What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part 3

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
dude, congrats on the harvesting...i love your threads. I almost bought some lots in paradise park20 yrs ago when they were cheap.... wish I woulda....just another in a long list of regrets. keep up the good work!

Graphivv.jpg

oldhaole

Veteran
Throw Some Red Meat to the Wolves....

Throw Some Red Meat to the Wolves....

Gotta pardon my mistakes...one of these post take me a while to throw together. Doesn't help that I type with two fingers and I'm relativly computer illeterate.

Promised you some pics...

picture.php

picture.php

Ain't that a beautiful sight to greet you in the morning?

Now a couple of before and after shots. This is the Diesel X Rodney before.

picture.php

After.

picture.php

Look like locusts got her. Once again....
before.

picture.php

After.

picture.php

Ok guys...that it for the pics. Lets get to the part that I like. The place where I flip you shit.

LSY....dude??? naked crackhead trimmers? You been smoking that coffee I sent? The trimmers from last year....yea, I could call them. But wifey would shit bricks when she gets home. Remember what happened last year?

I fucked up the pics, but I fixed it above.

Short season is already started. It has no direction yet. And yea, I'll happily fuck with Edna. Look for her in Part Four.

Headband....I'll be the man....if....and only if, I can pull a clean sweep. Both the house and the cane gotta fly. Notice a small kine greedy streak?

Chunky....TYVM....I try to make these entertaining. Shit. Run this dog and pony show for eight months, and keep it fresh....I need all the help I can get.

Anyway... Who cares? We're at the good part.

Nug...Didn't stage that shot. I was spraying and spotted him moving.
Does he eat budworms? Never saw it.

oldhaole

Veteran
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Are We Having Fun Yet?

Just keeps getting better.

You guys have heard me whine countless times about the weather. And a way back I said we will have a streak of really sweet sun somewhere....anywhere. Took long enough.

It's here. At the end it all falls into place. Damn lucky. Poetry.

Damn lucky on other fronts. The catterpilars were either killed off as the temps drop or reached the end of their season. I don't know which but they are pretty much gone. I watered the rest for the first time since the last rain.

Toward the end I cut the water off. The dryer the plant the less rot there is. After watering I will have one more outbreak. This will probably be the last time I water.

Today I'm going to take the rest of the smaller Jack plant. Also get to take a bite off of the Jack x Rodney.

Seaweed...which view? This one?

picture.php

Or this one?

picture.php

God....I love sunny days :jump: Sunny weeks? :jump::jump:

The clear winner of Rodneys kids....

Jack x Rodney is the keeper. Thats her in the above pic. This one I'm proud of. Also think this will be get the best in show award. She'll be back in part four and five.

Another shot,

picture.php

Jack was no slouch either. Wound up racing stem rot, lost some yield but got more than half of her off on good order. Here's a bud I left behind to fatten up

picture.php

And here's the soon to be gone plant she sits on.

picture.php

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Lookin really killer OH!

Full moon under clear sky's here, got a little frost last night,.... but my lost outdoor grow didn't seem bothered by it, gonna start covering her and the tomatoes tonight and hope to get some more weight.

LetsSeeYa

''Jack x Rodney is the keeper'' So are you going to re veg it OH? Of course id luv ta see that man.

Great pics man, it looks so damn nice there bro. I would luv to wake up to that scenery doobie in one hand and your coffee grown by you in the other. Gotta say life is great on that rock.

The last plant ''soon to be gone'' shows a monster behind it and im sure its been shown before, but was wondering what it was? They all look big, but sometime they just look way ass big like that one.

Great grow my friend, i cant wait for part four, but still enjoying part 3 as they are now finishing all up and get to see what you have worked so hard to get. Looks like your getting a lot too, way ta go man!

Oh and i had just watched a documentary on crack showing all these chicks filling up the goods naked so they couldn't steal it. And yeah it was a joke, them freaks are freaks. For some reason my trimming was easier last year then this year for me and i had 3x as much, if not more last year. But im finally finished. The sun hadn't been out in a week and just rained, but only till after i took them. Now its sunny and 70, i sure wish i would had known. Guess thats how it works, the report said rain all week till i took em, then they changed the forecast.

Dude i luv's them big ass tress!

Nice job bro:)

LSY

oldhaole

Veteran
Harvest

Harvest

A weak front passed thru the island chain last night. As fronts go there was nothing to it. We didn't get a drop of rain, and the next couple of days should be dry. After that...who knows?

Still it made it to us and past. Weather be changing, and fall is right around the corner. The first Humpback whales of the season are back in Hawaiian waters, the plovers are returning to winter out here from Alaska, the North Shore has had the first swell of the season, and bird season starts next month. All signs of approaching winter.

picture.php

I have one plant gone, four with bites taken out of them and five left to take. With all the bigger ones still left to go. Still less than half done. I've been trimming as I go, but it's comming in faster than I can push it out. So now we hang it and forget it.

picture.php

The Jack x Rodney....I'd guess will come in at over three lbs dry. I was knocking tops off of her for a solid hour yesterday evening and only got half before dark ended that. Nothing I took earlier has fully dried so things are starting to stack up.

picture.php

Next week we hit the cane. There we will find out if we had a good year or a great year. With what I have taken, and will take, everything in there is gravy.

