What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Keep my see 1k hps or switch to cmh???

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Glues at 32 and starting to bulk up nicely. I took a picture to show my height from canopy and how much more I can go up.... Not more than 3 4 inches but I don't think I'll have to. No signs of burning or bleaching and all the tops under center look to be filling in like normal.
picture.php
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Glues 38 today.ec of around 1.0 and at the next water changer I may raise it a little as they are showing slight k deficiencies. These girls are gaining weight fast though and smell very nice.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Dirt Bag

Just won the bid on this! $345 delivered. Includes hangers, shitty 120v timer, and two Philips bulbs. The previous Hydro Crunch products I've purchased have been fine. We'll see.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I like to stick by proven companies myself. Sunsystem, hydrofarm, phantom, nanolux. Ive used their products for years and have had good luck. Never heard of hydro crunch so I can't comment on Them.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
They hit 40 yesterday. Getting 450ml pbp, 200 calmag and 1 tsp of beastie bloomz/40gal. Under the hps with this amount of feeding I think the buds would be twice the size what they are now. I'm thinking I might take a hit on yield, but the quality is looking nice though.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So far personally I think the nugs are smaller. Heatwise I'm only a few degrees cooler than a 1k with my lamp at 1x the distance than I'd normally have it. Currently about 20 inches.Benefits I'm seeing are an increase in frost, lower wattage used, and this round of glue even has a little bit of a different smell.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
So far personally I think the nugs are smaller. Heatwise I'm only a few degrees cooler than a 1k with my lamp at 1.5x the distance than I'd normally have it. Benefits I'm seeing are an increase in frost, lower wattage used, and this round of glue even has a little bit of a different smell.

When I saw a pulled back view of that tray it seemed like you won't get much reflected light of the sides because of that step in the wall.

If you had reflective walls boxing in under the light perhaps you would see more size?

Dirt Bag

So far personally I think the nugs are smaller. Heatwise I'm only a few degrees cooler than a 1k with my lamp at 1.5x the distance than I'd normally have it. Benefits I'm seeing are an increase in frost, lower wattage used, and this round of glue even has a little bit of a different smell.

What about density? Can you detect a difference? Squeeze the Charmin, man.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I'll give them a squeeze next time I'm In there. As for the light, the only side that doesn't seem like it gets a whole lot of light is the far left outside of the tray. I think I can remedy that with overlap though. Seeing as it's right next to my other tray once I get another light it should take care of that. The way the reflector is angled, there's not much light even going past the step in the wall. It all seems to go down in front of it at an angle.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So density wise they feel good about halfway down the plant. From half down they get a little fluffy. I swear I put glue in the tray but it just doesn't smell like it. It smells sweeter...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
46 days on the glue. Ive got another 630 on the way to get the next round moving. It'll either be a bunch of ecsd,trainwreck,firestorms in cocos or a mix of forum cookies and gluetang#3s in rockwools.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php