What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kernow Guerrilla

Big Eggy

Veteran
The uglies/B]

grape berry
Suspect mite damage or fungle infection
picture.php

Auto Amnesia
picture.php

Big Eggy

Veteran
Auto AK - 10 weeks *nearly

picture.php

Done a bit of lollypopping.. firstly to keep her energy on the main buds and secondly to slow the spread of the PM.

I did something really silly but doesn't seem to have affected the plant, I added a drop of toilet bleach and antibacterial soap to the baking Powder spay.. I only sprayed the stem with this concoction.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Been up again today to spray with a fresh bottle of Big Clear that says it kills red spider mites I also brought a bottle of provanto which guys over at 420uk say is good but doesn't list mites on the lable... Think I'm gonna alternate between the two and ive got a bottle of neem on order for good measure.

The grape berry looks a little happier today but the weather has turned again.. rain and sea mist hanging in the air since lunchtime.

Edit: when I tipped out the black spray bottle I've got stashed up there that I thought had the insecticide in it was almost as clear as water.. the fresh stuff I had in my pack looked like milk which may explain why it was ineffective.

Big Eggy

Veteran
weekly update

Firstly I've struggled to get up to the gurillea site as I've been exploring some of the 100+ beaches Cornwall has to offer.. my usual Saturday visit was replaced with a day of me and Mrs Eggy wave hunting (thanks to the in-laws looking after the kids) we need up at a sweet spot surfing for five hours straight. Picked the kids up later that day and spend the evening on the south coast on this beautiful beach.

picture.php

Today thanks to covid I managed to get up to the site for a cheeky look and a few litres of 7-7-7 with a dash of seaweed extract.

Purple Maroc
Seems this lady is leaning towards the indica side of the family.
picture.php

Super#61
This chap 'pretty sure it's a dude' can grow fast, good potential father material.
picture.php

Purple Maroc - seed mom
Not much to say here yet, not as broad leafed as the other PM so meh?
picture.php

Big Eggy

Veteran
Well that's the good now for the ugly..

Auto Amnesia runt
Never had a runt before.. but there's a first for everything.
picture.php

Early grape berry
So this guy seemed/seems to have mite damage.. yet it's still growing as quick as the Purple Maroc dispite being a few weeks younger from seed.. who knows what's wrong, just gonna run with it for now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm thinking broad mites... But why just this plant. I've seen red spider mites in the greenhouse but not in worrying numbers and I've sprayed for them and they have not ravaged my succulents as you'd expect form an infestation. Who knows ey? It's growing ok dispite the obvious leaf damage/deficiency/virus and it's not spread yet to the others so let sleeping dogs lie... That said won't be using her/him for any seeds.

Big Eggy

Veteran
auto AK 11 weeks

Constant battle with the powdery mildew creeping up the main stem.. she's been getting daily doses of anti fungal spray and the baking powder bleach concoction but she's hanging on in there.. might actually pull a harvest of this if I'm lucky.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Finally a family photo from the main site.
picture.php

Big Eggy

Veteran
The hot weather brings the helicopter out in me.. went for a walk this evening and took each plant except the runt 1.5litres of pH 6.5 mineral water, topped dressed with some fresh compost, FBB & Epsom salts and a spay of anti fungal and neem oil.

The big purple maroc is definitely indica leaning which court mean slow blooming according to seed finder. super#61 is a beast I cannot believe how quickly it grows, have seen this on a thread on 420uk but it impressive in real life.. really hope my early assessment of it being a male is right.

thepureskunk

Looking great mate :tiphat:

Cornwall looks very beautiful. Never actually been but hopefully one day. Beautiful beaches near me but no surfing I don’t think.

Good luck with the rest of your grow :joint:

Big Eggy

Veteran
Looking great mate :tiphat:

Cornwall looks very beautiful. Never actually been but hopefully one day. Beautiful beaches near me but no surfing I don’t think.

Good luck with the rest of your grow :joint:

Cheers TPS! I'm a little behind coz of having to restart mid way through June, but the new site should be secure for years to come.

I was just checking out your Hindu Kush's... they look like thew are gonna be nice plants... roll on flowering time ey?

Big Eggy

Veteran
Right was showing my dad the auto AK yesterday and noticed a little but rot starting to form... Weather is damp here for the next few days so I'm just gonna salvage what I can, could have done with another week or two but hey I find these things don't get better.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Quick visit tonight as I missed the weekend with my mum and dad being down for a visit, my dad would have loved to see the main site but he'd not be be able to climb the hill in.

Purple Maroc #1
picture.php
to

Purple Maroc #2
picture.php

Super#61

Think this might be a female now but need a week or two to be sure.. light was low and hard to tell but saw a few pistils.

picture.php

They are clearly lacks some evening sun which I can try and improve with some pruning of the trees a little bit won't help too much, morning to mid day is full sun.

