What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part 3

Is there a way to train them to a couple of inverted tomato cages for a hedge of green that you can cover (protect) if necessary...? Just a thought.

H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) - can be bad for plants/beneficials if used wrong...
C3H8O (isopropyl alcohol) - dehydrates most living cells rather quickly...

LetsSeeYa

Well just used it at 50/50 for mites which worked and i really didn't saw any damage to the plant. It was the NL 5 i grew out. Its in my album, but i hear ya guys. Good for mites, but not so great with the mold. Gotcha.

The sun popped out for 3min. just now, but lost it again.

LSY

RubbaDub

Here in the pacific NW, we have to deal a lot with PM and bud rot when growing outside. In the last year or so, many local growers have started using a product called Oxidate. I spray it indoors and out whenever I see PM and it works great. Haven't had a chance to try it on budrot, but I've heard that it's good for that too. It says that it's Hydrogen Dioxide on the label, though everyone seems to agree that it's just another way of saying Hydrogen Peroxide. When it's used, it breaks down into vapor and water, so there's no residue to worry about. Just use it when the plant has a chance to dry off (in the morning vs. in the evening).

What I'm getting at is that if you happen to have some Hydrogen Peroxide in your medicine chest, give that a whirl if nothing else is working.

Damn bro they get bigger and bigger every post. I hope the re grow gets through. Hoping for sun there and here. Its raining and no freaking sun at all here. I need it to get some growth and you need it for growth and stop the damn mold. Can ya water down rubbing alcohol at like 50/50 and spray when the sun does come out. I would think it wouldn't hurt the plant, but should kill the mold, but im sure you know this.

Just grasping here man.

Good luck bro!

LSY

oldhaole

Veteran
Weez...Looks like you have an echo. If you have something important to say...say it twice.

Canni....What happened to the Rod x Rod? I am very intrested on how your Rod crosses do inside, you'll like this....

Put up plenty of pics here up please.

HRM....Here's another of Rodney's....what's the right word?....idocyncracies....yea, I know ... spelled that wrong.

When the crosses get to the six to eight foot mark, the top growth slows down and the bottom branches speed up. If I was to do this again I'd top them at six ft. These plants bush, they don't get real tall. The top is ehh, the branches are where the yield is.

And yes, On all of these crosses Rod was the daddy.

Also have the same moms where Jack is the daddy.

LSY...Rusty is right (again). Do what you can to let your outside plants run. I'm sending you some sun karma back. Give the H2O2 a try if you see mold.

Speaking of LSY's sun karma....boy, did that work out well. You earned your coffee. The last eight days have been dry, with lots of sun. Budrot has stopped, and the WPM is well under control.

Fall is here. It was 52 degrees when I woke this AM. Today will be 12 hours and 4 minutes long. We are losing a bit more than a minute of daylight each day. I'm at the point where I am sleeping out on the deck with the dogs. Everything is looking good, I can start harvest, but I'll be damned if I let this sun go to waste. Push them out as long as the weather holds.

I actually had to water. Put a gallon and a half on every plant before the sunrise today.

I think Green Harvest will fly tomorrow. We have one cane patch that is kinda big and not well hidden from the air. We're going to pay it a visit today and see what happened....

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Canni....What happened to the Rod x Rod? I am very intrested on how your Rod crosses do inside, you'll like this....

Put up plenty of pics here up please.

LOL!

Rod F2's are still here, got 2 boy's for 3 beans cracked. Wicked different pheno's,... so I'm hanging on to both of them, Clones of the girl are rooted, but I let them go too long under max humidity, and didn't harden them off slow enough, so they're pretty haggard ATM. :frown:

Once they look like plants and not frazzled stems I'll post some pics.

Crosses are going into flower first, but I've got some cleaning to do before then, so you'll just have to wait for pics! :moon: :D

Hope the cane fields pull out well for ya, as if the home crop won't do well enough! :tiphat:

oldhaole

Veteran
Another Day in The Salt Mines....

Another Day in The Salt Mines....

This was an easy run.

We're harvesting, so horsepower is a definte plus. The only time we can get in big trouble is taking plants in....and bringing plants out.

This one I planted, so I'm still cargo. I'm going in and my partner finds a place to stash the quad while I'm working.

One patch. Easy.

