What's new

KEEP BUYING GOLD!

KEEP BUYING GOLD!

• Go for the Gold (& Silver too)

Votes: 65 80.2%
  • Give me Greenbacks - Walmart don't take gold (Yet)

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
IMO, it is a good time to buy. Granted, 2000 was the best time to get in, but no one here has a Delorean with a Flux Capacitor, so let's talk about the present.

gold_60_day_o_usd.png

If we look at the last 60 days, one can easily see the peak we just experienced, and then the correcting of that peak. It seems to be back on the rise.

So you either buy now at 1133, or later at 1150. Also look at Silver.

The gold price has formed an uptrend over the past three days. Now that support at $1,130 has become very important, and gold is aiming at resistance $1,155 - $1,160. Needed are good solid days of advancing, $ 5 - 10 a day, bulling through all resistance. A second failure at $1,160 would be bad news.

The silver price pushed up another 10.5 cents today, and needs only another 30 cents to clear its last high. Do y'all remember last year? Silver and gold prices made lows in mid January, and 40 days later were at 1st Half 2009 highs. They can move very fast.

Results for last year now in, 31 Dec 2008 to 31 December 2009: S&P500 up 23.5%, Dow up 18.8%, Gold price up 20.8%, silver price up 35.6%, platinum price up 56.9%, palladium price up 118.4%, and US $ index down 5.2%.

Since gold's bull market began in 2001, the gold price has risen from $278.70 (31 Dec basis) to $1,095.20, up 293%. Silver has climbed from $4.579 to $16.822, up 267.4%. But cheating a bit and counting silver's big gains since 31 Dec 2009, it has risen 308%. Meanwhile, back on Wall Street, the Dow in Gold Dollars, which measures the performance of stocks by gold, has dropped 76% since stocks bear market began in 2000. At end 2000 you needed 39.657 troy ounces of gold to buy the whole Dow; today you need only 9.521.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Just read through this whole thread, interesting stuff. Gold is a bit pricey for me, but silver has caught my eye. I'll have to do some reading... :biggrin:

Snype

Veteran
Just read through this whole thread, interesting stuff. Gold is a bit pricey for me, but silver has caught my eye. I'll have to do some reading... :biggrin:

Gold and silver are pretty similar and I've been investing in gold from when it was around $300 an ounce back in the 90's. Over time gold will always rise but of course you will get your dips too which are great times to buy. You will all see within the next 2 years gold will be at 1500+. If gold is too expensive for you then buy silver and never take it to a pawn shop. At most you should pay a 5% commission. And as long as you can cover your margins, Etrade gives you 10 times buying power on gold. So for every 10,000 you invest they let you borrow another 100k but when it dips down you got to cover that margin.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
BUMP!

Gold and silver are both kicking ass lately.

Gold at $1240/oz and silver approaching $20/oz, all in the last two weeks. Anybody notice that both metals went vertical when the Dow crashed last week? That puts to rest the theories that metals will plummet if equities do. People ran to metals when the Dow crashed.