What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer a5 Haze (First grow ever)

Nextgeneration73

Just keep adding more boxes down below as you need them.
It wasn't so hard to solve was it?
It was actually, but my girlfriend was there to help me out with it, I gave her the idea about what to do, she kindof just adjusted things while I was holding the other things, then we went out to celebrate 😆... I didn't have any meetings today (work wise) we had an awesome day.... My neighbors are on vacation it seems and there is no noise... Hopefully they stay wherever they are 😂 😆 And never come back...

FeelHaze

Is not my intention to top, really i hope 😁 i've another net ready for some lst ...but a question come to me, how many weeks of stretching must aspect from this strain?

Time to give some silicates...
Wuddup !

KA5H is a moderate stretcher.
It can be flowered under 12/12 no problem and most of the stretch will be done 4 weeks after the flip. It can stretch from 2x to 3x its height from the time you flip regarding pheno. Alway proceed to top the plant before flowering so the auxins (stretch hormones) are divided between multiples branches.

My KA5H was vegged 4 weeks and trained to have 8 colas. Now its been 3 weeks on 12/12 and it is still under 2 feet tall.

@Fallocefalo you said its not your intention to top but I see your plant have multiple colas. Did you grow from clone ? Or did you use lst techniques ? Either way, you did good and its going to greatly reduce stretch (2 to 2.5 times its height).

On the pict, you see my KA5K in the middle. It was around day 18 flowering. Not much a stretcher next to Malawi and Panama.

Attachments

• 20240320_145631.jpg
    20240320_145631.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 26

FeelHaze

Thanks for the motivating and encouraging words, as great as that sounds, I don't know what to do about the light being this close.... What happens if (and this is just hypothetically speaking) the top bud gets too close to the light for too long, and I then trim the very very top part only? And maybe leave that top part for an extremely early smoke sample test.... I'm not talking about now but some time soon ish.....
Again Hypothetically.....
I just don't want it to get burned, and plus I don't even know what that'll do to the bud.... I'm trying to find the silver lining here obviously, there are actually at least 15 other bud sites on my plant, infact way way more....
Yo

Since your doing a columnar grow (plant that wasn't top or trained), your top bud is going to be your biggest and most potent one. Difference between it and the lower ones will be important.

Maybe those info will guide you doing your own choice.

✌️

Last edited:

Fallocefalo

420club
Wuddup !

KA5H is a moderate stretcher.
It can be flowered under 12/12 no problem and most of the stretch will be done 4 weeks after the flip. It can stretch from 2x to 3x its height from the time you flip regarding pheno. Alway proceed to top the plant before flowering so the auxins (stretch hormones) are divided between multiples branches.

My KA5H was vegged 4 weeks and trained to have 8 colas. Now its been 3 weeks on 12/12 and it is still under 2 feet tall.

@Fallocefalo you said its not your intention to top but I see your plant have multiple colas. Did you grow from clone ? Or did you use lst techniques ? Either way, you did good and its going to greatly reduce stretch (2 to 2.5 times its height).

On the pict, you see my KA5K in the middle. It was around day 18 flowering. Not much a stretcher next to Malawi and Panama.
Yes i forgot to say i topped at the 5th node and then used net for lst training

I should say i don't want to top no more
So let's wait to weeks more the stretch end
Thanks all for support and sharing, this strain make me so curious

Nextgeneration73

Yo

Since your doing a columnar grow (plant that wasn't top or trained), your top bud is going to be your biggest and most potent one. Difference between it and the lower ones will be important.

Maybe those info will guide you doing your own choice.

✌️
It seems that way indeed, what do you think about the last pic on Day 47 where I brought the light up and it's still tied to the poles.

Last edited:

X15

For the record I don’t like to torture plants by holding them down or cropping hardcore. I always feel like the plants are upset at me. Seriously upset lol.

X15

But topping early on is a huge help esp with head room issues due to the fact your main branch or branches will be far more malleable and will allow for much easier training or in a drastic situation capable of handling a flat top trim if necessary. If you have that one single branch not only will it be thick and a huge devastating blow to her growth if you cut it later on, but that’s where your main cola will be so you will really take a hit on your harvest. The lowers will not catch up in time to make up for it if you have to cut her weeks into flowering.
You can flop her over where you are at right now if you do it gently by warming her up with the warmth of your fingers and gently bending her main branch side to side slowly collapsing the form tissue in the stem. No breaking just bending is the goal. Feel free to wrap her bend with some plastic food wrap if you feel you went to hard on her to hold in some moisture and allow for a stronger and faster heal.

