What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KC33 OUTDOORS BY BIOSYNTHESIS

BigNoise

AHHHH!

Dude, your garden is awesome! I haven't been on IC much this year, so I'm just seeing this thread.

I grew 33 and Mango last year, and was thoroughly impressed. Super vigorous and hardy.

I saw you mention a late September finish. That's what I thought I was in for when I started mine last spring, but mine didn't START flowering until September 21, give or take a day. I chopped them around November 7, if I recall correctly. Different pheno's? No way latitude (46* here) explains that much difference. A week or two perhaps, but not 4 or 5.

I chopped them because weather was getting shitty and branches were starting to break. They definitely could have gone longer. Regardless, even after a month of rain, they had almost no mold or rot, and the smoke was pretty much the way you described it...smooth and clear, great daytime do-stuff smoke.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Late finisher

Late finisher

AHHHH!

Dude, your garden is awesome! I haven't been on IC much this year, so I'm just seeing this thread.

I grew 33 and Mango last year, and was thoroughly impressed. Super vigorous and hardy.

I saw you mention a late September finish. That's what I thought I was in for when I started mine last spring, but mine didn't START flowering until September 21, give or take a day. I chopped them around November 7, if I recall correctly. Different pheno's? No way latitude (46* here) explains that much difference. A week or two perhaps, but not 4 or 5.

I chopped them because weather was getting shitty and branches were starting to break. They definitely could have gone longer. Regardless, even after a month of rain, they had almost no mold or rot, and the smoke was pretty much the way you described it...smooth and clear, great daytime do-stuff smoke.

Think your right. Don't think they are going to finish anytime soon. Havent even started flowering yet. That pisses me off bad! The reason I am growing this particular strain is it is advertised as having a decent finish time. I had better net the hell out of these. They look like tropical sativas. Man that puts a turd in my cheerios for sure man. They are getting to be monsters though and I will update a photo soon. Thanks for the posting and confirming what I was afraid of. Gonna be a late harvest for sure man.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
AUGUST 9th

AUGUST 9th

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES TAKEN THIS MORNING. SOME ARE OVER THIRTEEN FEET, I REALY HAVE TO GET NETTING THESE OR THERE IS SURE TO BE A TON OF BROKEN BRANCHES. SUCH A BUMMER TO FIND THEY ARE NOT SEPT. FINISHERS. SATIVA DOMINANT HYBRIDS FOR SURE.
picture.php
picture.php

Gizmo

hello Biosynthesis, beautiful plants as usual, such huge plants !

its very strange they are not in flower yet and BigNoise experience is strange too, i have been in contact with KC brains at the beginning of the year to ask him which one of his strain is better for guerilla growing at 47N with a weather cloudy and rainy sometimes, i was interested by Leda Uno, Spontanica, KC33 or TNR, he advised me the KC33. so i dont know whats happening in your garden but it obvisously comes from the genetic and not your growers skillz. i bought the Leda Uno fems but i have not tested them.
i hope your KC33 will flower soon. you should email KC brains at kc@kcbrains.com to ask him whats the problem.i will be very happy to understand whats happening as im interested in KC33.

BigNoise

You should be fine come harvest. You appear to be in a drier part of the state, so rot and mold shouldn't be an issue.

Those things are going to finish huuuge, hahaha. Mine were over 11 feet tall, and I didn't pop seeds til May 8-10. I bet you'll hit 15 feet.

I'm going to plant some seeds this winter and let them germinate naturally in the spring. If they pop in early April like my volunteer this year did, I'll probably get some 13-14 footers.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
hello Biosynthesis, beautiful plants as usual, such huge plants !

its very strange they are not in flower yet and BigNoise experience is strange too, i have been in contact with KC brains at the beginning of the year to ask him which one of his strain is better for guerilla growing at 47N with a weather cloudy and rainy sometimes, i was interested by Leda Uno, Spontanica, KC33 or TNR, he advised me the KC33. so i dont know whats happening in your garden but it obvisously comes from the genetic and not your growers skillz. i bought the Leda Uno fems but i have not tested them.
i hope your KC33 will flower soon. you should email KC brains at kc@kcbrains.com to ask him whats the problem.i will be very happy to understand whats happening as im interested in KC33.

Yes. things may turn out okay. Although the reason I banked on this strain is it is advertised to finish end sept. Obviously this is not going to happen. Strain selection is everything in this game.

soopy

Veteran
Sweet Jesus man, stunning plants! They may finish sooner than they look like they will, I had a Leda uno that took a minute to get going but set her flowers very quickly once she finished her stretch...fwiw. Beautiful monsters man...

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Flowering

Flowering

Sweet Jesus man, stunning plants! They may finish sooner than they look like they will, I had a Leda uno that took a minute to get going but set her flowers very quickly once she finished her stretch...fwiw. Beautiful monsters man...

Hey soop. Ya I feel ya and think your correct. Nature threw the lights a few weeks back on them and they are finishing up stretch and we will see flower set in a week or two. Spent all summer with these girls and this is what my experience shows me. They slowed down growth towards the end of last month just before they got their stretch on. At the latitude I'm at, you start seeing flower set around 20th of august with most strains. Also I think some of these phenotypes here in this grow will take much longer than some to flower. This is truly jungle weed though and don't think we will see many, if any, finish by the end of sept.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Goodness you ve outdone yourself this time bio ,
they are giants ... whats your thoughts on late harvest ,
will the weather hang in there for you ??

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
those plants look so sexy from the top, its getting me excited , they look more sativa than most of those huge od cali plants bushes, these things looks crazy , i want me some kc33 seeds damnit , make some super od crosses , fuck those are beatiful, im effinately tagged , IN BEFORE THE STRETCH !!!!!!!!!!!

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Hey soop. Ya I feel ya and think your correct. Nature threw the lights a few weeks back on them and they are finishing up stretch and we will see flower set in a week or two. Spent all summer with these girls and this is what my experience shows me. They slowed down growth towards the end of last month just before they got their stretch on. At the latitude I'm at, you start seeing flower set around 20th of august with most strains. Also I think some of these phenotypes here in this grow will take much longer than some to flower. This is truly jungle weed though and don't think we will see many, if any, finish by the end of sept.

I'm not as far north as you and I grew KC33 a couple years back. Had to chop at the end of September, but could have easily gone another two weeks, maybe even three or four. It'll probably be late October for you.

Latest posts

Latest posts