Big Eggy

Veteran
uglies

grape berry

Growing ok but still not 100% happy.. just gonna keep a close eye.

picture.php

picture.php

Auto Amnesia runt
picture.php

family photo
picture.php

Top left to bottom right: purple maroc#1, super#61, purple Maroc #2, grape berry, auto amnesia runt.

Dankwolf

Light intensity seems on par but duration is lacking . over nice execution . hit them with trace micros / macros with a spray bottle and you will be rewarded for the effort.

Also cell division seems fast so i guessing sec os low maybe top with gypsum if you can to bring ratios back in line . the medium is corse causing the accelerated cell divisions.

If any one can chime in and articulate it better please due . honestly i am just a hobby guy.

I miss the rebel days . it made it thrilling . legalization has has killed the diversity and the appreciation of the unique isolated selection of day gone gone by

Big Eggy

Veteran
Lol just a hobby guy who grows fecking awesome tree's!

What do you mean by "sec os low"? I'm assuming food grade gypsum used in brewing or can I just smash up some plasterboard?

Thanks for the advice

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
BDankwolf's spot on the about the light. They are obviously getting bright, good-quality sunlight. The issue is that the tree's are blocking it throughout much of the day. In fact, I can tell which direction you're getting light from the longest cause your plants are pointing that way. Can't comment on the foliar feeding cause I've never done it. Growing in the guerrilla fashion requires you to look at things differently than you would in a situation where you have more control and can spend time daily with your plants. For me, spraying plants and getting them wet presents the risk of attracting mold (in my climate) and they are vulnerable since I can't inspect and treat them daily.

Obviously, the trees provide a security advantage but the sacrifice is your plants will get less light and in the the end will yield less. The good news is your plants look healthy and have thick stalks. Yes, they want more but they are getting what they need. Broad-leaf indicas do well in these situations cause those huge leaves can probably catch light in the dark lol. They don't need as much light as equatorial varieties. Looking good man. :good:

@Dankwolf: I'm not sure what you're referring too in regards to cell division. Are you talking about the stretching and wider spacing between nodes? The plants are stretching cause they need more light. I personally wouldn't add the gypsum. They're in the correct pH range and Eggy can't make frequent trips to correct any errors before they get out of hand. Legal environment is a whole different ballpark. You can get away with playing with your plants more cause they're under your constant supervision and care. The guerrilla game is exhilarating, but also tiring and somewhat stressful. I would certainly be happy with going green for a change. There you can bring your girls to their full potential instead of making sacrifices for security.

:plant grow:

Big Eggy

Veteran
Cheers JST,

We had an amazingly early and hot spring just as we went into lockdown when I started the first plants that got ripped.. I was surprised at myself for even managing to get this site up and running. Weather since has been on and off and lots of sea mist since.. should get better this month.

The trees run along a a high ridge which is a pain to get up, then Wade though high brambles to where I cut the space out. They [trees] offer some protection from the elements. Those photos were taken at 19:40 and it's mostly south facing, will try and prune the west side some more but all I have is a leatherman with a saw, could really do with a proper folding pruning saw to take out some bigger branches.

Next year I'll have all winter to prep and make the site longer.

The auto that I cut down at the side of my house looked closer to being ready than I first thought.. gave it a quick trim and hung it in the loft. I can't check on it till my Mrs is out "praying for an early morning swell so she'll go surfing while I'm getting ready for work". Fingers crossed I got all the mold and it's drying nicely.

Edit: Always been a bit weary of full on indicas with tight buds because of mold issues.. I spent £60 on seeds this year so if 15g I'll have recovered my costs with soil and tools etc. Should be half way there from the auto. Would love a male for seeds though.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
For sure, those pure indies are mold prone. Not just cause of the tight buds, but they never developed the immune system necessary to combat it. Not many mold spores floating around Afghanistan or Pakistan, it's just too dry. I've seen it on my own plants that have yet to even start flowering, so there's more to it than just plants having tight buds. I don't see any sign of it yet on your plants.

Big Eggy

Veteran
The Auto AK was drying two quickly in the loft as the buds are fairly airy could definitely have done with at least a week longer if not more before the mold showed up. Managed to fill a small jar of buds and a jar of trim. They are nothing to brag about but had a cheeky toke at lunch time and I can still feel the buzz... I'm happy.

Brought out of retirement

picture.php

Big Eggy

Veteran
This is what I salvaged from the AK only 10g of fluff .. gonna stick to guerilla proven strains for the future that are mold resistant.

Still the bit I've tried ahead of the cure is more than strong enough.. will last me till the main crop is finished, hope to let them go full term.

picture.php

picture.php