no doubt!
Thanks.
:tiphat:

knuckles

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
Here’s my Six plants from seed,I’ll be harvesting a couple this weekend @84 days

knuckles

Veteran
A is by far my favourite smell,so complex I can’t describe it properly,it’s a solid flower as well.

deepwaterdude

Little dried n cured Killer A5

Little dried n cured Killer A5

I had lost track which vacuum bag Killer A5 #2 was in, so had to open a bunch of stuff;) Lovely smells abound.
Here're a couple bud shots of Killer A5 #2 from last grow. My nighttime smoke.
Sister strain Super Malawi Haze is getting super strong with cure.

Attachments

• DSC04086.jpg
    DSC04086.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC04087.jpg
    DSC04087.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 47

knuckles

Veteran
Does she taste the same as the nose coming off her?and does the taste change after a month or two In a jar?thanks

deepwaterdude

Does she taste the same as the nose coming off her?and does the taste change after a month or two In a jar?thanks
#2 contained more Northern Lights than her Sis, tastes as she stinks, but is quite balanced power with upness. I find the NL smell more muted than when I put her into the vacuum bags and am more convinced now than when she was growing that she's a pretty balanced girl, genetically. Her sister, a malawi leaner, smells much more now than when I put her in. Very nice to open those for a sniff. Some citrus and malawi fuel, potent in a different way. SO Yes to the evolution of smells, just can't anticipate in which direction;)

chiesesganja

I think the first one I did, Abbott, pictured below, was an extreme NL outlier. Just stank his head off. And never stopped in the many months I smoked it.
How about this?looks like nl?

Attachments

• B6A5302B-CC4F-44E1-9AD5-60F7D26D53E8.jpg
    B6A5302B-CC4F-44E1-9AD5-60F7D26D53E8.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 5420CE4B-034F-4324-96DA-AE22962C71FD.jpg
    5420CE4B-034F-4324-96DA-AE22962C71FD.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 33

OZZ_

Veteran
Just wanted to pop in here with a side note that I find kind of funny. In the past I’ve spent some time looking around for the old school strains of back in the day, really without much luck. Most of them have been cross bred and are unavailable in anything that resembles the original. Northern lights was one of those. It seems any of the current offerings of the northern lights of yesteryear are watered down or changed for the worse.

How ironic is it that potentially growing out some Killer A5 haze and selecting for the extreme NL pheno could get you closer to the old school northern lights than any of the current northern lights seed offerings elsewhere? Pretty hilarious if you think about it, going to ACE (by far a Sativa breeder by majority) and buying seeds of a mostly Sativa offering could get you closer to the northern lights of old (a heavy indica). Irony at its best.

Just a thought that comes to mind when seeing those of you with that NL pheno from the KA5

YukonKronic

Just wanted to pop in here with a side note that I find kind of funny. In the past I’ve spent some time looking around for the old school strains of back in the day, really without much luck. Most of them have been cross bred and are unavailable in anything that resembles the original. Northern lights was one of those. It seems any of the current offerings of the northern lights of yesteryear are watered down or changed for the worse.

How ironic is it that potentially growing out some Killer A5 haze and selecting for the extreme NL pheno could get you closer to the old school northern lights than any of the current northern lights seed offerings elsewhere? Pretty hilarious if you think about it, going to ACE (by far a Sativa breeder by majority) and buying seeds of a mostly Sativa offering could get you closer to the northern lights of old (a heavy indica). Irony at its best.

Just a thought that comes to mind when seeing those of you with that NL pheno from the KA5

Pretty sure Northern lights was reputed to be a hybrid not a heavy indica... I’ve been wrong before too though.
Someone I knew when I was a kid grew number 2 or 3 i believe... maybe it was 9.. I just remember it wasn’t 5. Anyhoo I managed to score (steal... fuckn kids..;)) a nug once and it was definitely hybrid and definitely awesome. Good call on a potential source for the old gene set though...

OZZ_

Veteran
Pretty sure Northern lights was reputed to be a hybrid not a heavy indica... I’ve been wrong before too though.
Someone I knew when I was a kid grew number 2 or 3 i believe... maybe it was 9.. I just remember it wasn’t 5. Anyhoo I managed to score (steal... fuckn kids..;)) a nug once and it was definitely hybrid and definitely awesome. Good call on a potential source for the old gene set though...

Lo nice memories aye? Correct.... indica dom hybrid, but heavy on the indica

deepwaterdude

How about this?looks like nl?

You'll know by smell and calyx style when she starts to fatten. Doesn't look too hazy;)

Well said, found myself thinking the same thing while doing last post; how with this hybrid, one of the really special ones is the one I would have avoided in the past;)
I think the NL pheno, with the extra lift and power of Malawi plus complexity of A5, is close to a grail plant... for crackheads like me;)

Latest posts

Latest posts