What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just got back from my first court ordered NA meeting

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no addiction other then the love of pussy.

and you're a little thick between the ears.

I didn't say you actually had any addictions, I said you'd be lying through your teeth about having them.

sheeeesh, maybe weed really isn't working for you.

Jnugg

Veteran
I didn't say that you said I have an addiction nor did I say you implied I did.

So who's a lil think between the ears now?

Ready4

Veteran
LOL!

I'd rather do jail time than listen to a bunch of junkies whine about their problems and their miserable lives!

LOL !!! those same type of junkies will be in your jail doing the same whining, problems etc !!!
And you will not be able to walk away from them at your once a week meeting, you will be stuck with them every day all day.
Use your head for something other than a hat rack !:)
Quit whining and just deal with it..... When it is your turn to speak tell them you are only there because you are being forced to by the court and then go off on some long rambling story that doesn't have a damn thing to do with anything there - it will take up time, the meeting will go by quicker & you can have some fun messing with a few idiots.
If you got that unhappy over a NA meeting, just imagine how truly devastated you would be over sitting behind bars with nowhere to go.

talktosamson

Veteran
I did a year on probation for weed before I was ever legal. NA, picking up trash on the highway the whole bit. The thing I couldn't believe we're the dudes who took the 10 days in jail as opposed to 20 picking up trash. Yea I have to work for free for 20 days, but I also got to sleep in a bed, love my dog, eat home cooked meals every day for 20 days. I've been in jail and it's fucking horrible. I would run before I ever spent a night in there again

Ready4

Veteran
I did a year on probation for weed before I was ever legal. NA, picking up trash on the highway the whole bit. The thing I couldn't believe we're the dudes who took the 10 days in jail as opposed to 20 picking up trash. Yea I have to work for free for 20 days, but I also got to sleep in a bed, love my dog, eat home cooked meals every day for 20 days. I've been in jail and it's fucking horrible. I would run before I ever spent a night in there again

Absolutely ! I don't know what kind of wonderful people he thinks inhabit his local jail but we can all bet many are typically much worse than the sorry junkies in the meeting. It really is just a matter of perspective, I have not laughed this hard in quite a while !!:smokey:

B

Bag

i find it cheap entertainment , only costs a buck , and the sluts there have some skills , also a few other things so wrap it up !! or just sign yer own sheet, like everyone else, noone is checking who signed yer shit in na

I moved to colorado w/ a 5k credit card limit and 2k cash.

Within 3 weeks I had a doctor-signed note, half a neighborhood worth of real, good friends and all the hash I could handle.

I don't understand why people choose to risk going through prison rape followed by a bout of christian-based indoctrination all to stay in their invariably shitty southern state.

I mean...if Colorado, Washington, Oregon, and all the best states so happened to be the ones that had shitty weed laws, OK I get it.

But the worst laws are always in the states that suck big moose balls regardless of their marijuana legislation. Risk prison for the beauty of fucking Georgia?

LEAVE!

Littleleaf

Veteran
So how many weeks are you required to go?

I was told to do 10 months,I went for 5 weeks and then I had a friend sign and put their number down. They never called as some one else said.

When I did go. I flat told them that these meetings were for the week mined people that couldn't make the choice of not using. It is your CHOICE!!

ELBURRO

It a meeting just go. I did 3 meetings a week for almost 4 years when I was on papers. What are you going to go jail because you cant handle a hour a day with some people that have some issues. Enjoy your freedom

Jhhnn

Veteran
Pot smokers don''t really belong in NA, and it's a shame that judges think they do.

OTOH, both NA & AA work for people when nothing else will. Being court ordered just lets people know it's there. If you don't need it, then you can't fully understand it, can't really appreciate it much at all other than in a detached sort of way.

AA saved my life 26 years ago. I haven't been involved for many years, but they gave me some insights into my own character & some tools to use to stay sober.

Forced to attend? Pretend you're a social anthropologist studying their culture, see what you can learn, maybe for future reference.

Rather go to jail? Maybe they're getting too close to your own denial for you to be comfortable.

The only thing these meetings did for me was give me a graving to get high.Or the fact that these peoples stories can really depress you and just generally make you feel bad for them.

I don't need no meeting,been drinking some good beer too,thank you.

Jhhnn

Veteran
For anybody court ordered, it's important to understand that different groups in different meeting places have different flavors, for lack of a better word. So if you're in a metro area where you have choice, shop around.

Just sayin'.

BigSteve

If they were obviously not gonna give me shit for time I would of taken that shit to the box. If you had done that, and lost, you probably would of done a small amount of time. After signing paperwork agreeing to go to treatment you will be in more trouble if you try to squirm out of it. Probably give you the 30 days. Make you serve 20 of it or whatever.

I would rather go to jail than jump through all those hoops. If something stupid goes wrong they will throw the 30 days at you anyways. Or whatever they would give you in your state. After nearly 2 years they slapped me with 30 days over a stupid mistake. So I basically did 2 years treatment and jailtime.

My advice would be to almost always go with jail time. It's dependable. And if that's your choice in the beginning they will go easy on you. Rather than if you drag them through all the hoops. Jail isn't that bad anyways. I could do a month on my head.

Anyways, +1