When we are loading the quad my partner asks what pack to bring. This one? The duffel bag....biggest pack we have (think positive). It's been a month since Green Harvest flew. I know there are some big ones in here and if they fly the fields...I may lose them all.

More better I take before anybody else does.

This is the moment of truth. Going in to harvest is always a nerve wracking trip. Are they still there? Did I miss a male? Has the wind collapsed the cane on everything? Did they water?

All these questions bouncing around...too late now...we're here.

Hop off and plow my way in. The cane sure has gotten thicker since I last have been here. I don't remember going in this far in last time.

Then Hello!

Looke here....trees....check them out....no seeds. Run my pattern, go back to the last one and work my way back toward the road. Most were not ready. The cane did indeed collapse on some. Bust them out. Four plants are ready. Two ten footers, a six, and a three footer. Those are comming with me. The rest stays for another few weeks. If GH finds these now, at least we have something to show for it.

Pulled everything from the stem, load the duffel...not bad....maybe a half lb dry. Duffle was full but not stuffed. On the way out I find one patch at the beginning that I missed on the way in. Bonus time.

Now some shitty pics. Sun was setting and the damn wind was blowing so they were backlit and nothing stayed still.

Here's a pic of a just taken Jack Herer cane girl.
picture.php

This one has a way to go still yet.
picture.php

A couple of these are comming home with me.
picture.php

A plant fighting the cane. Also what I see when I find them.
picture.php

I could have, should have, given these a couple more weeks. These show me the plants are well hidden and will probably slide past Green Harvest. The rest should be doing OK.

But the only way to find out is to go see for yourself. I left 80% behind. This tells me there will be more out there waiting for a visit from yours truly. Gonna have to cool my jets waiting for another few weeks...that's all.

In three weeks we will begin the cane harvest. If done right, it will go right down the line, and take them all.

Wham Bam Thank you ma'am. Over and out.

Impressive is an understatement. Shit...one plant and the wife and I could actually take a vacation. (been tied to the garden for a few years now, lol)

LetsSeeYa

Speaking of LSY's sun karma....boy, did that work out well. You earned your coffee. The last eight days have been dry, with lots of sun. Budrot has stopped, and the WPM is well under control.

Im glad that worked out man, but i luv that cane, i dont know how they could find much in there at all with different holes. And the cane holds it up it looks like, bo you plant it so when the wind blows the cane the plants go to with it?

Great post bro and thanks for the cool pics:plant grow:

Im having my first cup a Joe from that rock tonight:coffee:cant wait man, thanks so much, iv been interested in it from since ya treed them kids in it, lol.
I see how and why you said it was a pain in the cain, but you pulled it off man, its nice to have a back up plan my friend. Im thinking, ya cant go wrong in that cane its so thick in there, i think GH has its hands full of nothing. They dont make a dent in that cane il bet, hell im sure the rippers get more, lol.

I guess you gotta know how to do it:respect:great job bro.

Oh and cuz you ask, lol.:watchplant:

picture.php

LSY

Last edited:

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Cane looks like my tomatoes! :D

+1 to what rasputin said, glad to see YOU taking them down not GH :tiphat:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2938.jpg
    IMG_2938.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 13

LetsSeeYa

Well finally im drinking the Joe ya gave me man, i luv it. Has a strong robust flavor:). And i needed less sugar for the same amount of coffee. I like a ton of sugar, but two spoons and with a half a mug, i needed to add more coffee to get it the way i like. But after adjusting it, i think its great and if i were you thats all id drink.

BTW can ya pull that cane out at the bottom and peel it away a bit a just take a big ass bite :thinking:or is it nasty right off the plant and needs to go through a process for it to be sweet. I would think it would be sweet right from the plant and you would be cool to eat it and not:puke:

I would take a stalk and stir my coffee or just use it to sweeten stuff i cooked. But never saw a cane plant till the pics ya posted, really looks like a great place to hide it thats for damn sure bro. And with 80 per still out, you da man bro:party:

LSY

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Sounds like some good joe LSY! :tiphat: I'm Jealous!

I know a Roster, and his Ethiopian blend is the F'n bomb! So far it's the only coffee I actually like to drink straight up ;)

I think there's a "Dirty Job's" Episode that covers what it takes to get the sugar out of the cane,.... I'm not thinking the plant itself tastes all that great.

oldhaole

Veteran
The Fat Lady is in the Building....

The Fat Lady is in the Building....

