What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kayak Fishing anyone?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
well there isn't any sea trout here so I just don't know LOL... maybe a new handle ..JUST FOR THE HALIBUT....yeehaw...I need a new cheap camera for pic taking or only pics will be ones I take at home and use my nice Nikon to take pics with...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
fishing only been ok for me ..no outstanding catches thus far...I keep trying new areas and methods and eventually it will pay off...san diego claims best fishing in usa but in reality florida kicks ass over cali....having lived there too.. florida 2 oceans and lots of islands and flats.....yeehaw

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ordered a frabil flow troll to keep live bait living...gonna build a bait tube too for bigger baits when I go to home depot... also making a ghost shrimp pump at same time.....fishing been slow and even when good mainly small fish and rays...ordered some knockoff lucky craft minnows from china ...lucky craft twich baits has gained a lot of popularity here...theres also a following of some guys home made lures costing 250$ a pop...I wont be buying any...yeehaw

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
several times a week all year long here ,,in so cal again....yeehaw...been a crazy season with records being broken ,offshore fish close in and non native species visiting...

Betterhaff

Veteran
Here’s a funny kayak fishing story. A friend of mine built a 2 man kayak (marine plywood). He found the plans in some magazine and the thing was pretty incredible, it only drew a few inches.

We went on a fishing trip in the early spring with the rest of his family, 3 were fishing from a row boat and he and I were in the kayak. We got to a weed bed/drop off and prepared our rigs and out of ignorance both casted off the same side at the same time. We flipped so fast and had to scurry about the water collecting gear…and the water was so f*cking cold.

We managed to drag everything to shore and dried things off but were so cold the fishing trip was over for us (we did throw in a couple of shore lines though).

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I don't tip over fishing only pushing my luck playing...but my ass is low so center of gravity favors me ...last out was huge waves 10 ft or so...tomorrow I will let the tide carry me out to open water. expected 5 mph winds and then I can go back in on the hightide...yeehaw ..nothing better and more humbling than being in a piece of plastic in the open ocean...I can handle the waves but it sure does make it darn hard to fish if their 10 ft ...lol

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
aaff8693_zpsoeyddq1e.gif

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I caught that info ^^^^^...gonna be doing wreck alley soon...got new ugly stick med heavy boat rod 7 ft heard the sharks are stacking up and the bat rays are huge...yeehaw... cobia are good fighters I did my time with them in florida...been a strange year last year I am excited for this year....I need me a go pro or similar.....

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
alligator can also be eaten....yeehaw..I used to catch small ones all the time...hooked a few big ones too...the Seminole Indians cook up a mean gator tail...

corky1968

Veteran
Kayaks are something that always interested me.

Especially the first ones I saw on TV in the white water rapids.

Until I get one, I'll have to settle for a canoe.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
canoe is a bad word to me ..I used to lug around a Grumman aluminum like 14 footer...kayaks kick canoe ass...yeehaw...I have done most white water in the usa..class 5 and I feel alive baby...after whitewater fresh the salt seems boring ...some folks wont go out during storms and 12 ft swells I am out the smoking a joint and yeehawwwing my ass off.......yes I am..the weird part is the only other people I seem to see doing the same are FEMALES...yup you guys are loosing it the babes got more guts that you...during the storms theres just a few females hanging with me...big ups to the tough ass ladies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Squall

I've been looking for a kayak for a few months and finally landed this like new Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140. Came with a rudder and paddle, so after buying a few more add-ons, I should be good to go. Can't wait to get this bad boy out fishing!

picture.php