What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jamaican "lambsbread"

BC LONE WOLF

I must ask you BC, what camera you use for these crystal clear photos? Damn nice pics and plants. Thanks in advance
you would laugh at my poor ass self, iphone 8 everything. Just looking for the natural light angle and background contrast. Specially with lime green sativas a black background makes them stand out.

Glad you enjoy the photos, I have thousands.

Marcus67

Bushman Vibes Collective Lambsbread via Richard Williams, about 2 weeks old. Will update with white lighting on my next photos (I have to replace my white light). I plan to cross this with my uncle's Jamaican 1980s "collie weed" preserved in Spain. It has been propagated via hermaphrodite pollen so hopefully thanks to the work of the Vibes Collective, this strain can clean out my uncle's line so that more clean vintage Jamaican genes can be spread and prevent too much inbreeding from too limited of a gene pool.

Attachments

• 20231123_154738.jpg
    20231123_154738.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 35

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
F7 grown by @numide at 44°N

Mid October
View attachment 18922581
View attachment 18922582
View attachment 18922583

End October mid flowering dying due to massive rainy latitude and a bit un-fertz i think, anyway great test bravo Numide chapeau poto! :cool:

View attachment 18922584
View attachment 18922585

44 degrees north!…dam…..did it finish?

we tried growing some Molokai Frost at 37 and never finished , needed at least 3-5 more weeks

everyting else came down by Oct 1-15th

IMG_5675.jpeg

Wwbsox

Hello all. New to icmag (but not to growing).

I Started growing what I consider landraces back in the early 80’s. Mexican and Colombian mostly from bag seed, and there were plenty of seeds then. A lot of seeds, but not a ton know-how on my part. But anyways, I very fondly remember the 2 or 3 times I was able to score some Jamaican Lamb’s “Breath.” Don’t hate me for using that name. That’s what it was called when and where I got it. Decades of fond memories are hard to reprogram. I’m cool with either name. Same thing in my book. What a high, though!
Been reading this and other forums from JGL, Roms, Alone and others ever since I picked up some Lamb’s Breath seeds. See post #1495 for the actual seeds. The breeder says he got the seeds from a farmer in Jamaica. I cannot be 100% sure of the genetics, but this was what was available to me, and I still have faith in human nature.
Started 4 seeds and all 4 have popped, although the last 2 needed some help (a little sanding of the outer casing with my wife emory board and they popped within hours). Just hoping for a dominant sativa female and male to seed some of the lower branches.
After years of growing hybrids from Amsterdam, I am really looking forward to getting back into that uplifting sativa high. It was actually a hybrid that got me on this quest. I recently grew Jack Herer from Sensi Seedbank. An F1 with 4 or 5 different Phenos. I had a very dominant sativa pheno that is amazing smoke.
I will update my current grow. Peace, y’all.

Marcus67

I was in Shashamane in 2001 while backpacking throughout Ethiopia/Egypt. The herb I smoked there was brown and very loose, these pics unfortunately look like hybrids, including the lambsbread. I wish I had asked about the origins. However, it looked like herb I got in Addis as well.

Rgd

Veteran
thanks to the work of the Vibes Collective, this strain can clean out my uncle's line so that more clean vintage Jamaican genes can be spread and prevent too much inbreeding from too limited of a gene pool.
while hybrid wlds take over reggae land....[yeh mon..eeen deee..kah]

jus say no

and go wit dah lambsbreed

good one bro

yeh Rahan sent me some back then

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was in Shashamane in 2001 while backpacking throughout Ethiopia/Egypt. The herb I smoked there was brown and very loose, these pics unfortunately look like hybrids, including the lambsbread. I wish I had asked about the origins. However, it looked like herb I got in Addis as well.
What pics look hybrid? The East Africa Genes pics? Yeah, at this time finding pure stuff is really tough. They started introducing indica into landrace around 1972 and a seed can travel so easily to anywhere.

