What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jamaican "lambsbread"

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Cture.PNG

Wolverine97

Veteran
I have been a frequent visitor to Jamaica over the past 15-20 years, and have a few Jamaican friends here stateside as well. I have consistently been told that Lamb's Breath is just your best herb, and/or when used as a sacrament. One Tree Herb.

I've collected a fair amount of seeds there over the years. Have found some pretty amazing plants, from never finishing wheat head type flower that tasted woody and spicy with a pure electric feel good buzz, with crystal clarity... to near pure Dutch hybrids. One thing I have noticed, is the "local" herb tends to at least show itself in most things I have tried. The couple of times I've found that "One Tree" type it has had some purple in it, spear type buds, that smell fruity/spicy. Great smoke, day or night, but not that pure electric type of high. Sativa for sure, but with more of a relaxing aspect than the wild type described above.

This year I broke out the old Jamaican seed stash, and surprisingly got pretty great germination rate (5/6). Didn't expect them to pop, or I would have done more. After losing one to a critter, and culling a runt that wasn't doing anything I had one female and two males. The female looks like most of the "Lamb's Breath" types shown in this thread, leaning towards the purple side. One male was identical, and the other was very different. Topped itself early, was pure green no purp, and much spicier smell.

I used both males, and made more seeds this year. The female tastes exactly like what I get in Jamaica, and grew exactly like the ones I've run in the past. Very happy I will have some nice jars filled soon. It's drying now.

I'll post some pics later.

Wolverine97

Veteran
I have been a frequent visitor to Jamaica over the past 15-20 years, and have a few Jamaican friends here stateside as well. I have consistently been told that Lamb's Breath is just your best herb, and/or when used as a sacrament. One Tree Herb.

I've collected a fair amount of seeds there over the years. Have found some pretty amazing plants, from never finishing wheat head type flower that tasted woody and spicy with a pure electric feel good buzz, with crystal clarity... to near pure Dutch hybrids. One thing I have noticed, is the "local" herb tends to at least show itself in most things I have tried. The couple of times I've found that "One Tree" type it has had some purple in it, spear type buds, that smell fruity/spicy. Great smoke, day or night, but not that pure electric type of high. Sativa for sure, but with more of a relaxing aspect than the wild type described above.

This year I broke out the old Jamaican seed stash, and surprisingly got pretty great germination rate (5/6). Didn't expect them to pop, or I would have done more. After losing one to a critter, and culling a runt that wasn't doing anything I had one female and two males. The female looks like most of the "Lamb's Breath" types shown in this thread, leaning towards the purple side. One male was identical, and the other was very different. Topped itself early, was pure green no purp, and much spicier smell.

I used both males, and made more seeds this year. The female tastes exactly like what I get in Jamaica, and grew exactly like the ones I've run in the past. Very happy I will have some nice jars filled soon. It's drying now.

I'll post some pics later.

Attachments

• IMG_20230924_182626529.jpg
    IMG_20230924_182626529.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20230924_182737650_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230924_182737650_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20230910_125637926_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230910_125637926_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20231008_215203374.jpg
    IMG_20231008_215203374.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 83

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hi, it really doesn't look like pure sat at all sorry but not surprising from those past 20y or 40y in Jamaica.

Wolverine97

Veteran
Right, I think I mentioned that in my first post above. Nothing to apologize for... it's definitely not a pure NLD/sativa, and I wasn't claiming it to be. I'm just a guy growing out things that I collected myself. I don't sell seeds.

The Green pheno was much more NLD type in growth, and I used both it, and the purple male.

Most of what people are bringing back from Jamaica is just varied forms of Purple Skunk, which is ubiquitous on the island, and has been since the 90's. But you can see the NLD traits come out when you get into the seeds. I just didn't pop enough, as I didn't think they would still germinate as old as they are.

I have several other Jamaican seed stashes from various things I liked there over the years, and I'll get into more of them this winter.

Rgd

Veteran
there will be few photo’s of lambsbread..[LB is green]

because it makes such

”wheat head type flower”/" twigs on stick “cola's that it is depressing after somany many months

however the buzz from it is anything but depressing

Wolverine97

Veteran
I did hit quite a few things with the green male pheno this year (the one the narrow leaflets in the pic came from). Black Afghani, the purple Jamaican female, 78 LA Affie, Sour Diesel (Albany), OG Kush, Grape Lime Skunk, and a bunch of my own mutt creations as well.

Reactions: Rgd

Wolverine97

Veteran
RGD; that's what I found from the wheat head types as well. Pure electric, positive mindset, boundless energy, and a totally clear head. Zero "stone" to it at all. I haven't found one of those in a while, but haven't been looking this past decade or so. I'm just now getting back into my Jamaican stuff... just too many things to run through and not nearly enough time or resources.

Reactions: Rgd

Wolverine97

Veteran
Hey Roms, if you want to try mine out just let me know. Happy to share. I only used the Jamaican males this year, so I'm 100% positive the seeds are all Jamaican genetics.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
@Rgd purple variation of our Lambsbread is due to higher hills and colder night temp i think, a bit less flowering time for them but minimum 16 weeks and not big change with the effects, just a bit less clear.

@Wolverine97 thanks but i think it would be better to see ours in yours hands ! :biggrin:

Wolverine97

Veteran
I'd love to try it out man! I have a deep affinity for Jamaica, in particular the people and the herb. Haven't been there since before Covid, and need to change that soon.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
never finishing wheat head type flower that tasted woody and spicy with a pure electric feel good buzz
This is what I am after. The woody taste and for me pepper, that was my grail smoke long ago. Was a lot more than just electric and clear, super spiritual and tripped out. Got a pack of ColJam and DoubleJam from USC the other day.

Latest posts

Latest posts