What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just got pulled over by a cop while carrying freshly picked marijuana.

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
:rant:Your 5th amendment is a joke...entrapment is part of a cops modus operandi...a lot of people are ignorant enough to do themselves in...again, don't make their job of busting you easy for them. :) They already have an unfair advantage.

"Stay here while I call the drug dogs"? Am I under arrest? No? Well I don't have to go anywhere with you or wait here. Surely they teach you elementary law in cop school?

If you're smart and don't crack, and they have nothing concrete on you, then eventually it becomes too much of a hassle to be worth their time. They will take your name and address which you have to give them and will try to remember you for later, but most cops have too many enemies for them to have you high on the list/be bothered to stake you out a week later or something.:rant:

edit: I feel sorry for the americans...they seem to have it bad with the police. Is there a maximum IQ score cut-off and minimum body fat requirements to be a cop, or what?

Simpsons_Cop.JPG

PoliceBrutality.jpg

Last edited:

lockehead

Nickmode nice job, youre an inspiration. Luckily ive never been in a situation like this but am i to understand that, even if they could smell weed, they still cannot search the car?

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
well done :D ...maybe he followed you for a bit after to see if you chucked something out the window or looking like your hiding your stash?

was in a mates care a few years back....silly boy a few days before he had done a burn out and someone dobbed him in...well while in that area a cop car just happened to be waiting down the street and saw him....then pulled him over....he left the car to go and talk to this cop....i jumped out a bit later and started to ask whats all this for and got told to get back in the car....next thing i knew this cops comming through the drivers side searching the car....i was pissed and real stoned so sorta forgot for a minute what i had on me....he smelt weed and found my mates stash and removed it from the car....then came back for more of a sniff.....forgot i had my bong....A hole found that but for some reason in the end didnt find the half bag i had in my pocket..

he keeps looking through his hatch back asking stupid questions so we started to give him shit and laugh at him.......so were all out of the car at the back of the hatch back looking through the window at him huge mutha of a speaker talking about sound systems....when it hit me ....just under that huge speaker is my back pack with about 8 or so OZ's......i think my mate realised what i was thinkn too....so he asks him leagal questions about trendy flashing lights ect he wants to add to his car ...while i just give him shit and walked towards the cops car....so my mate and him follow and chit chat still goes on........in the end we say bye bye and we both go fuck....he musta just lost track of what he was doing or thought the whole back was just sound system???

ended up with a fine for my bong and he got nothing for the weed he had cause he was under 18 but got a fine for something else.....man we should have quit while we were ahead....but we had to tell him thanks for the fine ...."man were gona have to grow and sell some weed to pay these fines" lol ...not smart looking back but all worked out in the end.HH. =]-~

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Best story in ages Nick, Very Well Done.
K+++++++

More so, thankyou so much for telling us... likely several posters and a few more lurkers will read and learn, then get in a similar situation and hopefully handle it as well as you did.

Knowlege is Power. Fuck the Police.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
k+ Nick, good job :joint:

however, if you had taken safety precautions to begin with, he would not have been able to smell any herb on you. remember tupperware and car perfumes are your friends. some people use incense, tupperware and ride public transportation.

be careful when you get back there when it is time to harvest the rest of the stuff, he will know your car, etc...

be safe!

k+ k+

Paz

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
the best of the best bro!! damn fine job of standing your ground, from one stoner/grower to another, damned proud of you.

i hate that intimidation bullshit they always try to pull. im a pretty big dude, played alot football and faced guys twice my size that really tried to put me down, so that intimidation shit really doesnt work to well with me. you start all that yellin' "rah-rah" bullshit and all it does is make dig my heels in even further!!!

and that youtube link is where i got it from aswell!!!lol, yeah i think we really need to spread that one around to the masses. maybe pu tit up as a link in a sig!!

One Love

Nick, your story is an inspiration! Definitely made me feel good when i read it. I've seen that youtube video as well. Great job. There's a lot of good information in the video, you just have to nut up and be confident when the situation presents itself.

One question, what are you planning to do when you go back for the 'mother-load' and not some testers? You know this clown will be dreaming of "the one that got away" for the next few weeks.

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
id say go chop it and stash it in trash bags in the woods or watever and then leave and see if any pigs are waiting for you. wear gloves tho

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I spoke to a cop friend of mine @ coffee this morning about this scenario, his opinion of the citizens or cops rights he said would vary from state to state, he also said that this guy (the cop) was either a rookie or was currently regarded as being in 'disfavor' amongst his own comrades & very likely unable to get the K9 patrol to respond/assist him.
Depending on state: The obvious odor of unburned cannabis is probable cause to search as it is considered a crime in progress to have cannabis in a motor vehicle. The smell of burned marijuana btw is NOT probable cause to search the vehicle (in some states) for weed as the courts have allowed that there is an assumption that if it is burned then there would be NO evidence of its existence and therefore a cop CANNOT search for what is obviously not going to be there, go fuckin' figure! Again all of this depends upon your states statutes and the attitude of the judge sitting on the bench.

But hey!!!!!!! You did the 100% correct thing by standing your ground, he probably had the dash cam running & not only didn't you give him any reason to detain/arrest/search you he probably realized he threatened you when you called him out on his mention of you being 'out in the middle of nowhere'.......

very well done bro, every situation calls for its own assessment of course. I've lied to boldly lied to cops and pulled away no problem, at the same time in certain situations I've shown the man the respect he either deserves or thinks he deserves by fessing up my having a minor amount at the moment. One NYCD cop in The Bronx took a nickle bag & didn't search me (I had six more nickles) as I was open and respectful with him, two other cops allowed me to keep the small amounts they found on me, one one last cop took 1/2 of the fresh ounce of colombian gold I'd been caught with (he was a toker & tweaker cop) and gave me back the rest.......

You are the master of every situation.......
(I GOT THAT ONE OFF A FORTUNE COOKIE BTW)

E

EatCannabisRaw

Yeah I was pretty much sucked into that story!

Awesome that you held your ground, wow... I probably would have gotten suckered into something although I would have held my ground for awhile.

I don't like how the police make it "sound" like you need to do something, when they are actually making it up. That is not what a police officer should be about. They make it about their ego.

boroboro

k+ NickMode. Thanks for the inspirational and positive story. Point for us!

Oh, and like PazVerdeRadical said, Be real effin careful with the rest of the harvest. I sure wouldn't use that car, or park any car in the same lot.

what if the cop just reached in your pocket and took your keys and opened the door? you cant really resist? will it just get thrown out in court..gj dude. :jump:

Latest posts

Latest posts