What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kernow Guerrilla

Big Eggy

Veteran
Not much to say at this moment other than I'm struggling with getting the Patriot Medicine and early grape berry to germinate.. Mostly my fault but the two I've got rooted are taking their time showing above soil level. The purple maroc and the super#61 are a bit leggy but the sun has been crazy hot the last week.

Got just one more hole to dig.. And I've lugged a LOT of soil to the site in bags.. Still need more.

One hole to go
picture.php

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
haha never mate.. I'll start making them bigger as the years go on untill it's one big bed. It takes about 20-30mins per hole roughly a spit and a half deep. I use the mini mattock and then pull the stones out by hand.

That said it would keep the plants rooted in high wind... Or snap em?

Big Eggy

Veteran
I'm done digging.. Phew! Just need to lug up some more soil and make a few cages. I've also managed to stash 9lites of water in case of a drought during the summer (not likely in Cornwall).

I just need my seedlings to get a move on now, having trouble with the Patriot Medicine, Ive been though 4 seeds now and they germ but get stuck just as they pop up??? Very odd.. I'm gonna wait a few days for the last one but in the meantime start one of the autos just to fill the fourth hole.. Maybe the Haze or Diesel.

Big Eggy

Veteran
First two holes are ready for the super#61 and the purple maroc. Just got to wait for this rain to pass. Next seedling ready will be a early grape berry then it's a race between another purple maroc and the anemic amnesia haze I posted in the anything outdoor thread for the final plot.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Right all holes are ready and waiting.. PM and super#61 are 21days old and crying out to get their roots in the ground.. I've had to keep them in smaller pots this time round as transporting the large pots was a joke. A week ago I cut the bottoms of the pots and then repotted into the same size pots with an inch and a half of fresh soil to give them some more space but they really need to be in open ground now.

I've knocked these together quickly tonight so I can just drop them in and stick them in a backpack first light.

picture.php

Big Eggy

Veteran
All holes are now filled.. I'm not gonna end up with huge plants this late on but should get something at the end off all this.

From top left to bottom right: Purple Maroc, Super#61, Early Grape Berry and Auto amnesia.

picture.php

I've got another Purple Maroc seedling at home that may or may not join the party.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Autos 7 weeks!

Now my experience of autos is a little out dated buy say 10 years, and there not in the best spot and I've topped them when I know the advice is LST but these things are getting way out of hand for the location (close to the house). If I don't see some flowers on the NL soon it's gonna be topped again.

picture.php

NL close up
picture.php

AK close up
picture.php

I've seen good results on these cheap seeds so happy to put it down to my location... But any bigger their gonna be a problem.

gorilla ganja

7 weeks and not showing flowers. I don't think that is an auto. Most of mine show sex in 2-3 weeks.
Done in about 11 weeks give or take.

Peace GG

Big Eggy

Veteran
Yeah it's what I thought.. I can understand one seed getting mixed up but seems odd for two different strains.

The vender seems trusted across the community and I've seen good results from other grows, though these have all been indoors.

Very odd.

Big Eggy

Veteran
I swear I see some pistils on your NL close up pic. In the first node right below the top.

They both have them but only pre flowers. The smaller one (AK) has stopped stretching and is clearly about to flower but the bigger NL is still sending out new growth. I've had to top her last night as she is in danger of becoming visible from my garden.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Cool thread man, didn't know you had your own until I stumbled upon this. I'll pull up a lawn chair and enjoy the show. :lurk:

Big Eggy

Veteran
Thanks JST, I've had my ups and downs so far but hopefully things are back on the straight an narrow.

We've had too hot days here with today being hottest of the year so far. Luckily the Mrs went to the beach when I got home from work so I managed a quick visit to the main site.

The four plants are looking well but the ground was dry so each got a share of 5 litres of water with seaweed extract and a spray of insecticide.

Super#61 is growing faster than the Purple Maroc... I'm kinda hoping that's a boy so I can cross it with the other PM I have waiting in the greenhouse.

gorilla ganja

you can tie down the plants and any branches that grow too tall as well. A really good way to deal with height problems. Just be gentle to begin with and tighten the string as they adapt to the bend.

Big Eggy

Veteran
you can tie down the plants and any branches that grow too tall as well. A really good way to deal with height problems. Just be gentle to begin with and tighten the string as they adapt to the bend.

Not possible with the location for the autos, they are supposed to blend in with the "weeds" so to speak so need to look as natural as can be.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Maxicrop for seaweed extract Eggy?

I'm afraid not RD just cheap Doff stuff, though not so cheap as I brought it from a independent garden centre rather than poundland.. My veggies in the greenhouse seem to like it though.

Big Eggy

Veteran
I've got some pk 13/14 hydro nutes waiting in the wings... But not even my 7 week autos seem ready for a dose yet.