So how was the high from the Shashamane stuff?

Marcus67

What pics look hybrid? The East Africa Genes pics? Yeah, at this time finding pure stuff is really tough. They started introducing indica into landrace around 1972 and a seed can travel so easily to anywhere.

So how was the high from the Shashamane stuff?
Some elder took us in to his place and smoked us up, but eventually we realized he wanted to sell us some memorabilia, so as nice as he was, that akwardness was influencing the vibe during our smoking get together. This was a long time ago, but the high was not paranoid inducing (despite the situation) , not tiring or too strong, so clear and mellow type of energetic (if that makes sense). Again, it did not seem too different from the Ethiopian stuff I had smoked in Addis. If I had to summarize the effect, typical sativa without anxiety or paranoia (non haze sativa effect). To be honest, I doubt people would have brought Lambsbread to Ethiopia. Why risk your life savings and potential freedom on your journey from Jamaica to Ethiopia to smuggle seeds? Also, ethiopian lanrace would have been idolized by rastafarians so I don't see the motive for taking the risk to smuggle seeds being a thing. I could be wrong of course.

Midbio

There is a lot wrong with this article. Firstly lambs bread is not a specific strain, its just an outdated 70s era rasta slang term for really good weed. If any Jamaicans are still using this term its mostly just to appease American and Canadian seed hunters. my second gripe with this article is its reference to a non existent Bob Marley song titled "Ganja Gun"...Bob Marley never made that song.Its a real song but its not from Bob Marley. Im not saying that what people are claiming as "Lambsbread" isn't real Jamaican landrace, because a lot of it is, its just not a specific strain

Wwbsox

There is a lot wrong with this article. Firstly lambs bread is not a specific strain, its just an outdated 70s era rasta slang term for really good weed. If any Jamaicans are still using this term its mostly just to appease American and Canadian seed hunters. my second gripe with this article is its reference to a non existent Bob Marley song titled "Ganja Gun"...Bob Marley never made that song.Its a real song but its not from Bob Marley. Im not saying that what people are claiming as "Lambsbread" isn't real Jamaican landrace, because a lot of it is, its just not a specific strain
Hi Midbio.

Not disagreeing with you (well, maybe a little), just adding my two-cents to an argument that I have been reading about, ad nauseam.

I understand the argument about Lamb's Bread not being a specific strain, but any "extra," or special weed or any weed used in sacrament, etc. However...

We are talking about a Jamaican sativa from 1960 that was grown in Spain, seeds were gifted to other individuals to continue/preserve. @jahgreenlabel took this strain to an F4, I believe. And @Roms at least F7. Many others involved too. Anyways, my point. Even if I concede that Lamb's Bread wasn't an actual strain back then, I would argue that with all the work that has been done to preserve, and refine this, it is a definite strain now.

Don't quote me on any of this. The older I get, the more BS I can spew. And the more people want to believe every word I say is true.

Peace.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
We are talking about a Jamaican sativa from 1960 that was grown in Spain, seeds were gifted to other individuals to continue/preserve. @jahgreenlabel took this strain to an F4, I believe. And @Roms at least F7. Many others involved too. Anyways, my point. Even if I concede that Lamb's Bread wasn't an actual strain back then, I would argue that with all the work that has been done to preserve, and refine this, it is a definite strain now.

Don't quote me on any of this. The older I get, the more BS I can spew. And the more people want to believe every word I say is true.

Peace.

False bullshit, our Vibes Collective line birth is FRENCH and grown in FRANCE, we're all FRENCH, GrowDan P1, Rahan F2/F3, Volcanik/Upok F4, JGL F4bis.... Then yes Spain in the game with hermies and business with U.S. liars with our FREE LINE!

About origin first Lambsbread in Jamaica come from South Indian and parallel with banana workers, then another wave come from Ethiopia with rastafarism. And both South Indian and Ethiopian are pure sat connected since millennials.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts