What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Judicial misconduct

med4u

Veteran
I believe that if someone wants to own guns, then they should be held responsible for what happens with their guns,
particularly when their guns are used to shoot up a school filled with children. If parents were charged for mass murder when their homicidal offspring commits mass murder, perhaps gun owning parents would be a little more cautious with how they store their guns. And if not, then they’d be permanently removed from society as a result. As someone who pretends to support personal responsibility, i am surprised that you don’t think that parents should be held responsible when they act irresponsibly.

Also, there’s no reason to draw conclusions outside of this scope to draw me into a silly game.
If the prosecutors believe others to be culpable, i would imagine they will investigate and charge accordingly. I have read that they are considering charging school officials as well.

if they are charging the shooter as an adult...
Shouldn't that relieve the parent of any culpability?....
legal precedence prescribes no action taken
in less questionable cases
The parents in this case have broken no laws
excessive bond this case is clearly meant to
inflict punishment and pre judge before someone who is innocent until proven guilty have been tried
Exactly what our 8th amendment is for...
everybody wants their pound of pre judicial
Flesh ...until they become the unfairly accused...
Fucking lynch mob mentality...ppffftt
You realize they recently let the Christmas parade granny murderer out on a thousand dollar bond after running his girlfriend's head over?attempted murder... with a extensive violent rap sheet...
Not very responsible..

Amynamous

med4u I’m not going to get sucked into a game of false equivalency. And charging the kid as an adult is dependent upon the crime, not his age.
I stand by my opinion that gun owning parents should be held liable and responsible and should be charged with the same crimes when their murderous offspring use said guns to commit mass murder. And in the case in question, the parents actually purchased and provided the gun used in the mass murder, which makes them even more culpable. This is NOT a 2nd amendment issue, and it’s not an 8th amendment issue. It’s a personal responsibility issue.

Why are you against personal responsibility?

Three Berries

Crime of the century my sweet ass, honey pots are SOP. A convenient distraction to whip out when needed.

Yes it is the age old trap. But this one is going to be exposed for all to see. And it is very dark at the heart of it all.

Those involved have no choice but to try and normalize as they are so involved.

audiohi

Veteran
A Man’s Own Lawyers Conspired W/ The Judge Prosecutor and Other Court Staff Locking Him Up Unjustly

med4u

Veteran
med4u I’m not going to get sucked into a game of false equivalency. And charging the kid as an adult is dependent upon the crime, not his age.
I stand by my opinion that gun owning parents should be held liable and responsible and should be charged with the same crimes when their murderous offspring use said guns to commit mass murder. And in the case in question, the parents actually purchased and provided the gun used in the mass murder, which makes them even more culpable. This is NOT a 2nd amendment issue, and it’s not an 8th amendment issue. It’s a personal responsibility issue.

Why are you against personal responsibility?

Michigan Shooting Case: Avoid Overcharging | National Review https://www.nationalreview.com/2021...aign=hero&utm_content=related&utm_term=second

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Here in Australia lawyers are immune from being sued for giving bad advice yet they add insurance costs to what they charge you for services.

Raho

Veteran
It’s about time that parents of school shooters are held accountable for their minor children’ killing sprees, particularly when said children use their parent’s guns or the parents buy guns for their children.
It’s basic personal responsibility.

Yep.
But if the kid sneaks the car out, gets drunk and kills 10 people in a crash . . . ?

Latest posts

Latest posts