What's new

KEEP BUYING GOLD!

KEEP BUYING GOLD!

• Go for the Gold (& Silver too)

Votes: 65 80.2%
  • Give me Greenbacks - Walmart don't take gold (Yet)

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters
C

CTSV

I promise. It is going to go through the roof. I know it already has, and I have been on board for awhile, but the government is going to keep on printing that money, and it's going to keep on dropping in value.

That means Gold is going to keep on going up... 1500 an oz? I sure hope so!:woohoo:

Looking forward to your reply mpd...

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
How much can you actually sell it for locally? Pawn shops are the only place to sell it here, not good. The reality of the gold market price, and what you can get for it when you sell are two different numbers.
H

C

CTSV

I would never go to a pawn shop to sell gold...

I would never go to a pawn shop to sell anything for that matter.

I am speaking more on GLD, but it is also a good idea to have some physical gold, IMO...

This is just my opinion, if you don't agree don't buy it...and don't make any MONEY!

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Been In Numismatic (coins,stamps,gold,silver) since 1980's and this is how it works...If you want to buy a gold bar...try to find a dealer not a pawn shop,that charges just a little more than the spot of gold for that day..usually around $20-$40 more so than can make a profit.

(Call a pawn shop and tell them you have a gold bar one ounce .9999 gold and want to sell it and how much they would offer for it and tell them the spot of gold is $950)

So hopefully you see a coin show in town or a stamp coin dealer,they usually pay a little less if you're selling it back from the spot of gold,usually $20-$40 less.

If you can find a gold bar in a bank that buys and sells gold and the nearer the spot of gold they sell the better you make out.Hopefull they'll be around after 10years to sell it back.

I remember holding silver at $3.50 an ounce now its around $13.00 an ounce.

If you went to a coin show and sold it back,they may offer you $2.00-$3.00 less than the spot of silver.

Mind you...Gold is really High and may go higher only IF the Dollar keeps Dropping...I'm Going to wait out a few years and get back in when gold hits around $300-$400 an ounce and wait another 10 years.

May be a long time since the interest rate in the U.S.A is around 1% and last time I looked,it was at 15%.

Stocks for Gold is GLD and Silver is SA ... You can trade those stocks if you want and not have the physical Gold or silver.

The only different between the stocks and physical gold is taxes,But then EVERYTHING is taxed these days(but weed) so that doesn't bother me...

C

CTSV

My basic point is the deficit is going to increase like a mother. (just under 10 trillion in 10 years)

That means dolla dolla bills ya'll, will be printed like wildfire.

Which will drive gold to around 1400 an oz. That's my prediction, anyone care to wager?

icough2getoff

I'd bet it will go a lot higher than that if the dollar crashes. I'm pretty sure it's not a matter of if it's gonna crash but when. I hope I'm wrong because I don't own any gold yet.

C

CTSV

The economy is set to rebound around 2010, but the problem is our deficit levels will be so great at that time, the dollar will be akin to the ruble.

NOKUY

Veteran
it'll be a gamble if you hold out 'til it gets mega high like that (1500/oz).....

reason why is Russia has vast gold reserves that will drop the value once those reserves hit the market....especially if they dump in fast.

C

CTSV

What I have done is sold off my investment plus a nice profit, and kept a good chunk where it's at, in case my gamble pays off, and all my physical.

I've heard tattoos are addictive. Buying physical gold has become an addiction.

CTSV, i think you could be handing out good advice but you should try and be a little more specific. Most folks don't ever see a profit because they have no plan, like when do I sell my precious gold or silver. If I buy at 1000 an Oz when do I sell it. yeah great it goes to 2k an oz but I hold my gold only to see it plummet to 500 an oz. This trick has been done numerous times and it will be done again and again. Maybe just expand on your plan.

litebuzz

how can we really be sure that gold will be worth anything in the future...anymore than paper for that matter. think about it...in the future what will be so special about gold??? can't eat or drink it, its not a computer, you can't fuk it....and its heavy....so where's the big use? i mean if the world is in major crisis and you are fighting just to stay alive....what the fuk good will gold do ya?????

K

KMK0420

gold has been on a constant increase for decades (price).

its better than a damn 401k at the moment!

NOKUY

Veteran
how can we really be sure that gold will be worth anything in the future...anymore than paper for that matter. think about it...in the future what will be so special about gold??? can't eat or drink it, its not a computer, you can't fuk it....and its heavy....so where's the big use? i mean if the world is in major crisis and you are fighting just to stay alive....what the fuk good will gold do ya?????

you have much to learn grasshopper :joint:

C

CTSV

I am not going to manage a hedge fund on ICMAG.

I can not tell people when to sell, cause I don't know. You just have to kind of feel it/ look at trends/ not get greedy / stock market/ US dollar production / etc.

If you play poker, then you know how it is. You don't really play the same way with someone else's money, than you do with your own...

Litebuzz, gold as a product can make you a ton of money. You just need to know when the ride up is over, you need a plan and you need to execute your plan. And you don't put everything into gold. When you think the ride is over and you will know, because they will crash it over night. Remember when oil was up to 150 per barrel, and only months later it was down to 30, the real money was in shorting oil down to 30 from 150. Thats not an accident, and most don't have the stomach for really volatile markets. Most have been taught to buy and hold, which makes taking your money much easierInvesting is easy but making actual money is hard.

Watch a movie on youtube called money masters, it is one of the best and you will learn how fucked we are and always have been.

GrassRoots

how can we really be sure that gold will be worth anything in the future... can't eat or drink it, its not a computer, you can't fuk it....and its heavy....so where's the big use? i mean if the world is in major crisis and you are fighting just to stay alive....what the fuk good will gold do ya?????

Yeah, I here computers are a top investment right now....Computers, whores, and RedBull. I don't know about you guys but I bought 12 more laptops last week, keeping 'em boxed up in case the world goes to shit. I'll probably triple my money EASILY. I also have a garage full of Red Bull and Creamed Corn. Laugh now, but you Gold guys will be begging for my merchandise when the world goes to shit and were all fighting for creamed corn and I won't except no gold, nuh uh, you're going to have to barter with something better than that. You know, something I can fuk, eat, or drink.

C

CTSV

^How about some Casey Jones, Power House, C99bx, Blue Sonja, or G13 Diesel?^

Can I get some corn for that?