What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kernow Guerrilla

Big Eggy

Veteran
A lot of rain here lately but the plants look like they are doing well. At least I don't have to visit to water them for a while.

group photo
clockwise from 12, Purple Maroc, Super#61, auto amnesia & grape berry

picture.php

Purple Maroc
picture.php

Super#61
picture.php

Grape Berry
picture.php

Auto amnesia
picture.php

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Looking great man! I love squashes. I'm mostly running various peppers and a couple tomatoes. We have a real issue with spotted wilt and black spot around here but so far they are ok.

Tricko

I enjoyed reading your thread. But I was so sad when i read about your bad luck with thieves. Hopefully the rest of your ladies will stay safe.

Cool greenhouse btw! :)

Big Eggy

Veteran
I enjoyed reading your thread. But I was so sad when i read about your bad luck with thieves. Hopefully the rest of your ladies will stay safe.

Cool greenhouse btw! :)

Thanks Tricks, glad you've liked it, I went a bit crazy early on with the updates and just want to let nature take it course from here on. The autos at the side of my house are literally a fire and forget approach except for my excessive topping due to the hight issues, if I get 4grams of smoke of them I'll be happy.

The plant that got ripped was a blessing in disguise, if they'd been ripped in flower is have been pissed but it spured me on to look for a better spot and the guys here gave me the courage to do it. I'm not gonna have huge plants but with a bit of luck I'll pull something this season (my first in 10 years).

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
Keep it rolin’
like a Mack truck,
that’s been illegally acquired.

Haha we don't get Mack's here too big for our roads, what we do have a lot of is New Holland tractors with cualiflower picnickers on tow, doing 30mph on a 60mph road.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Saturday morning visit to the site and its a bit of a mixed bag.. The purple Maroc and super#61 are doing well, the Grape Berry has some mottled patches starting to form on the older leafs and poor little Auto amnesia hasn't done much at all. I've had wind and heavy rain for a week with bits of strong sunshine so I think that's caused the Grape Berry's problem and the auto amnesia has been laying in the dirt the whole time.

Also planted out the second PM which is the one intended for seeds.

Purple Maroc #1
picture.php

Super#61
picture.php

Grape berry
picture.php

Purple Maroc #2 (potential seed mom)
picture.php

Auto amnesia
picture.php

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
Auto update - nearly 9 weeks

So I've kinda neglected the autos but that was kinda the point when I started them.

Shit spot - only gets full sun from midday till 4pm when the sun is shining. Soil isn't too bad but I'm letting the weeds grow up around them for cover as it's literally the other side of my garden wall.

Anyhow anyone who's been following will know that hight has been an issue, mainly for the NL... The darn thing just keeps growing even after two tops.. anyhow 5he second top a couple of weeks ago was right through the main stem and since then the weather has been shit with a capital S.

This is a lesson to anyone thinking of topping late in a plants life.. the stem must have filled with water and started to rot.. it looks like PM so I ripped the whole thing as it's close to the AK.

NL stem rot
picture.php

picture.php

I'm not too upset as this thing had only just shown an interest in flowering and was way too big for the situation.

The AK on the other hand is doing well, she's only been topped once and more of what I wanted from an auto. She looks more like a NL or a WW I've grown so hope I didn't mix the seeds up but at 9 weeks this Tuesday coming at least we have some bud sites.

The breeder said 10weeks, I'm assuming that's indoors so normally say 12 or 13.. in Cornwall we have a saying "dreckly" which means an unspecified time in the future. . That's what I'm going with.

AK Auto 9 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

Big Eggy

Veteran
Looks like the powdery mildew spread a little to the AK.. it's not nearly as bad as the NL though I can see a small split in the main stem also some small patches on a couple of the upper leaves.

Treated with the old baking powder soap mix.. might alternate with milk to keep on top of it, other than that the plant seems happy enough. Gonna be a small yeild unless she surprises me and packs on weight over the next few weeks.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Can you get Serenade (antifungal spray) in the UK?

I don't think we can get it in regular stores... Hydro shops might have some but there aren't any near me. I should be able to get some sort of antifungal spray at a garden centre it's just fitting in the time to get there.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Do you anchor your cages (from animals and weather?) Looks like they're buried in the dirt some...

They are just pushed into the dirt about an inch or two.. Wind hasn't been a problem so far and the only critters I need to worry about are rabbits and people. I did see a deer two weeks ago near buy but I'd be shocked if it hot up there I struggle in the wet and there is only one way in.

The auto near the house is unprotected which is why early on a cat chewed my first attempt, a week or two after a neighbours pig escaped and went rooting around down there but luckily they were still in the greenhouse, he'll have a field day if he gets out again.

Big Eggy

Veteran
weekly update

The sun has arrived at last and things are starting to progress.

purple maroc
picture.php

super#61
This thing is growing fast.. looks like it might be a male so I'm pretty happy I might get some pollen.
picture.php

purple maroc - potential seed mom
picture.php

Last edited: