What's new

JWH-018

The J Man

i went on a canoe trip over the weekend and smoked a tiny bit of jwh-018 a few times along the way. it really added to the experience in a different way than weed IMO. it was a lot like the first time i got really, really high and started seeing new depth in inanimate objects- almost like a psychedelic. it's hard to explain the differences since you could similarly explain them through strain selection.

As long as you respect it for being the research chemical it is, I think it's great. And since doses are so cheap, I'm hoping they don't ban it anytime soon. Mine worked out to about 12 cents a dose - 3mg's @ $.12 x 333.33 = 1g @ $40.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
In case anyone didn't know, Dr. John W. Huffman, the creator, has publicly stated that these synthetics were neve tested or intended to be tested on humans, it was tested on rats.

The higest dose tested on the rats for JWH-018 was 10mg per kg of body weight. Some of the rats died from respiratory depression.

The goal of his project was to try and find how cannabinoids work, specifically their medical benefits. What he created had none of the medical benefits of cannabis, it just was able to get the rats really high, and the project was essentially abandoned.

But, you know, it's perfectly legal for us to get really intoxicated as long as it's not something safe and beneficial and has detrimental effects.

If a trippy, psychedlic, anxiogenic high is what you desire, there are plenty long flowering sativas that will give you what you want.

ocean_grown

Just please, if you're gonna use JWH, buy JWH! Don't fuckin give these repackaging companies your money, they are just a middleman making a fat come up on your dumbass who isn't smart enough to google CAS numbers.. Research chemicals are easy as fuck to find.

tomsawyer

This is a really really dumb question but could this stuff be used on mother plants as plant food(bonsai?). I have about 900 mgs of JWH-018 that I dont want. I dont really wanna get into my experience with this stuff but lets just say I dont like it, I overdosed cuz Im dumb. But Ive seen it called a bonsai food. Anyone know if I could use this shit as a fertilizer for my moms? lol.

Not sure if we are allowed to mention company names or anything, but a certain company that sells it also markets it as "Bonzia 18". Fortunately they are better at making chemicals than spelling.

It isnt any kind of plant food at all, putting it on your plant is just going to waste it, and possibly hurt your plant. You may as well dump it down the toilet if you dont want it anymore.

tomsawyer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JWH-018

So headshops are offering a "herbal smoking blend" that is really just crap laced with a sythetic cannabinoid. What the fuck? How is this legal. My understanding of the federal analog act is that anything structurally similar to an illegal substance is itself illegal. So what gives? I wonder if we will see beasters and brickweed with this stuff laced in. Wikipedia likened it to a clear headed sativa type high.

It is not structurally similar at all. It simply works on the same receptors in the brain as THC. There are plenty of other chemicals produced in your own body that work with those receptors as well.

The analog lays are designed so that you cant just take a common drug, and chemically add a molecule to change to another chemical with the exact same function as the first drug.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I've been reading as much as I can on the jwh's and what I've found has really convinced me not to mess around with this stuff. Very little is known, however the creator stresses the importance of the fact that these have not been tested on humans, and fatal results have been observed in rats and mice.

There is a big concern over these substances being highly carcinogenic. I am not sure if we are allows to post links, but there is a massive thread with tons of valuable information and reports on another site. Just google "mega jwh-018" and you will find it.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
OK I got my scale and my JWH-018 the same day, woot!

Discovered that yes even a mg scale has trouble telling 0.0000 from 0.0001, but we got a .0005 weight and tried to cut it into 5 parts. It is a MINISCULE amount of drug, just the very tiny corner of a razorblades worth. Put it onto tinfoil, and vaporize it with a lighter underneath. Truly a one-hit wonder.

About 5 minutes later it kicks in, and MAN was I baked. Like I'd just smoked a fat bowl of dank all by myself. No cottonmouth or taste, just a bit of that hash film on your tongue that you get from smoking really pure oils or hash.

For the next 5 hours or so I was still really stoned, but able to function (longtime smoker here, I can do most things high.) Even when I went to bed 6 hours later I still had a bit of en eye-high. I think anyone would be hard-pressed to know they didn't smoke actual weed, the effects are incredibly similar. But the duration was long, the hit tiny, and it's legal! Fascinating stuff. A friend of mine however took a big hit and 30 minutes later was throwing up, too strong. Back to the dosage/weighing issue. A good scale that can measure micrograms is about $1K, out of my price range for a fleeting fancy.

I have enough to last me years though, and will be doing some experiments here shortly mixing it with oils and weed to work out dosages and application rates.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Just my .02.

As some of you may know I can't grow anymore due to my living situation. Because of this I occasionally have dry spells. They don't bother me but this last one has gone on for over 3 weeks for whatever reason.

They had an expose on my local news channel about the stuff and I decided to try it. I'm glad I did. I wouldn't smoke this stuff all the time because it is not natural and is not thc. So lord only knows what it will do to you in the long run.

But for me specifically, as in wanting to get high once or twice a week while waiting for my guy to get stuff it is a godsend. I was surprised how similar it is to real pot and how much it reminded me of a pure equatorial sativa. For something legal I buy at the local head shop to get me through a dry spell, or something I can roll a few doobies of for a summer road trip in safety I think it's great.

I just wouldn't smoke half an ounce a week or something for months on end. In small amounts I'd be surprised if it does any real damage and in my situation I couldn't be happier it exists. In fact I think I'll toke a bowl right now while I continue to wait for a call from my dealer.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I was surprised how similar it is to real pot and how much it reminded me of a pure equatorial sativa.

Hearing that from you definately peaks my interest. I admit, some of the reports of "over doing it" sound very similar to my first experiences getting very high off of pure sativas when I was 13. I haven't been that high since.

I can definately respect and understand your choice to experiment with this stuff. How was the flavor?

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
You know when I thought about it for a while it didn't surprise me at all how sativa it was. Considering it's cbn, cbd and other chemicals that affect the stone and nobody is really going to take the time and money to synthesize those so the high takes on the aspects of something with extremely high thc rates in comparison to the other chemicals that are also present in real cannabis. And it usually is pure sativas that have high thc and low cbn/cbd etc.

The taste and smell remind me of Captain Black mixed with clove cigarettes. The taste isn't bad and it smokes pretty smooth. Bong water smells worse afterwards though.

The specific stuff I smoked (I imagine they all have different crap ingredients, its just the jwh-18 that gets you high) contained blue and pink lotus, marshmallow, stevia leaf, and one or two other things. It's called "mojo".

The funny and perhaps dangerous thing is that the news said it's more expensive than the average bag of weed in our city. (they meant crappy regs). And in truth the potency and quality of stone is actually better than much if not most regs. Which is perhaps where the problem comes in. I smoke it occasionally when out of pot. I didn't start smoking this instead of pot. If there are guys that used to smoke regs every week but now smoke "mojo" then with repeated long term usage there might be detrimental effects in comparison to long term pot usage. I don't know.

I have smoked enough of it to get the so called hallucinogenic effects, but I've had that from pure sativas too so I didn't think much of it.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
JWH-018 is the shit!

JWH-018 is the shit!

This has been in the news for awhile but in case you aren't aware of it, JWH-018 is a synthetic cannabinoid that is legal (in most states in the US), cheap and potent. It sells for about $50/g and you need to smoke only 1-5mg of the white powder to get a nice sativa high.

Note on dosing: It's hard to overdose on JWH-018, much like THC, but 1-5mg is a SMALL amount of this VERY POTENT drug. Start off with powder as small as a few grains of sand, and work up slowly.

Been slacking on getting this for a year but fearing it might get banned in my state, I ordered it online.

I used the tip of my X-acto knife to drop a few white specs of the stuff into my vapor brothers and vaporized all of it in 2 lungfuls. Only held each hit for 2 sec and there was no smell/taste. I only know I inhaled because I saw the vape condense in the vaporizer, and saw it upon exhale.

A few minutes later I felt like I had just smoked half a joint of a haze. I vaped a little less than the prior amount 10 minutes afterward, and it hit me on the first exhale. It felt like my frontal lobe activated and I felt very "at home" in this headspace.

It is a pure head high, psychedelic, almost shroom-like at the peak. I became very curious, elegant and eloquent, though this is subjective.

This is probably what pharmaceutical THC feels like, and I can definitely see why the recent study giving subjects pure THC (in the UK I believe?) caused some of them to become insanely paranoid. The herb contains d many other cannabinoids and in different concentrations (such as CBD, CBN etc,) some of which compliment (or counter) the effects of THC. For example, CBD might calm you down while THC acts as an upper/psychedelic. This sometimes results in a "ceiling" on a high - meaning you can't get higher after you smoke a certain amount.

JWH-018 has no ceiling. If you smoke too much, the high becomes unpleasant and may cause you to FREAK THE FUCK OUT. Terror! High THC/low CBD/CBN strains given to a non-seasoned and predisposed person has a high chance of causing intense paranoia.

What's interesting is that we can probably mix the other drugs in the JWH-* in different concentrations to form synthetic versions of our favorite strains.

Everyone should have JWH-018 in their home. It lets you get high anytime, anywhere, with no suspicion. You can take it orally (not advised, too strong), vaporized, or smoked. You can dissolve some in glycerin or propylene glycol (or alcohol) and put it into an e-cig, and smoke it in a cop's face in public, or indoors. No smell.

m4c

What about health effects? I'm guessing it's a big mystery since it's a reaserch chemical?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
It's certainly non-conclusive but it's looking good so far. See this:
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=520822#post520822

and there are now many anecdotal reports of people who've smoked it very heavily with very minor side effects. Lung irritation, headaches, vertigo, but mostly paranoia (feeling like you're going to die) which happens with strong weed. The chemical may be irritating if you have asthma, at least from 1-2 reports I've read.

I notice it's very popular in the military, as they do not readily test for it.

house

This stuff is a godsend for us professionals that get random UA's at the job. The high is very sativa like and potent. I use a speck half the size of a BB and I'm high all night.

I realize that this stuff is experimental but initial tests show no evidence of apparent toxicity.
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=520822#post520822
Passing these assays usually give the go ahead for human testing in research. Keep in mind smoking anything (by the act of combustion) produces chemicals that would test far more toxic and get inhaled deeply whenever someone smokes.

Honestly I would love to smoke the real think any day of the week over this stuff but if it weren't for the risk involved. This stuff is effective, likely safe (possibly safer), economical and most of all LEGAL.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I mean, I really don't understand why people don't realize having your cannabinoid receptors activated does not make you a harm to society.

for example, legally, aside from I think two states, anyone (no age limit on the product) can get as high as they want, as if they were smoking the best sativa, and go on with their lives.

Other than the people who smoke too much and have a negative experience, I have seen no reports of the world falling apart, because people are high. I don't see it interfering with the careers of the people who use it. I don't see people robbing head shops at gun point to get more. There are no reports of people quitting their jobs because now they can legally get high.

It makes no sense to me why the real natural plant remains illegal, when one can legally buy a chemical that mimics the high and then some, and interact with society with no problem.

Why can't I simply go to my headshop and buy some weed in a safe environment? Where I can see the product and my options before I make my purchase. Where the government can tax it, and make money off of me. It makes no sense to me why they would allow this chemical with unknown side effects to exist, other than to use the population that tries it as a study.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I have an open question to those who have experimented with the JWH's, or the herbal blends, ALONG with cannabis.

I became interested after hearing Motaco describe the high as that of a Pure Equatorial Sativa, which, those who know me from BB, and my previous account here, know I love.

Lately, all I've been getting has been Indica dominant strains, and the commercial Sativa that has been available is not up to my standards. Again, after reading Motacos report, and hearing many describe the high as being similar to their first time, it peaked my interest. I am most likely going to try to procure some of the herbal blend today, and if I enjoy it, I will order the pure JWH.

On to my question, I first need to share some background. My main smoking device is a glass piece with a very large bowl, that holds close to a gram. When I smoke, I can feel myself getting high nowhere near half way through, but I continue smoking until its done, because I enjoy the feeling of being really high.

After reading countless reports on this synthetic stuff, I realize it's not enjoyable to take it to the limit, and that it's very easy to smoke too much and have a negative experience. I've had negative experiences from smoking too much Nevilles Haze in the past, such as increased heart rate, and anxiety. Just the right amount provided a great high, but it was easy to over do it. For instance, I was good after smoking a small chillum, so I smoked another, however had an unpleasant reaction, where with most other strains, no matter how much I smoke, it's enjoyable.

I want to state that when I smoke JWH, I will already be high on natural cannabinoids from Bubba Kush. I am very tolerant to this strain, so it really just physically effects me, rather than getting me "high", it just mellows me out.

My hypothesis is that I'll smoke a bowl of Bubba Kush, be mellow and stoned, smoke JWH, and all of a sudden feel extremely euphoric because I am higher than I've been since I was 13, when I smoked way too much outdoor sativa for my first time and truly had what can only be described as a mild psychedelic experience, that sounds identical to JWH experiences. I am hoping the mixture of natural cannabinoids, plus the effect of JWH, will enlighten my day, and be a reward to me. I don't want to finish smoking JWH and end up regretting it, due to smoking too much.

So, to my actual question. How should I smoke a herbal mixture, being I have a high tolerance to natural cannabinoids. I mean, should I just pack enough for a good sized hit, and wait 5 minutes then repeat? Or should I just pack a bowl and start smoking until I feel it hit me?

I plan on having one of my friends try it first, lol.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I would sprinky about 3 grains of sand worth of the pure JWH018 on your bowl, and smoke a few hits and wait 5-10 minutes. Repeat as necessary, but man, don't get greedy. a low toxic dose is 100mg, which is a tenth of a gram and not a very big pile of this stuff. Small amounts, preferably measured with a very very sensitive scale, and then try 1-2mg at a time. The combo of weed and JWH is a good one, and the JWH lasts longer for me than most natural weed.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
considering it's not that expensive. (basically the same price as weed around these parts) I'd just smoke a bowl like you regularly would.

One BIG tip. Use an easy to clean piece. The resins are not pot resins and are harder to get off. I have a little bit of grunge on my six are tree perc that doesn't want to come off (I can't reach it to scrub it). It will come off eventually but I'm not smoking any more mojo out of my fancy bong. I have a straight tube I can scrub every inch off easily and that is the tool for the job.

At any rate the potency I find was done to compete with regular com bud. Bowl for bowl I feel it is about the same and probably calculated to be very similar in strength to what people are used to smoking. In all seriousness I'd prefer mojo to red hair beaster in both potency and quality of stone.

The effect is creeper weed, just like a pure sativa. So wait a little bit for it to build up. It's not an instant effect like an indica. But you shouldn't have any dosing problems. And honestly if you are used to sativa it shouldn't be a problem. Lots of people don't like sativas and find they produce anxiety and so forth. They keep smoking trying to attain that indica "thump" and end up smoking themselves into a panic attack.

That is also true for pure sativas. Lots of folks claim they have smoked sativas and you ask what was their favorite and they'll say "white widow" or "bubblegum" or something that might not even be half sativa.