What's new

jamaican "lambsbread"

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
You must have never grown anything that spits out male flowers the second anything goes slightly wrong, or for no apparent reason at all.
Yeah, you're right, Parvati was a cakewalk, or Rasoli....fuck, I still remember that first Nanda Devi...no, I never even remotely grew anything that could herm because I farted a bit louder...hmmmm no, not even that Hungarian monecious hemp that was supposed to be hardy against a whole bunch of molds....shit I am so clueless, I think I'll go back to my Durban landrace, surely it's never gonna herm the first time I grow it...(yes I had to select the Durban against hermies...yes, the first seed was a herm)...I wish I had more experience with harder wildtypes...

Hiddenjems

Yeah, you're right, Parvati was a cakewalk, or Rasoli....fuck, I still remember that first Nanda Devi...no, I never even remotely grew anything that could herm because I farted a bit louder...hmmmm no, not even that Hungarian monecious hemp that was supposed to be hardy against a whole bunch of molds....shit I am so clueless, I think I'll go back to my Durban landrace, surely it's never gonna herm the first time I grow it...(yes I had to select the Durban against hermies...yes, the first seed was a herm)...I wish I had more experience with harder wildtypes...
Then why pretend it’s easy?

Maybe you grown small numbers of plants which makes it easier. I currently have over 120 plants in flower in my personal grow. No way I can micromanage each plant.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran

Maybe you grown small numbers of plants which makes it easier. I currently have over 120 plants in flower in my personal grow. No way I can micromanage each plant.
oh no! I ever grew more than few plants at a time! what am I to do?!!

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran

because what is hard for me is easy for you, such is life, I don't need to pretend

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
me in Jamaica in the 80’s Ocho Rios

there are seeds and pollen in my fridge that I would like to get to but I am running out of time

plus , I live and grow outdoors at 37 degrees and I do not think the LB would finish properly at my latitude

maybe I will give them a shot indoors…😂

IMG_0569.jpeg

Marcus67

Just a quick fun fact, in Toronto where I live there is a big Jamaican community. What was popular before legalization is this strain called chocolate imported as brick from Jamaica which they say is a cross of Skunk and Durban. I grew out seeds years ago and indeed, it was durban looking/smelling. Here is a dub track I did with some reggae musician friends of mine

Wwbsox

don't worry.....there were few LB seeds passed around there ...

also LB is so hard to grow almost zero people would touch it ..

one of the biggest pia sativas too grow ..ever

you can make piles of nice LB seeds..

.......smokable bud?

..uhhh not that easy
A lot of LST and maybe some HST, and even more patience has really helped increase yields on the longer flowering Sativas. But no matter what I can do, if I"m not starting with good genetics... I'm wasted my time.

Wwbsox

Hey! Great thread!
Dont mean to crash it but does anyone have an opinion on these? Reckon they are legit? Looking to run them alongside chocolate thai next grow. Any ballpark figure on flowering time? Would imagine 10+ weeks?

View attachment 18890521
I know it's been over two months since @iStruggle asked about these seeds, but I think I have an answer for him now. I did purchase these seeds, germ'd four of the eight. I'm not the expert, but I would say that these are not anywhere near what I have been seeing as a JLB strain. Chocolate Thai sounds like a good run though.

Wwbsox

These are the seedlings I have from Lamb's Breath Seeds. Again, I am no expert, but I am also not an idiot. Thinking of just throwing these out and starting over. Thoughts, anyone?
tempImageA2Exap.jpg
tempImage6NEX2n.jpg

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
These are the seedlings I have from Lamb's Breath Seeds. Again, I am no expert, but I am also not an idiot. Thinking of just throwing these out and starting over. Thoughts, anyone?
View attachment 18928047 View attachment 18928048
Yup, yup. I know exactly how they crossed this with a Jamaican:
They took the seeds.
They grabbed a travel agency pamphlet
Opened on the Jamaican resort
Placed the seeds on it over night.
Dei be speaking patoi like dey born in Kingston mon!
Otherwise they look very Afghan mixed...

Latest posts

Latest posts