What's new

Just curious - WHAT DO YOU DO for a living?

For alot of us that live as "double agents", regular folk who work in the daytime and are secret growers by night, it's sometimes difficult to speak freely about your growing hobby with others. It could be because of someone snitching on you, or wanting to check out your place, or having any kind of malicious intent toward you (jacking you, setting you up, calling the police, etc...) but if we took a step back for a minute, if we looked away from growing and into our daily lives, what is it that we do for a living?

Aside from the seperate bedroom you have as an operation, what is it that you do for a living or that you "tell" people you do for a living when asked? I for one, I work for Wells Fargo bank and I do Credit and Debit Card processing for businesses. Any business that uses a terminal that swipes a credit card, any online business that uses a shopping cart and accepts payments online for products (a payment gateway) I save those business owners money every month by lowering their rates on their Credit and Debit card purchases.

I'm not trying to pitch what I do for a living to the world of ICmag to get business, I'm just looking to see what the rest of the community does on a day-to-day schedule. Does your family own a business and you run it? Are you in construction? Are you a painter? What is it you do guys?

Do tell! No one knows your real name, or where you live, I'm just curious to see what people do for a living? I mean, if you have a house your growing in, you have to have some kind of job to make the payments. (Unless growing is your job and you sell weed to pay your bills, then that's another story). But if that's what you do - then by all means - share with us!

What do you do??

T

tokinafaty420

I repair computers. Malware/viruses, replace hardware if need be, etc. Sometimes build custom gaming computers as well. I work for myself.

May sound like an easy and fun job to some people, but I can honestly say it sucks balls. I'm trying to find another source of income as there is already far too much competition for this kind of market.

I really would like to get a horticulture related job and spend my day outside instead of being stuck in repairing the same fucking computers 5 times a year b/c the stupid bastards can't help themselves from trying to steal video game serial keys. *sigh* *rant over* lol :joint:

*edit*

P.S. If I see a thread asking for help I don't mind helping, but please don't be requesting my assistance. This is like my little escape from life and I'd hate to see it become more of the same old. lol I don't mean to be a dick, but I just ask for this little consideration. Thanks.

I really would like to get a horticulture related job and spend my day outside instead of being stuck in repairing the same fucking computers 5 times a year b/c the stupid bastards can't help themselves from trying to steal video game serial keys. *sigh* *rant over* lol :joint:

:muahaha: Wow! I feel ya' there brotha!!

ROJO145

Veteran
Unemployed sheet metal mechanic,25 yrs doing slate and copper roofing,forced to grow weed for money cuz the economy sucks!!!But I get along:tiphat:

THC123

Veteran
for the moment i am working in a callcenter but when my contract ends in april i am gonna work in the mill till a find a decent job.

I would rather clean toilets than working in a fucking callcenter ugh

The doctor gave me 2 days off so i could look for another job , but there ain't much choice for the moment in job offerings

bterzz

Veteran
I'm young, and fortunately dont have many bills, other then electricity for my hobby hahaha.. I hate watching people struggle to pay bills, that shouldn't be the scenario for the majority of the people, but it is.

Pizza delivery. I make good money. On average, I'll make 50-60$ in tips in a 4.5 hr shift, plus minimum wage.

Thats over 20$ an hour after i put fuel in my car.

Just an idea for some of you people who DO mind cleaning toilets.

G

good drown

can you bring a gun with you? that would be a must for me to deliver

jd4083

Veteran
Entrepreneur...freelance graphic design...and I work at a dog shelter to get my animal fix in lol

T

tokinafaty420

can you bring a gun with you? that would be a must for me to deliver

I used to deliver pizzas and subs, not once did I ever encounter a hostile person who tried to rob or harm me. Most of the people you come across are pretty damn down to earth people you'd have no problem sharing a beer with.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
placement officer in a temporary employment company.....a job with bad bad karma...hate it!!!

T

tokinafaty420

placement officer in a temporary employment company.....a job with bad bad karma...hate it!!!

I worked about 1 week for a placement agency. Fuck that shit! The one I was with would not give all the money the job offered and on top of that it also took out like 25% of what you did earn and kept it as a fee.