What's new

Just curious - WHAT DO YOU DO for a living?

antimatter

Veteran
I've been a software developer since '93, and the last five or six years I've been a self-employed contractor, working on everything from creating web-based asset tracking and management for the military to developing compilers for domain-specific languages.

While I'd dearly love to work as a legal grower supplying to dispensaries and such, it's just not possible where I live at this time, so anything I do grow is strictly and 100% for personal medicinal use.

Let me guess you work for google?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Are you being serious? You knowingly deal in stolen goods? And you aren't embarrassed about it?

i dont care, im not the one stealing them so i could care less. they have no way to prove anything was stolen so fuck them. i dont care about the system or social norms on whats acceptable to make money. i wuold never steal from somebody, but a corporation? fuck them!!

antimatter

Veteran
i dont care, im not the one stealing them so i could care less. they have no way to prove anything was stolen so fuck them. i dont care about the system or social norms on whats acceptable to make money. i wuold never steal from somebody, but a corporation? fuck them!!

Your friend has a mental disorder, its not like hes a real thief.

madassimi

housewife ~ is that a dirty word?
wink.gif

i like taking care of stuff ~ taking care of the hubster / spending time with him, the house, cleaning, cooking, and gardening.

i guess some would think i'm selling myself short but i'm not. i went out and got the college degrees and worked the corporate jobs, hated it.

i prefer to focus on home base. makes life in general much more happy. i'm thankful hubster makes enough to cover the bills. i don't need a lot to be a happy wifey.

:greenstars:

cfo

I am the CFO of a community bank. 1 office, no bailouts from the govt, no derivative trading, no risky real estate development loans, etc. We don't set the world on fire but we aren't on the verge of being shut down either. Slow and steady wins the race! 3 more years and I'm off to find a job in Colorado. Can't wait to get out of the frigid upper midwest.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
housewife ~ is that a dirty word? ;)

i like taking care of stuff ~ taking care of the hubster / spending time with him, the house, cleaning, cooking, and gardening.

i guess some would think i'm selling myself short but i'm not. i went out and got the college degrees and worked the corporate jobs, hated it.

i prefer to focus on home base. makes life in general much more happy. i'm thankful hubster makes enough to cover the bills. i don't need a lot to be a happy wifey.

:greenstars:

You aren't selling yourself short at all....I got the degree too and was on my way to a well paid boring office job....but I wasn't happy.

I take care of my house, man and animals....filling my head up with how awesome I am on paper doesn't do it for me....filling my heart up with what I love does though.

I make better money at home ;)

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran

You don't actually think you're "sticking it" to corporations, do you ?

*scratches head*

LOL. However you justify it, you are still a crook, whether it is a corporation or not, whether you do the stealing or the selling. Besides, if your friend is a klepto, he/she is very likely not making any of your silly distinctions that you have invented between what classes of victims are OK to steal from .

But, whatever - I was just surprised you wouldn't be ashamed, but I guess you would have to be the type of person w/o a high level of shame to be able to do such a thing.

Thanks for the response.

T

tokinafaty420

So anyways I said I was looking into horticulture job yesterday. :joint: So for some reason today I felt extra motivated and sick of my job so I dropped off a few resumes and applications at a couple different big greenhouse companies. I'll most likely be working below my education level, but I really don't care at this point. So tired of fixing computers.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been a full time student for to long and have recently graduated to I am waiting for the right time to hop into the real estate market lol.....sucks cause my gf's Dad's side is republican conservative christian nosey bastards. They probably think i am a loser and that my gf is my sugar mama, while there is no way we could afford our lifestyle on her income. Soon I will just tell them since I am legal and starting a legit LLC that is medical marijuana based.

Why are you home all the time?

tell them you are a webcam model lmao, they will turn red and shutup!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
LOL. However you justify it, you are still a crook, whether it is a corporation or not, whether you do the stealing or the selling. Besides, if your friend is a klepto, he/she is very likely not making any of your silly distinctions that you have invented between what classes of victims are OK to steal from .

But, whatever - I was just surprised you wouldn't be ashamed, but I guess you would have to be the type of person w/o a high level of shame to be able to do such a thing.

Thanks for the response.

Im not ashamed in any way shape or form. I know my friend is NOT hitting mom and pop shops, hes on some revolutionary anti government shit and only hits places like home depot, walmart, etc.

Like i said i dont care, im not the one going into stores and stealing anything.

Im not pro-thief by anymeans, i would shoot someone for trying to break into my car or house. i used to work loss prevention myself haha which is ironic. i wuold never steal from a store i knew was small business "mom and pop", shit i give those people a tip.

When i wanted a new northface jacket why would i pay 250 for that lol...just so northface can make more when they already make millions. fuck that, walk in, find a jacket without tags, put jacket on, walk out front door. haha, i dont know, where i grew up retail theft was like the #2 way to make money besides pushing sacks. "racking" is a pasttime where im at..

but you are right, i have very little shame. i also do graffiti too haha, peckerwoods hate me and i cuold care less i live like i wanna!

Latest posts

Latest posts