What's new

KEEP BUYING GOLD!

KEEP BUYING GOLD!

• Go for the Gold (& Silver too)

Votes: 65 80.2%
  • Give me Greenbacks - Walmart don't take gold (Yet)

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL. Gold is going to go up because the dollar is becoming very weak. Beck is a goofball. He doesn't command currency or commodity. Just wait until the inevitable inflation hits.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL. Someone said people who buy gold think the world's economies are coming to an end. That's hilarious. It's just a traded commodity dude. You buy it to hedge inflation. The world is not coming to end lol, but if you don't think we aren't in some somewhat unprecedented economic times?? Ok. nm?

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BTW, this big spike is also people who have been buying gold for the last 10-15 years selling into people just now reacting to market trends. They are making a killing. A lot of speculators too. The market will correct itself.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
That is a pretty weak article, however Glenn Beck is a goofball. I think he is going to try and run for president.

As Gold fell some more today, those who have cash wanting to get in need to realize another spike will be coming soon.

This correcting will bottom out soon, and of course, one would want to get in at the lowest price. That is, unless they think the economy has bounced back. I do not think that.

Here is the last 30 days.
gold_30_day_o_usd.png

Past correction spikes, point to the current correction, almost being over. Of course WTF do I know?

I am not selling anything, I'll put it that way.

hotrod69

If anyone is interested (and if you live in the usa you should be) there is a video on youtube called "the dollar bubble" search it, watch it, it'll definately make you think.

HR

well I think that political comment was offbase, but I did make one first so fair enough, whatever. But where did you mention the cleaning part? All I saw is the acquiring gold part? Silver does have more potential I think, and it would be nice to store funds that way hypothetically, but how do you explain how you came into all that silver (the cleaning part)?

PS. No the democrats and repubs are not the same, different shades of grey yes but I'd still rather go with the shade of gray that helps more people, the Dems. Personally I like the Greens but now you will say I am really out in left field so be it.

rootfingers

Yeah, no doubt that article is a little weak. Its mainly about how Glenn Beck is an unethical journalist (it is hard to call him journalist even lol) and how Fox is cool with it.

It is relevant however in displaying how some manipulate the gold market though. And the malleability of all markets for that matter. Markets are a man made invention and ours have been allowed to run out of control at the hands of the powerful and greedy. It makes me wonder why people continue to play into all of it.

rootfingers

Also, I watched the "Dollar Bubble" video and it paints a pretty grim future for the dollar. Not sure what will happen in the future as I can't see past now for now. Maybe these institutions imploding is what has to happen so people will feel okay walking away from the markets idea. Gonna be pain. Growing pain hopefully?

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
But where did you mention the cleaning part? All I saw is the acquiring gold part? Silver does have more potential I think, and it would be nice to store funds that way hypothetically, but how do you explain how you came into all that silver (the cleaning part)?

Not to mention, you can take stacks of 9,000 dollars, and buy as much gold bullion as you want. With no record keeping.

So lets say you make 20k off a patch of tomatoes you are growing. These happen to be illegal tomatoes, so you can't take it to the bank. You can however, go and buy 9k in gold bullion from two different places, and have it in a much smaller state. Also, no records kept. Now your money is easily transferable, and you have something that is making money. Keep that gold for 12 months, and you will probably make an extra 5 grand...

Most of my precious metals are in physical form, and can be bought in quantities under 10k, and will not be reported.

Do that enough times, and you can get yourself a nice stack, that you can take and sell for a legitimate lump sum. Voila! You now have a check you can take to a bank, with no worries. Or you can sit on the metal, and ride the roller coaster.

Some of my earlier posts in this thread mention this(post #88/ page 6). While gold is a good investment, I am using it as a physical money store. The fact it is gaining value is a plus.

Silver is better route for those getting started.

Last edited:
Keep buying.

Obama said we need to "spend ourselves out of recession" - a huge indicator to traders that the dollar is going to continue to plummet, and the economy will continue to stagnate.

He really should've managed a hot dog stand or something.

G

good drown

glenn beck is the devil, or if you dont believe in religion here ya go
glenn beck = scum of the earth

cashmunny

where do you "purchase" gold from (legit)?

You can buy a gold certificate which is basically where you own the gold but pay someone to store it securely for you. There are bullion repositories in Australia that issue them. There may be others. It's an interesting way to move money overseas and out of the prying eyes of the feds, since you could "theoretically" buy a gold certificate in the States then transport that overseas and sell it. Check out the Perth mint.

You can buy a gold ETF (exchange traded fund) that tracks the price of gold. It is much more liquid and you don't get squeezed as much between bid and ask price as you would if you were actually trying to buy and sell the physical metal. Symbol GLD. You can also short sell the ETF if you think the price is going to go down.

You also don't have the security concerns of having a bunch of valuable, easily pawnable metal ready for the taking.

You can buy options on the ETF it too if you want extreme leverage or if you want insurance against losses.

You could buy options on gold futures with no downside hedge. That would be like taking all your money and placing it on black.

Realize though that what people are talking about here is not really investing in gold as speculating on the price of gold. Big difference. Also, gold is strictly a hedge against inflation. In real terms over the long haul it earns zero percent. Whereas most companies pay a dividend and have potential for real (in the economic sense) price appreciation as the business grows.

So gold is a very, very conservative play if you hold it long term. In the short term though...anything could happen. But eventually all things revert to the mean. Always.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also, I watched the "Dollar Bubble" video and it paints a pretty grim future for the dollar. Not sure what will happen in the future as I can't see past now for now. Maybe these institutions imploding is what has to happen so people will feel okay walking away from the markets idea. Gonna be pain. Growing pain hopefully?

That's right roots. I think it's going to be the shit's too for the Dollar. That's why Gold is a good hedge. You can buy bricks. What's more important, IMO, is like you said; it's always best to have tangible assets. I'm not too hot on our banking and Wall Street system right now. I believe some sort of systemic failure is presenting itself. Probably not though.

enviromental-head-in-the-sand.jpg

You might just yet end up on my friend's list rootfingers.

:snowkiss:

zenoonez

Veteran
Or you could keep that capital liquid and make a killing day-trading? With a positive tending volatile market, there is no better recipe short term financial success. Now, that being said, you could also lose your ass day trading too.

cashmunny

I think if the dollar crashed and gold went through the roof then I think food and water would become the next currency. Not gold. Seriously. The world biggest economy defaults and devalues the dollar? There would be very, very, serious repercussions.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Or you could keep that capital liquid and make a killing day-trading? With a positive tending volatile market, there is no better recipe short term financial success. Now, that being said, you could also lose your ass day trading too.

True. There are a lot of suckers in day trading too. It's more the exception than the rule, but if are on top of your game and good at it you can make a boatload. The percentage swings can be awesome as so said above.

cashmunny

It might have been true 10-12 years ago, you could have played with daytrading and make a living being a market maker. Buying at the bid and selling at the ask. No more I don't think. Now you are just playing a zero sum game with other daytraders, with a portion of every pot going to the professional marketmakers. So it's like being a poker player. The house gets it's take of course. But the skill level at the table varies. So unless the noob get's really, really lucky, he'll get taken to the cleaners.

Latest posts

Latest posts