What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma's OG

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
I NEED some OG back in my life .. looks like Karma OG is a great place to start . looking good boys!

Duck_Doi

Looks killer DoubleTripleOG :biggrin:

Here's BayBHuey's go at Karma's OG on day 34. Little PM issue at the moment, should be taking care of now :tongue:
UxzmUMf.jpg

xf1JExy.jpg

Slab

These are from a second run with two Karma OG girls. Hand watered in coco.
When i first grew the KOG from seed i really struggled with them and found them to be very sensitive and very fussy, so much so i almost binned the first lot of cuttings that i took.

This second round i managed to get them to perform a lot better in the coco though they still required individual attention and let me know the moment they didn't like something. The smell during flower was of Chemdog and Lemon, it smells really strong and during the cure the smells seem to marry together creating a fantastic scent. Its one of those scents where you just sit there sniffing from the open jar of buds.

These two females flowered for 65 days. From week 7 i gave then plain Ph'd water for a week and then just straight water right up until the end. The buds are rock hard but also more leafy than i was expecting to see. The buds are also very sticky and oily. The yield was a lot better than i was expecting and i would describe them as solid medium yielders.

The effect is quite potent and very relaxing around the neck and shoulders. It is very calming and centered and eventually leads to a good nights sleep.

I rooted one of the first round of cuttings into organic compost with the aim of keeping a mother so that i could have a couple more attempts with it in coco.
I found once in the organic compost it grows perfectly happy and healthy with no issues whatsoever.

The cuttings that i took from that mother plant i rooted into coco for a third run which i have just placed into flower. Even this third time in coco they are still playing up a bit and being sensitive and so this will most likely be the last time i run them. I usually run everything twice to see if i want to keep it and if a plant or strain doesn't like how i do things it does not get to stay around.
I do intend to search through the other half of the seed pack to see what comes out. I will post up what i find when i get round to them again.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66688&pictureid=1584491

Slab

Thanks DoubleTripleOG,

Yes it does look quite similar, that particular plant was the strongest smelling of the two. Both plants looked a nice dark healthy green like yours but after 10 days or so into the flush they really started to yellow up and fade, especially when i changed from plain ph'd water to just straight tap water half way through the flush.
I like the finished product a lot but its a bit too fussy to look after for me, even the cuttings i am finding only have a 50% sucess rate and even then some of those react badly to some of the potting up stages. Without doubt one of the most finicky strains i have come across.

All the best man, keep well.

I

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Thanks DoubleTripleOG,

Yes it does look quite similar, that particular plant was the strongest smelling of the two. Both plants looked a nice dark healthy green like yours but after 10 days or so into the flush they really started to yellow up and fade, especially when i changed from plain ph'd water to just straight tap water half way through the flush.
I like the finished product a lot but its a bit too fussy to look after for me, even the cuttings i am finding only have a 50% sucess rate and even then some of those react badly to some of the potting up stages. Without doubt one of the most finicky strains i have come across.

All the best man, keep well.

I

They like to be on the drier side(Karma's advice) , and don't need lot's of food. I have a Karmdown plant in a 5 gal bag that's pushing 6' tall . She get's a 16 oz. cup of water every other day, and loves it. Where as other strains I have, need that water every day, or else they start to droop.

Slab

Hi DTOG,

Yeah, they deffo like it on the dry side. I have been treating them in the coco like i would plants in soil/compost and keeping them on a wet/dry cycle when it comes to watering. Feed i am mixing to half strength and they get 1ml/L calmag every second watering. They are very happy with that but they do let me know if i do not allow the coco to dry out enough or if i give them what the other strains are getting when i mix up a nutrient solution.

Here is a pic of the mother i am growing in organic compost, she is very happy and never given me any problems. She likes calmag at 2ml/L once a week.

picture.php

TDK

Veteran
Hi DTOG,

Yeah, they deffo like it on the dry side. I have been treating them in the coco like i would plants in soil/compost and keeping them on a wet/dry cycle when it comes to watering. Feed i am mixing to half strength and they get 1ml/L calmag every second watering. They are very happy with that but they do let me know if i do not allow the coco to dry out enough or if i give them what the other strains are getting when i mix up a nutrient solution.

Here is a pic of the mother i am growing in organic compost, she is very happy and never given me any problems. She likes calmag at 2ml/L once a week.

View Image

looking good your KOG mom, i would take the head´s off... and would get her smaller...

regards
:tiphat:

TDK

Veteran
KOG

picture.php

i need to take another KOG in few day´s down...
harvest time, is a good time

regards

:tiphat:

Slab

Thanks TDK,
She got a trim the other day and those top shoots are now sat rooting in a propagator.

Your KOG looks great, i hope i find something like that in the rest of my seed pack.

Have a great harvest..

UncleBens

Was going to get a pack of these but they seem to be sold out everywhere ive looked :frown:
Hope they going to be restocked :)