What's new

Kerala Landrace info

Samson4

Veteran
What year did everyone get their kerala seeds? I got mine in 2010 i believe and they came in round plastic cases in groups of 10. Is this similiar to you corky, amanda and hazeoil?

corky1968

Veteran
My original seeds also came in those round plastic containers the size of a large coin.
I think the year was 2009 and there were was 12 seeds in each container. The seeds
I used to grow the plants that I have now were made afterwards by myself.

corky1968

Veteran
Well it seems that my girls are well overloaded with ripening seeds.
So I just got rid the last of pollen producing cuttings. In 3 days and
after at least 2 misting I'll be able to bring back my two mostly seedless
plants to my grow chamber and finish them all up together.

amanda88

What year did everyone get their kerala seeds? I got mine in 2010 i believe and they came in round plastic cases in groups of 10. Is this similiar to you corky, amanda and hazeoil?

Thanks for the heads up Samson, I've been staring at this little round plastic pill thing for years, (2010) ..wondering where I got it...yes Kerala seeds ...!!!

ABOVE/ the pic with the fish hook is from the OP, and me suggesting he may need to improve this ....lol

cheers/

H

HazeOil

Hey Samson4, i got my beans from Ganesha seeds at the bay.. took 3+ weeks to germ my pack and only got 3 to make it.. 2 were female and 1 male, the 1 female was a mutant so tryd to clone but still had the problem so it got cuT.

soo i ended up with 1 female and 1 male and there getn it on:biggrin:

corky1968

Veteran
I gave all of my plants one round of distilled water yesterday as a cleaning agent.
The day before that, I took each plant one at a time into my bathroom and misted
them so heavily that the water was dripping off of them like rain to get rid of any
possible dust that must accumulate on the leaves that we can't see. I then let
the plants dry off before replacing them under the light.

Indoor plants don't get rain and I imagine a good misting is in order at least
once in a plants life. So I do this distilled water and heavy misting treatment
at least once with every grow I do now and the plants seem happier for it.

A few days ago I also bought 2 nice little 6 inch desk top fans that came with clips. Now the plants are very happy.

picture.php

H

HazeOil

heres a pic of my kerala female in veg
picture.php

and a couple i have in flower at the moment
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ill put up better pics next time, i was in a rush when i took those

corky1968

Veteran
Well, it's been a while and here's some pictures of my single unseeded Kerala. I can't wait to smoke some of this stuff one day.

picture.php

picture.php

This branch below is actually leaning a little higher and to the right. But this camera angle gave me better
shot. Anyways you can see that the buds on this leaning branch are all pointed upwards towards the light.

The seeded plants still have some ways to go people so hang in there.

picture.php

corky1968

Veteran
Kerala Microscopy at 40X and 100X

Kerala Microscopy at 40X and 100X

Kerala gland b far

picture.php

Kerala gland b closer

picture.php

matured kerala stigma pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

corky1968

Veteran
Those were taken with a cheap 0.3 MP USB camera that came with the microscope.
I plan on getting a much better one of 5MP resolution for even clearer pics.

Here's some specs of my current camera:

0.3 Mega Pixel USB Still Photo & Live Video Microscope Imager Digital Camera

MD35 Camera
Pixel Size: 5.6µm
Resolution: 0.3MP (640x480)
Video Rate: 30fps @ 640x480

Here's the camera I want: :woohoo:

5.0 Mega Pixel USB Still Photo & Live Video Microscope Imager Digital Camera 5MP

MD500 Camera
Pixel Size: 2.2µm
Resolution: 5MP
Video Frame Rate: 7.5fps @ 1280x1024, 5fps @ 1600x1200, 2fps @ 2592x1944

As you can see for about than $100 I can greatly increase the quality of my pics. :tiphat:

BTW: If anyone wants to know this is my exact microscope.

AmScope 40X-2000X LED Digital Binocular Compound Microscope w 3D Stage + Camera

corky1968

Veteran
Well it's been exactly 35 days since I pollinated my girls and today while looking at the cracked calyxes
on some plants.I noticed 1 seed just in the open on a bud leaf. I guess they are getting close to maturity
in the buds as this one seed was nice and dark. I put it in a container for now labelled from which female
it came from.

Each couple of days when I take a good look at the plants. More and more calyxes are cracking
and looking nice and golden/brown. So it fairly apparent that things are proceeding quite nicely.

Here's a random shot of calyxes splitting that I was talking about.

picture.php

picture.php

The plants haven't grown at all in height since they've been pollinated.

The tallest one is 32 inches tall not including it's pot. As a result of the heavy seeded branches that are also supported
I can't move them now. Once they are harvested I should be able to take a picture of the lone unseeded female as she is
really packing in the pistils now. Next time, I'll be using fans from the beginning when they are seedlings and this will make
for much stronger branches. I'm still learning and know it will be even better next time around.

Here's picture I just took at ground level and the plant that is the closest is the 32 inch tall one.

picture.php

picture.php

thejact55

Best of luck on a bountiful harvest. Thanks for sharing you experiences with this plant. I hope to someday be able to access these genetics.

Latest posts

Latest posts