jayr1787

Gorilla cookies bud. Some plants and a dog
20240429_112943_resized.jpg
20240429_110407.jpg
20240429_110344.jpg
20240429_110335.jpg
20240429_101208.jpg
20240429_004125.jpg
so far I have not watered these plants at all other than initially on transplant. The bed is well saturated already

Timj

I gotta have raised beds here it gets so cold at night sometimes so it definitely helps. Especially my tomatoes. Never had luck putting them directly in the ground. Squash and beans do well however in the ground here.
Have you ever grown weed in that area? Seems if tomatoes have an issue, weed might too.

jayr1787

Have you ever grown weed in that area? Seems if tomatoes have an issue, weed might too.
I have a theory near my septic tank the grass always grows faster there in early spring than the rest of my yard. I believe the heat from the tank warms the ground faster there. I know exactly where the access hole is so I'm planting those boxes on top of my septic tank to see if I can squeeze a few extra weeks out of the season

blondie

Somehow missed your updates. I haven’t had cause to use polyurethane in many years. Looks great!
Got my mower parts. The new belt lasted half the yard and snapped. Second New belt lasted the entire mow.

I’m dealing with spider mites in my grow now. Grrrrrrr.
Good luck outdoors. You need chicken wire or something to keep critters and banditos away?

jayr1787

Somehow missed your updates. I haven’t had cause to use polyurethane in many years. Looks great!
Got my mower parts. The new belt lasted half the yard and snapped. Second New belt lasted the entire mow.

Good luck outdoors. You need chicken wire or something to keep critters and banditos away?
Yes the gophers love my veggies. I've tried live trapping them and relocating them but they always find their way back. Chipmunks too. They steal my Strawberries. Uhhhg I'm sorry about the spider mites. Maybe a pulley has a bad bearing? Just a thought.

Timj

Blondie, I had an issue with belts wearing out quickly. My deck wasn't level. Once I leveled it on a flat surface my belt lasted almost 2 seasons.