What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Keep my see 1k hps or switch to cmh???

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Dirt bag needs to read the tou. if the insults and trolling, aren't edited, ill be cleaning up, by deleting the whole posts.

regarding coco. you can reuse coco multiple times. as long as you have no medium based pest infestation you can reuse it at least 3 runs, have experimented with up to 7 runs in the same coco slabs. nowadays i will not use the slabs more then 4 times. you just have to maintain it properly by flushing it here and there if it gets too salty. to be honest when saw your trays i was thinking how easy it be for you to go to automated coco slabs with that base set up. just need some drip lines to hook to your pump instead of flooding the table you just drip feed till a bit of run off, from 3 to 7 times a day. i like 4 watering during lights on period and no watering during lights off period, but that side of it is very much up to you. seen coco rock with just a plain 30 lt pot full of coco set on the floor, guy was watering by hand once a day, gets great results and maintains a much lower plant count then i do. but you will need to lower the table as low as it can go, right down to the tank, cause they will stretch like hell in the first 3 weeks of 12/12

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I was thinking I removing the Res all together, trays on the floor like catch pans, 2gallon smartpots with loose fill Coco. Handwatered daily. I somewhat dabbled with coco for some mother's bit never flowered them. Here's a gg4 in coco...
picture.php

Dirt Bag

Dirt bag needs to read the tou. if the insults and trolling, aren't edited, ill be cleaning up, by deleting the whole posts.

regarding coco. you can reuse coco multiple times. as long as you have no medium based pest infestation you can reuse it at least 3 runs, have experimented with up to 7 runs in the same coco slabs. nowadays i will not use the slabs more then 4 times. you just have to maintain it properly by flushing it here and there if it gets too salty. to be honest when saw your trays i was thinking how easy it be for you to go to automated coco slabs with that base set up. just need some drip lines to hook to your pump instead of flooding the table you just drip feed till a bit of run off, from 3 to 7 times a day. i like 4 watering during lights on period and no watering during lights off period, but that side of it is very much up to you. seen coco rock with just a plain 30 lt pot full of coco set on the floor, guy was watering by hand once a day, gets great results and maintains a much lower plant count then i do. but you will need to lower the table as low as it can go, right down to the tank, cause they will stretch like hell in the first 3 weeks of 12/12

My apologies, "insult" corrected.
Not sure to what "trolling" is so, delete away, Chief. Apparently you've mistaken me for someone who gives a rats ass.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thanks for editing the insult out.

the whole drama about a comma is what seemed to me, to be trolling. specially as it seems, you weren't joking. we don't attack each other here, about the placement of a comma. it's not conducive to a good conversation and the exchange of information.

Dirt Bag

thanks for editing the insult out.

the whole drama about a comma is what seemed to me, to be trolling. specially as it seems, you weren't joking. we don't attack each other here, about the placement of a comma. it's not conducive to a good conversation and the exchange of information.

It wasn't me that posted the comma comment, sir. I merely replied.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Glue tray 18 days in. Stretch seems to be slowing down but I still took the light up. Canopy temps were mid to upper 80s today.branches seem pretty sturdy for glue and the bud sites are already setting and putting out trichomes.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Those cookies are iced and those glues are going to need to trade the bamboo for fence posts to hold up their bulk in a couple weeks. When do th cookies normally finish?

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
20 days today. Dont seem to be stretching much more. It's filled in nicely. Light height seems right and canopy temps are 84 ish today but I'm pulling in lots of cold air so that number should slowly decrease.
picture.php
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Cookies looking and smelling better every day. They'll get one more light feeding and then it's clearex and water. Also idk what did it but the forum is with child. My money's on the gluetang#2. I think it knocked up my pp as well as selfed it's self.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
A few shots of the tray today. Light heights been steady at around 18 ish inches. Haven't really measured, just looks to be under 2 ft.... No burning and I can keep my hand at the canopy comfortably. I'm pumping in a lot of cold outside air and the rooms staying mid 80s. I'll definitely be picking up a couple more of these as the funds become available.the trays stacking up nicely. There's going to be quite a few nice tops.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Dirt Bag

PURPLE PETIOLES: Symptom or Genes

PURPLE PETIOLES: Symptom or Genes

I see praying leaves and purple petioles. Are these precursors or natural. One way is to grow one of those in another environment, perhaps sunlight, and see if it happens to it. A control, if you will. I think these may be symptoms of too much light, but I am certainly not certain either.
The leaf tissue looks super healthy with no brown tips or curling margins. Seeing the plants in a more natural spectrum really allows you to see their condition more accurately IMHO and is yet another huge benefit of CMH.
I too am completely sold and simply waiting for the funds to proceed.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Purple petioles on which? On some strains when they're purple it's a sign of needing more phosphorus. When the levels are just right the petioles would be a green color instead of purple. On the cookies the petioles and leaves turn purple due to genetics. I like the praying leaves. To me it's a sign of a healthy plant. I've gotten them under 600s and 1ks before so I don't think it's a sign of too much light. I also don't think there's a such thing indoors. The sun is so much more powerful than our indoor lights.... If it was too much light I would think there's be signs of stress or bleaching. I'm not seeing either. I've ran the glue quite a few times and can say this tray looks better than it normally does under hps.
Here's my last glue tray under a 1k hps. Notice the praying leaves...
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Glue tray hit 25 today and cookies are at 60. I think I'll go e them the chop this weekend. 65ish. Also here's a shot of what I meant by the green petioles not starving for phos. On a ecsd clone.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php