Nextgeneration73

But topping early on is a huge help esp with head room issues due to the fact your main branch or branches will be far more malleable and will allow for much easier training or in a drastic situation capable of handling a flat top trim if necessary. If you have that one single branch not only will it be thick and a huge devastating blow to her growth if you cut it later on, but that’s where your main cola will be so you will really take a hit on your harvest. The lowers will not catch up in time to make up for it if you have to cut her weeks into flowering.
You can flop her over where you are at right now if you do it gently by warming her up with the warmth of your fingers and gently bending her main branch side to side slowly collapsing the form tissue in the stem. No breaking just bending is the goal. Feel free to wrap her bend with some plastic food wrap if you feel you went to hard on her to hold in some moisture and allow for a stronger and faster heal.
I too was worried about her being upset with me, 😕, sometimes I pet her gentle and promise her that I didn't mean it with an apology... So should I just mix up all the buds later on after drying before putting them to vaccum cure, that way it'll at least be a mix of late harvest, mid harvest, and early harvest buds all in one? 😕 Also what method of drying can I use besides hanging her upside down? Do papaer towels work if they're comstantly flipped from time to time and an open window? I guess it has to be dark as well?
Yeah I guess I'm definetly not going to do any trimming, I don't want early harvested buds at all... Pray for us that our travel for me and my girlfriend gets delayed by at least a week or two...

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Killer a5 Haze Day 48 (week 2 or 3 of visible flowering) the pre flowering pistals which came out first already have 100% Amber shooting out
IMG_20240324_183747_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240324_183803.jpg
IMG_20240324_183822.jpg
IMG_20240324_183813.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240324_183753.jpg
    IMG_20240324_183753.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

X15

I would just get a screen or get one of those small flat hanging style fabric drying racks and put a black trash bag over it with the trash bag upside down so the bottom is open to let air flow in and hang it in a place that won’t be in the way like a closet or just in a corner somewhere and let things dry for two weeks or so. I often cut the branches off keeping the buds on the branches but removing the fan leaves keeping everything else. Just lay the branches in the fabric drying rack and let them dry out. Then you’ll want to even things out. I get a plastic tote or small tub,… pull the branches out of the fabric drying rack after you can tell things are about 50 percent dry and the branches snap slightly not bendy, trim off whatever leaf material is left that doesn’t have trichs and put the whole branch in a tube with the lid just over top but not tightly sealed. Let them sit in the tub for a week or so opening daily to vent and check to make sure they aren’t doing anything weird. That’s a form of burping or “evening out”… the goal here is to let the branches and buds even out in moisture content and will kinda temper the buds to a more consistent moisture. Then after that week or so you can easily trim the buds and snip them off the branches and put in. A turkey bag or a jar but you’ll want to check them daily for a few days and make sure they aren’t too wet or fermenting in the closed container of choice. Or you can follow the process that @Tangwena shows with cobbing which is super fascinating and will help your stash stay potent for long periods of time. I’m not an expert in that field tho so he would be the one to ask.
Hope that all makes sense, if you have any questions feel free.
Just remember to make sure things are dry before you seal them up or you will run into issues.

Nextgeneration73

Killer a5 Haze Day 49 (Week of flowering I don't know)
IMG_20240325_183400_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240325_183410_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240325_183415.jpg
IMG_20240325_183430.jpg

If anyone's wondering why that doll, those Egyptian artifacts, and that Halloween lantern is there, is so that the place doesn't look so depressing and empty, even though the plant makes everything beautiful, looking at that plain wall with those boxes and having nothing else there makes it feel like it's an office workspace cupboard 😂.... I would add other things to the mix of the scenery but the place is too tiny for it....

Last edited:

X15

Killer a5 Haze Day 49 (Week of flowering I don't know) View attachment 18978565 View attachment 18978566 View attachment 18978567 View attachment 18978568
If anyone's wondering why that doll, those Egyptian artifacts, and that Halloween lantern is there, is so that the place doesn't look so depressing and empty, even though the plant makes everything beautiful, looking at that plain wall with those boxes and having nothing else there makes it feel like it's an office workspace cupboard 😂.... I would add other things to the mix of the scenery but the place is too tiny for it....
That’s cool bud. I like to make them feel more comfortable too. When I go on hikes and find cool rocks I add the rocks to the top of the soil and often mix them into the soil. I feel like it creates a more native feel for the plants. Sometimes I’d play music but our presence is noticeable with the plants too.

X15

Looking good. Your N levels seem to look pretty good right now. Make note of that for future reference. Slight downward clawing (not a big deal), no yellowing of leaves on bottom most branches. Good start to flowering phase.

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi next….. overall plant is looking ok, I agree with others you’ll definitely want to top them next time in such limited space.

She looks a little yellow, looking at the soil I’m guessing it could be overwatering. Try letting the soil dry out a bit before each watering. Either that or there could be a ph issue with the soil. What kind of soil are you using?

Are you watering with straight water or using liquid nutrients?

Nextgeneration73

Hi next….. overall plant is looking ok, I agree with others you’ll definitely want to top them next time in such limited space.

She looks a little yellow, looking at the soil I’m guessing it could be overwatering. Try letting the soil dry out a bit before each watering. Either that or there could be a ph issue with the soil. What kind of soil are you using?

Are you watering with straight water or using liquid nutrients?
Both actually, Bio Bizz All mix soil, and Monster Bloom along with the water.... What week of flowering does it look like to you though?

Nextgeneration73

Killer a5 Haze Day 52 since popping out of the soil
IMG_20240327_191547_1.jpg
IMG_20240327_191539.jpg
IMG_20240327_192633.jpg

The preflowering pistals that came out first all have Amber, anyone have any ideas about this?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts