What's new

JWH-018

treewizard

JWH-018

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JWH-018

So headshops are offering a "herbal smoking blend" that is really just crap laced with a sythetic cannabinoid. What the fuck? How is this legal. My understanding of the federal analog act is that anything structurally similar to an illegal substance is itself illegal. So what gives? I wonder if we will see beasters and brickweed with this stuff laced in. Wikipedia likened it to a clear headed sativa type high.

Last edited:

gingerale

Veteran
It is not THC but a different chemical that also triggers the cannabinoid receptors. It would seem, based on having been smoking on this stuff over the past few weeks, sprinkling some on a bowl of bud has an effect pretty much *exactly* like increasing the THC content. The high gets "clearer" and stronger and it intensifies the other cannabinoid effects just like THC does. The people reporting nausea, etc are probably smoking it straight--and the high is a bit odd when smoked that way, but I bet straight THC would be the exact same way. Isn't Marinol kinda an unpleasant (nauseating) high due to it being THC only?

gingerale

Veteran
hey guys just wanted to report on this, been smokin on my gram of JWH for a few weeks now and can confidently report on its effects. when smoked by itself its good, but not 100% pleasant. but sprinkle some on a bowl of kind, and its *just like* youd added pure THC. the high gets clearer and stronger. the tolerance is the same as THC as well; if you have high tolerance of THC then same goes for JWH. im tellin you, this stuff is exactly like THC in its effects. definitely worth a try and worth grabbing a few grams before its made illegal.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No thank you, nothing synthetic goes in my pipe! I have heard of some friends freaking out with terrible anxiety & panic from this stuff.

gingerale

Veteran
its no different from THC bro. THC in high concentration with low tolerance = anxiety and panic. for the experienced smoker the experience is far better.

BTW, the THC you are smoking in your pipe is synthetic. it was synthesized by a biological organism and not man, but it is nonetheless synthetic in origin as are all chemicals. synthesis = creation. this stuff triggers the EXACT SAME receptors in the brain as THC does, wheres the problem?

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
sorry it def. not like thc....simple because its just on canabinoid and not the natrual mix of a lot of different canabinoids and thc!!
it on chemical isoated canabinoid thats fact!!!

gingerale

Veteran
hey man not to be a smart ass but did you even read what i said in my post? what you just said does not contradict anything i said at all. what im saying is when you add this stuff to a bowl of good bud, the effect is exactly as if you had increased the bud's THC content, without altering it in any other way. in other words the effects of this chemical is not "similar" to THC, it's EXACTLY like THC.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
I used to get this stuff all the time.. back when it was mixed into spice spice/gold
This stuff is ok if you need a tolerance break but dont want to stop smoking..
Use this stuff as a substitute for a month or so and boom back to normal.
And im pretty sure you can pass a UA all day long with this stuff... for now anyway.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I knew it was only a matter of time before something like this came out... I mean Im sure there's a very small percentage of opiate addicts who are smoking opium.

I personally am once again reminded of how messed up this country is. The fact that we can purchase random synthetic compounds that provide much more intense highs than cannabis, yet no medical benefit, and unknown side effects sickens me.

People are trying this stuff everyday and aside from having bad experiences not unlike smoking too much weed, society is continuing as normal. People are going to school and work extremely high, and nothing has really changed.

This should show people that legalizing marijuana would not cause problems in society.

Personally I have no interest in trying any of the herbal blends. I have allergies and the idea of smoking random plant parts sprayed with random synths doesn't appeal to me.

If I was ever in a position where smoking cannabis isn't an option, I would consider trying the pure substance, preferably jwh-073, but I wouldn't really go out of my way.

From what I have read, 73 is more of a peaceful relaxing high, whereas 18 is like smoking a racy uncomfortable sativa.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://hightimes.com/news/dan/5014 here is another article.

I would put this stuff on some hash, and smoke it instead of some other nasty shit. However I nned to see more info and health tests on it first I think.

Do you think you would halucinate if you put a bunch of it on some good sativa?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I ordered a pretty good quantity of this stuff a few days ago, will let you guys know what it's like. According to the Erowid article I read it seems to be a pretty good pot analog. I mainly got it so I can get a couple buddies high that are job hunting, and to do some experiments making double-strength weed.

Incidentally, at 1mg per dose, I figure that one gram of this stuff is around the equivalent of 20 OUNCES of weed (at 1ml = 1gr of bud.)

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
It's more expensive than weed.

I'm out.

Since a gram of JWH-018 contains 1000 doses, and I consider a gram of weed a dose, how do you figure?

A pound of weed is 454 doses, at $3K a pound that works out to $6.60 per dose.

A gram of JWH-018 costs $30, and works out to $.03 per dose.

If you can buy pounds for $15 I'm coming to your house to stock up!

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Personally, the high isn't the only reason I enjoy cannabis. I'm sure we've all smoked some horrible looking and tasting weed filled with seeds that got us high, but it wasn't a good smoking experience.

It's been documeted thc on it's own isn't a pleasurable experience. on top of the actual cannabinoids, it is my understanding and experience that terpenoids greatly effect the high.

Don't get me wrong, I don't look down on anyone for their choice to use these substances, as I can understand their reasons.

I just personally have no reason or desire to resort to these synths, despite the fact that it is legal, gets you "high", and is much cheaper per dose.

Why? Just because it activates your cannabinoid receptors does not make it as safe. I am in no way promoting the use of opiates or declaring them safe in any way, but synthetic opioids are a lot stronger and fatal than opium on it's own. I see no reason why the same wouldn't apply to synthetic compounds that activate cannabinoid receptors.

it's known that cannabis and natural cannabinoids are no danger to our lives. well these compounds aren't natural, aren't tested, and from what I've read, there are many negative effects that to me would outweigh the positive.

I'm all for getting really high as much as the next guy, but I can achieve an intense natural high with a variety of methods such as hash oil, edibles, kief bowls, and smoking multiple grams throughout a session.

I know that if I ever get the chance to experiment 99% dry sift I will be blown away.

I know there's ways to get higher than normal and not risk your health with the unknown.

The only reason I can see someone using this after thoroughly researching the jwhs are those who for whatever reason are prohibited from smoking cannabis or can't find any cannabis and don't want to wait 3 months minimum to grow their own.

As I said before, for me, there is much more to cannabis than getting high. it's experiencing the unlimited varieties, flavors, scents, and highs.

I personally see these synthanoids as no safer and perhaps more dangerous than other hard drugs. and I'm not against hard drugs, I'm just saying, we know nothing about this shit other than it provides a high more intense than cannabis and active at very low doses and very easy to overdo it and have a very unpleasant experience. we also know that ceasing after regular use is similar to the mild mj WD symptoms but not so mild.

If I want to "increase" my bowl, I can add kief or hash oil, and literally add a huge increase of thc percentage. Not just thc, but all the cannabinoids, safe and natural.

Some seem to be under the impression that just because it activates the same receptors as thc, that it's the same.

If we use that logic and apply it to other absurd scenerios in the human body, we can see how ridiculous it is, I don't even need to give examples.

ninjashoes

Some seem to be under the impression that just because it activates the same receptors as thc, that it's the same.

Exactly, we don't know what pathways it takes when it travels through the body.

The chemical looks alot different from THC. Another thing we don't know yet is how it might interact with other chemicals like caffiene or alcohol for example.

THC has been under testing for thousands of years for all we know this JWH stuff could be REALLY bad for you.

That being said I still have a nagging curiosity to try it out..

Koroz

I will say this.

I used this stuff heavily for a while because I have no access to Cannabis. The high at very low dosages is like Cannabis, but at higher dosages it becomes a mix of alcohol (slurred speech, unable to control functions of the body) mixed with LSD (hallucinations, panic attacks) for me.

The tolerance level increase is EXTREME. I went from using a gram every week to a gram a day. This shit made me a fucking crack addict. I like Cannabis because it helps with symptoms I have, but also regulates my OCD. This shit was the exact opposite. I had fits of rage and depression got worse after extended high dosage usages.

After 2 months I was filling a half bowl to get high for 20 minutes. I started "taking" it every 15 minutes. I went from a dosage about the size of the tip from my needle nose, to filling up half the bowl.

It has been about 3 months since I have used it. I have had a constant runny nose since Ive stopped using it. When I say runny, I don't mean "cold" runny, I mean constant flow of phlegm coming out of my sinus. This "might" be a coincidence of course, but I never had this issue until after using JWH-018. The stuff I had was 98.9% pure. It wasn't the orange/yellow/rust oxidized crap some vendors are selling, it was white crystallize powder.

My opinion is don't use this shit expecting a lifestyle like Cannabis. I would wait until more real testing comes out on its pro's and con's just to make sure it is something you want to put in your body.

If you are an experimenter like I am, make sure to keep the dosages low and don't let it get to a point where I let it get. I wasn't ready for this shit and it fucked me up pretty bad because I didn't respect it. I respect it enough now to never put it in my body again. If you can not pull yourself out of bad trips then don't take this in high dosages at all. YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL. The powder form is very hard to regulate dosages. Remember a high dosage for this shit, if eyeballing, looks like half a small pinch of salt.

So, in short. Use @ your own risk.

T

texsativa

It is not THC but a different chemical that also triggers the cannabinoid receptors. It would seem, based on having been smoking on this stuff over the past few weeks, sprinkling some on a bowl of bud has an effect pretty much *exactly* like increasing the THC content. The high gets "clearer" and stronger and it intensifies the other cannabinoid effects just like THC does. The people reporting nausea, etc are probably smoking it straight--and the high is a bit odd when smoked that way, but I bet straight THC would be the exact same way. Isn't Marinol kinda an unpleasant (nauseating) high due to it being THC only?

hey guys just wanted to report on this, been smokin on my gram of JWH for a few weeks now and can confidently report on its effects. when smoked by itself its good, but not 100% pleasant. but sprinkle some on a bowl of kind, and its *just like* youd added pure THC. the high gets clearer and stronger. the tolerance is the same as THC as well; if you have high tolerance of THC then same goes for JWH. im tellin you, this stuff is exactly like THC in its effects. definitely worth a try and worth grabbing a few grams before its made illegal.

its no different from THC bro. THC in high concentration with low tolerance = anxiety and panic. for the experienced smoker the experience is far better.

BTW, the THC you are smoking in your pipe is synthetic. it was synthesized by a biological organism and not man, but it is nonetheless synthetic in origin as are all chemicals. synthesis = creation. this stuff triggers the EXACT SAME receptors in the brain as THC does, wheres the problem?

hey man not to be a smart ass but did you even read what i said in my post? what you just said does not contradict anything i said at all. what im saying is when you add this stuff to a bowl of good bud, the effect is exactly as if you had increased the bud's THC content, without altering it in any other way. in other words the effects of this chemical is not "similar" to THC, it's EXACTLY like THC.

I have said this before and I'll say it again. Just because the synthetic molecule activates the THC receptor does not mean it is exactly like THC. The two molecules are different and have different kinetics, different half lifes, different metabolisms. The withdrawal from the synthetics is much more of a problem than THC due to kinetics. Not to mention it is not known how the metabolites of the synthetic interact with the body/liver.

Just because it activates your cannabinoid receptors does not make it as safe. I am in no way promoting the use of opiates or declaring them safe in any way, but synthetic opioids are a lot stronger and fatal than opium on it's own. I see no reason why the same wouldn't apply to synthetic compounds that activate cannabinoid receptors.

it's known that cannabis and natural cannabinoids are no danger to our lives. well these compounds aren't natural, aren't tested, and from what I've read, there are many negative effects that to me would outweigh the positive.

The tolerance level increase is EXTREME. I went from using a gram every week to a gram a day. This shit made me a fucking crack addict. I like Cannabis because it helps with symptoms I have, but also regulates my OCD. This shit was the exact opposite. I had fits of rage and depression got worse after extended high dosage usages.

After 2 months I was filling a half bowl to get high for 20 minutes. I started "taking" it every 15 minutes. I went from a dosage about the size of the tip from my needle nose, to filling up half the bowl.

Thanks for sharing. :tiphat:

gingerale

Veteran
i agree that the tolerance increase is fast, but its the same as THC in that regard. you can only get "so high" off THC if you have built up a tolerance. same with this stuff and the tolerance mirrors your THC tolerance. so if your a regular smoker, you can smoke a pretty good dose of this stuff and not get anywhere near as high as some reports.

i did not experience the same addiction as koroz reported. i would think that would be a rare case. i feel no "compulsion" to keep smoking this chemical. then again, i am not really the addictive type anyway, so i may be biased.

as far as the chemical's toxicity, i'll take my chances. i know everyone thinks differently but based on the reading and evidence i've seen i think the risk is low.

T

texsativa

What Koroz was talking about are physical reactions. The tolerance he experienced was receptor up/down regulation, and a hard withdrawal/rebound. The more potent, fast acting, shorter half life a molecule is, the harder the withdrawal will be, the more intense rebound effects are.

Take a look at the differences between alprazolam vs diazepam (schedule IV), or methadone vs heroin.

shyeashyea

I am with Koroz. I hate the stuff. I was buying grams and pitting ungodly amounts into damiana. I was always a happy dude who thought depression and addiction were all in your head and you could easily shake them, but get on that bullshit and you will see right away that they are both very real. I started smoking weed because of it and thankfully, it gives a better peace of mind and luckily the old better outlook on life I had before. I consider my usage of 018/073/200/ what thefck other chems they infuse into these legal blends a very very very dark time in my life where my bank account steadily dropped. I know weed will make you want it just as bad, but at least it lasts longer than 20 minutes before you are
chasing that dragon haha. I still have little bouts of depression, and I promise, it didn't happen until I started legal bullshit. I would get a few pimples and think I was a meth head crack addict. Any little issue scared me and I was just a wreck. Sorry for this to be my first post, but i feel very passionate about not using these synths anymore. I wish America would open it's fucking eyes and realize that no matter what, people will use WHATEVER it takes to get high, and That weed is not the devil.

Latest posts

Latest posts