Rusty...a single plant won't get you far on your vacation. Plants in the cane tend to have most of the yield on the tops. The bottoms
are shaded....or beaten up by the cane. An average yield is about 4 oz for an overhead one.

When a patch is put in I push all the cane away from the plants. Do that right after Green Harvest flies. But the cane grows quickly and it falls over. If it falls on your plant...too bad for your plant. But it is a weed. As long as they are watering....cannibis is hard to kill. You can keep pushing the cane back, but then you have an easy to spot patch. If you let the plant fight the cane, harvest will be smaller....but there is a harvest.

My partner and I have different theories. I'd rather open the patch up and take my chances. Partner wants to keep it covered and let the plant fight the cane. So we do both, depending on who is doing the work.

LSY.... pretty plant. Needs another six weeks to get fat. From that pic it looks like the sun I sent got there. :tiphat:

In a mature field you can cut and chew the stalk and get sugar juice out of them. A lot of chewing for a small reward.

The hard rain last week kicked off the coffee. It's now full of flowers and the new ones I planted some years back are flowering for the first time. In a couple more years I will have enough plants producing to last all year and gift some too.

Rasputin, Canni...I agree with you there. I took a couple early...but I took them. Not knowing if they were there was eating on me. Now I can relax, and let them run.

Canni...Your tomatos get 12 ft tall? I'd guess almost every one of us has stashed plants in the tomatos. I have. They hide in there real good.

Here at the house I have begun to nibble at the edges. If the weather cooperates I'd like to stage harvest these. Give the bottoms a chance to fatten up.

Right now I'm taking parts of LSY's regrow. It wants to rot, but I'm taking it before that happens.

Which brings us to my favorite pastime....like it or not... Trimming. Hours and hours of trimming.

The hard rain we had knocked them back, but the caterpillars are making their belated appearance. Some plants are too close to harvest to spray. There I pick them off by hand. The less mature ones I will spray one last time and pray for sun.

Diesel x Rodney. Fattening up nicely.
picture.php

Kush x Rodney.
picture.php

Jack Herer double.
picture.php

Jack close up.
picture.php

Hawaiian caterpillar control.
picture.php

Attachments

• Coffee in flower.jpg
    Coffee in flower.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 14
  • new coffee plants.jpg
    new coffee plants.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Coffee trees.jpg
    Coffee trees.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Jack branch top.jpg
    Jack branch top.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Jack's stems.jpg
    Jack's stems.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 14

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Impressive!

Impressive!

Save me dat wishbone, brah.
We'll snap it on my lanai, yah? ;)

Maybe we
wish for da same thing.
Mr Pinky.jpg
No can lose! :)

Made some full-melt bubble from the Thai.
Can't use it inna hash pipe though.
Melts right through the finest screen.:dance013:
What to do?

Aloha grower,

Wee

LetsSeeYa

I like them pic's bro, i like the big ass Jack Herer double. That thing is huge bro. Not that the there is others that look small, i guess she just looks all gurly with her long fingered leaves. And damn them buds look huge.

It was 41 this morning so im not going to wait to much longer to finish. If i had sun, which the last sun was the day i took that bud pic. All rainy and shitty out for the past 5 days or so and i hate leaving them out with everthing else dying off. They stick out to much, plus without good sun i just hate knowing mold could show up. I havent been out, but if the one fell again shes cut. Damn thing has a long stem and real top heavy so with this wind we have had im pretty sure shes down.

Canni i watch 'Dirty Job's' a lot and musta missed the cane one, but maybe il catch it some other time. It reminds me of working on this farm growing celery. That shit is a bitch ta walk over, which i did every day and it gets tall. Damn shit gave me hemorrhoids. So i looked in the med cab and saw prep h, i read the directions and said im not doing that shit, no way. Well next day i ran to the cab i was in so much pain, i didn't care if i had to hook it to the water hose im using it. It never came back, i was 15, lol. Good damn thing.

LSY

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I think your supposed to be wearing pants when your in the celery fields,...... could be wrong, but just saying! ;) :tiphat:

Must be getting cold,.... flowers are turning purple! :D
picture.php

Same strain inside finishes in about 65 day's of 12-12,... no way to tell how long it's been kicking outside exactly, but by the size and density of the buds, it had better NOT freeze here in the next month or this harvest as meager as it will be is gonna be wasted! :drum:

oldhaole

Veteran
Our Intrepid Hero is Rapidly Becoming Insufferable....

