What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just got back from my first court ordered NA meeting

I feel sorry for you pussies who are berating the OP, incredulous that he would go spend a few days in jail rather than be forced to sit in on weeks and weeks of bullshit meetings. No I don't like jail either but every once in a goddamn while you have to stand up for your principles, if you have any that is. Yall have such a fucked up worldview (slave mentality) that you would spend a year in chains long before you'd do 10 days and take your licks standing up for something.

Which would help change society more: meekly accepting the judge's order, nodding subserviently and being all apologetic, accepting treatment (that YOU pay for), thus helping to reinforce their fucked up worldview.....or saying loudly and proudly in the court room that you are not at all ashamed of smoking pot, that you don't need treatment, that AA is bullshit and that this legal system is corrupt and illegitimate, and to just send you to jail on THEIR dime if it makes them feel just and holy? What if you refused to be yet another statistic that the U.S. Government can point to and say "see, look! marijuana is a terrible drug, look at all these people we have in rehab for it!"

You choose to be a tool of the establishment rather than an agent of change; the OP chooses to stand up for truth and justice and to have his voice heard....but you call HIM the fool for not choosing the easy (shortsighted, selfish) way out. I also love how every time you bring up AA in a negative light there's always got to be the usual crowd of AA junkies who can't stand to see someone bashing it, so they have to jump in with their neg rep and asshole comments. You're all a bunch of cowards and pussies....which is no surprise, since that's what AA is all about: weak, dependent cowards who are conditioned to have no self control. At least if the OP was in jail/prison it would be because he was forced there at gunpoint. AA is a choice, and some of yall wear your slave collars loudly and proudly.

Kudos to the OP and selected few others who have backbone and principles.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Here in Manitoba they have the "Addictions foundation of MB"....AFM..

Apparently since I consume more than 4 drinks a week...I'm an alcoholic....Oh and Weed is a gateway drug..

On the upside...I don't even think it was 5hours and I think it was done.....all I know is there was a form where you wrote the types of substances you abused at the start.....and a test at the end..

Oh and PLENTY of smoke breaks

BETTER THAN JAIL THO.

fungzyme

I feel sorry for you pussies who are berating the OP, incredulous that he would go spend a few days in jail rather than be forced to sit in on weeks and weeks of bullshit meetings. No I don't like jail either but every once in a goddamn while you have to stand up for your principles, if you have any that is. Yall have such a fucked up worldview (slave mentality) that you would spend a year in chains long before you'd do 10 days and take your licks standing up for something.

Which would help change society more: meekly accepting the judge's order, nodding subserviently and being all apologetic, accepting treatment (that YOU pay for), thus helping to reinforce their fucked up worldview.....or saying loudly and proudly in the court room that you are not at all ashamed of smoking pot, that you don't need treatment, that AA is bullshit and that this legal system is corrupt and illegitimate, and to just send you to jail on THEIR dime if it makes them feel just and holy? What if you refused to be yet another statistic that the U.S. Government can point to and say "see, look! marijuana is a terrible drug, look at all these people we have in rehab for it!"

You choose to be a tool of the establishment rather than an agent of change; the OP chooses to stand up for truth and justice and to have his voice heard....but you call HIM the fool for not choosing the easy (shortsighted, selfish) way out. I also love how every time you bring up AA in a negative light there's always got to be the usual crowd of AA junkies who can't stand to see someone bashing it, so they have to jump in with their neg rep and asshole comments. You're all a bunch of cowards and pussies....which is no surprise, since that's what AA is all about: weak, dependent cowards who are conditioned to have no self control. At least if the OP was in jail/prison it would be because he was forced there at gunpoint. AA is a choice, and some of yall wear your slave collars loudly and proudly.

Kudos to the OP and selected few others who have backbone and principles.

Wow, what thread did YOU read? Your reply is the most over-the top- and reactionary one on here. You just made up a lot of stuff so you could get off on your own righteous indignation, didn't you? I bet there's a 12-step meeting for that...

And yes, I neg-repped you.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Heh. Even if drugs & booze were completely legal, there would be a legitimate place for NA & AA, probably more so than in the current way of doing things. That's because booze, cocaine, meth, heroin & so forth can easily kill you, but usually not before your life becomes a nightmare that you can't control on you own. If you could, you wouldn't get there in the first place.

Obviously, pot smoking isn't like that. OTOH, NA & AA members would tell you that you need to achieve complete clarity of thought in order to recover from a serious addiction, so using the stuff is dangerous for real addicts, particularly early on. That's really more about changing your life, not hanging with the same homies & doing the same things that started your life on its journey down the porcelain bowl. The life doesn't necessarily do that to everybody, either. Susceptibility is built in to the headsets & the genes of some people. Just the way it is.

The sad truth is that few real alkys & addicts ever recover- they just seesaw back & forth in an ever descending trajectory.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am with the OP and Frito, take me to jail and get the bullshit over with, and personally all while mouthing of my personal opinions and promising a day of revenge. No "faking the funk" for me, I already did that in the Army.

Latest posts

Latest posts