Rusty....Ssssorry about your keyboard. Thisss one issss kinda sssticky too. Damn resssin.

LSY....the plant in the background is the Jack Herer double. I'm not going to try to reveg Jack x Rodney. It would be easier to recreate her. About 500 times. I saved seeds from both sides, which are growing in Part Four. That'll be the second cross I make.

picture.php

picture.php

And it's a proven fact if you want the sun to shine, pull a plant in disgust. The next day will be perfect. Works every time.

oldhaole

Veteran
Old Haole's Tree Removal Service....

Old Haole's Tree Removal Service....

No job too big.

Yesterday we had the first rain in almost a month. Another front has stalled a few hundred miles north of us. The next one should be four days behind that. This party is soon going to end. Before it ends I'd like to have everything down and in.

So the target for today was Hole 7. This was the Jack trifoliate I had high (both literaly and figurativly) hopes for. Then the Green Harvest ran it over....then the little storm turned it inside out. I proped it up as best I could, stem rot set in, and things went downhill from there.

Nice stem huh? Look at those branches wrong and they'll break.

picture.php

The bottom part of the plant came out nice. Fat buds. But the top portion of the plant was dying from the top down.

picture.php

So for Canni's benifit (I don't think he is used to big plants) I'm going to give everybody a quick tutorial on how to harvest a big plant fast.

Start at the top....well this plant didn't have one. Work your way downward. Clip the topknot (that's about the size of one off Canni's entire plants). Pull each branch off with a quick tug downward. As you work your way down the plant the branches become longer. In 20 minutes you should have it all off the stem, and you should have a pile like this.

picture.php

Now take it inside and hang it up.

There's a reason I want to get rid of this plant. Now the Elephant ear is open to the sun.

You remember the Elephant Ear? The idiot proof plant? Here she is without the other plant in the way. I can't get up to the top to nip the dead leaves. Not the best pic, but you get the idea.

picture.php

And a couple of close ups...

picture.php

picture.php

The only knock on this plant is she has almost no smell. It also has not a bit of rot or mold on her. None. I never sprayed her for catterpillars and sprayed her twice for WPM. She still has a way to go, but I'm thinking I want to cross her with a Jack Herer male to see what happens. Watered her today, gonna stress test her big time.

Now about 60% done. Two big ones left, two gone, one went to shit and bites taken out of five....What? One went to shit? Why wasn't I told? Where's the memo?.....

Settle down, I'm going to do my "I Fucked Up Post" at the end of this log. I'm letting her sit and rot....when you see her I want her ugly, and I'm almost there.

The weather now dictates what happens when. I'd love another couple of weeks of sunshine, if that happens... just go with nature's flow. The last month was perfect...these can go anytime.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Yeah, I deserved that! ;)

Being primarily indoor I'm happy with 6 oz per stem (trimmed and dry),.... And my outdoor has to stay smaller and even more concealed than my indoor!!!!! :eek:

oldhaole

Veteran
Let's Wrap it Up....What Brah? Like scraps?

Let's Wrap it Up....What Brah? Like scraps?

Where are we?...Oh yea...

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Live from Bumfuck Idaho! Put your hands together for the Fat Lady singing "It's Been Awhile"....

Wish I could show you inside this house. With all the weed hanging everywhere on drying lines....it looks like a cave. Smells great too. Here's the last of Rodney kids.

picture.php

The week has been a blast. Without too much detail....you wouldn't believe me anyway....A friend from long ago emailed me. She and two friends from Cali popped up on vacation....I swear I didn't plan this....so I traded tour guide services for trimming help.

With their help the pile got dented....somewhat. The product taken 10/7 is almost dry. It is ready to be taken off the stem.

What would you rather be? Good or Lucky? This year I'll take both. Spring was wet, Summer was wet, Fall was dry. Sure, we had a couple of light showers, but overall the last six weeks have been a gift. A very rare gift. Here's a tiny Jack top.

picture.php

Changes are comming. A new low is forming a few hundred miles to our west, knocking out the trades and bringing up humid warm air from the south. Oahu has Flash Flood warnings up tonite. It should last a while so waiting it out probably will not work. It's now time to take it all except the Elephant Ear....

picture.php

Tomorrow afternoon it will probably rain. Today it was time to clean up the scraps. The small buds left behind have fattend up....gave them three weeks....and they're ready to go. There was some WPM in the buds close to the stem. Also I have some Rodney starts that need to get slammed in the newly empty holes.

Three big...the biggest actualy...plants are left. These are stupid big....two of them are gone tomorrow. Let them go as long as I could....rain is comming...time to harvest.

picture.php

picture.php

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
"stupid big":laughing:

Just south of ginormous.

Two great years in a row, bro':jump:

Goodonya!

Green Weeze

Latest posts

Latest posts