Our Intrepid Hero is Rapidly Becoming Insufferable....

Sound check on the fat lady....test one, two, three.

This is why they pay me the big bucks....this season, nothing came easy. I fought it the whole damn way.

Eight months, thirty some pages, Green Harvest, WPM, fight crappy weather, budrot, caterpillars, extreme paranoia....

I can go on....but why?

Let me tell you.

Fuck it all I'm harvesting. Not a weather related harvest either....not an "oh shit, it's raining harvest". This was a "these are ready to take harvest". BIG FAT BUDS.

picture.php

Nibbling my ass....today I took a big old bite out of the garden. Three plants are hanging...IN THE BAG. The Diesel x Rodney, Kush x Rodney and the smaller Jack Herer girl are in the hanging behind me as I type this.

Also spent a day whacking and hacking on the Thai cross the cops forgot. Put 10 ft of trimmed weed on the fishing line....hardly dented her. Now I remember why I don't like to trim this strain. Little plant, huge yield, and a bitch to trim.

picture.php

I am going to push the max out of this puppy so I didn't take whole plants. I left the bottoms to fatten up.

The weather should cooperate for the next week. Ideally the rest should go another three weeks. Hell... it'll take me that long to grind my way thru this pile. Throw this pic in for the hell of it. It's a Jack top. Give it three more weeks...Oh baby...

picture.php

Living with this humidity has a few advantages. Now I'm in no hurry. The hanging product will dry very slowly, and I can put a good cure on it. Since the wifey ain't here to tell me not to....I can stuff this entire house if necessary. None of this drying in the garage shit...not this year.... I'll hang it over the bed if I have to.

Now before I wet myself....I'm only a quarter done. This log still has some life to it. The Elephant Ear still has another month to go. And I still have maybe that long on a couple of the larger girls. These were the small ones....Can't ya just feel the gloat?

Rodney was a success. With two left behind I can say that now. The only epic fail was LSY's regrow...Sorry LSY....I won't call it that anymore. Budrot ate that for dinner. Shoulda given that to the cops...Hindsight is 20/20.

I've got to get part four up and running. Should start that now....

Pic 1) First hole before.
Pic 2) Same plant after harvest
Pic 3) Second hole before
Pic 4) Ditto
Pic 5) Thai cross before.
Pic 6) Ladder for scale Holes 2 & 3.

LetsSeeYa

Great pics man, those babies are huge and with 3 more weeks to go there going to be giant:jump:. I know ya got way more then i do to trim, but it is a pain in the ass. Couldn't ya hire a few hotties to trim for ya, maybe x per hour or something. You gotta have some hook ups on that rock? Got any crack heads around there, they work for cheep, but i would make em trim in the nude or half the crop would leave with em, lol. Around here you can always hire a kid to mow your lawn, why not hire a few of the bastards to do some trimmin. Im sure you need to keep it cool, but one person doing all that, id lose my freaking mind bro. You dont know anyone you could trust?

At the same time i wouldn't trust anyone at all and would trim it myself too. Cant trust many people these days, which is so damn weak. Maybe a couple that helped last year, i know you were relieved when they showed up to help.

Luv the pic's man, those buds look so damn big! And that Jack looks awesome man and the Thai cross has buds bigger in the back ground. Great grow my friend, i hope ya get all the sun ya need to fatten them up even more man.

I missed the ladder tho bro? In less you were referring to the page before or did ya forget to post em?

I sure would like to see Edna in one of these pics at some point. Maybe she and Rodney could make friendz or that Thai, oh yeah:dance013:. Yet another great grow man, when does the short season start? Im not trying to get ahead, i was only curious when its time to begin. Im sure its not something your thinking about now, i only wondered if there is a date to get started on da rock.

Thanks for the post man, i know your busy, but looks like its paying off. But i guess if ya want it done right, ya do it yourself. But i guess if its going to dry slow, there is not such a rush to get it all finished in one day. Now if ya got it on the bed and the wifey is coming home, i would get on that or the wifey might not like that, lol. Hell i had 3 plants in the house and after 8 air fresheners and 3 days i can finally smell the fresheners. And i have still a bit of trimming to finish it up. My sis is coming over to pick up some free shit, the thing she doesnt know is that she's going to earn it this time, lol.

WTG, BRO:wave:

LSY

Latest posts

Latest posts