What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jamaican "lambsbread"

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Big up to Simon ;) (and @Azaghal thx!)

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Crazy micro jungle ^^ 80x80x180 and 2x 60W LED
IMGP0625.JPG

@SeedySimon's St Vincent are below left and 9 now, i already cut a supposed big male from its stretch. Sexing will come soon...

JLB above STV
IMGP0631.JPG

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
any people know where i can find jamaican lambsread ?

OMG !!!

"Very rare Pure sativa obtained from founder of Spanish seed bank as a personal gift years ago. The Legend has it that the original In-Bred Line (IBL) goes all the way back to King T Solomon, having made it’s way to Jamaica via seeds by non other than H.I.M. Haile Selassie himself. We’ve reproduced this pure and used it in a few new crosses Recommended for the pure sativa aficionado and breeders looking for a true breeding p1 land race to create their own new strains or hit up that treasured clone only."

Richard sells our Vibes Collective line without knowing its free rasta gratis vibes or what (?) Maybe i'm wrong but I think it's from Jahgreenlabel's F4s source, so big disrespect again from Spain? Fuck!

Last edited:
OMG !!!

"Very rare Pure sativa obtained from founder of Spanish seed bank as a personal gift years ago. The Legend has it that the original In-Bred Line (IBL) goes all the way back to King T Solomon, having made it’s way to Jamaica via seeds by non other than H.I.M. Haile Selassie himself. We’ve reproduced this pure and used it in a few new crosses Recommended for the pure sativa aficionado and breeders looking for a true breeding p1 land race to create their own new strains or hit up that treasured clone only."

Richard sells our Vibes Collective line without knowing its free rasta gratis vibes or what (?) Maybe i'm wrong but I think it's from Jahgreenlabel's F4s source, so big disrespect again from Spain? Fuck!
why OMG, I'm not an expert I just want to know where to find it thank you

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very well stated mustafunk, always appreciated your philosophy. So happy you rahan and other vibe members have kept the pure stock alive before it was bottlenecked and contaminated.

Need to have chat

Some people seem to fail to understand that, even nowadays, not everything is subjected to be sold or put a price tag on. Unfortunately, those with a capitalist mindset believe everything in this life has a price. That may work for people who value money over ethics and respect for the community they take part into. But not even all the money in the world could buy certain people's honor, ethics and promise. And that's what really speaks for someone nowadays, where appereance and fakeness seem to rule the world.

Some things are just not for sale and will never be, either because of the value they have for some people or simply because some refuse to cross that line where you start speculating with cultural heritage or other people's work, passion or investment. No one has the legitimate right to sell a gift they've received and has been passing from hand to hand for years. And that's the beauty of it, how for years many different people from all over the world received seeds and always respected that without hesitating or breaking the circle of trust. This was originally a present from Bushman to GrowDan and the other members, and from GrowDan to Rahan, and from Rahan to others friends from the Vibes Collective and so on and on.

Yes, that's it. IMHO the promise nowadays is also about keeping a gift we received from a very special person, away from modern society's and cannabis industry's greed and egos, coming from a community where it was used mostly as a truly spiritual gift. Likewise it's always been shared with those who were ready to appreciate it, embrace it and had a clean soul and a lot of respect for the other members, but especially towards the sacred plant and community itself. Something that is actually becoming as extinct in the present as those oldschool heirlooms themselves. And the funny thing was that those who never asked or seeked it, actually found seeds in their gardens more often than not.

As far as I'm concerned, that promise will continue to be respected, despite in the past some people broke or tarnished it already, either sharing seeds with the wrong people because they no longer cared or respected what they were into once or if there were others who still believed on it, either trading them or selling them out. Even Snow High continues to sell hybrids with it today, without having ever asked anyone for his blessing or even giving any credit to the Vibes Collective for the preservation work or at least those who originally shared the seeds with him, showing his true colors. Rahan discussed about this with me in one of his last messages. Con artists are gonna con, and in the end that also causes people to become more protective and stop trusting others. After all, the Collective precisely collapsed because only a few were doing the hard work while others took advantage and became too self-centered, exploiting all that work to their own benefit without showing the respect expected.

In the past, some members from the Vibes Collective have released their own work with the Jamaican, including Jahgreenlabel, who released both the Double Jamaican and the Colombian Jam through USC. And I think that was great, since few people actually knew, respected or made the plant shine as much as he and some other members did.

On the other hand, I know from several members who still work with it, first one is of course Rahan, who still continues to do his work with the Jamaican to this days and to me he's the first person who should be respected since no one else has put more work on it during all this years, also as one of the original founders of the collective and first curator of this plant. Others are also doing their own works with the Jamaican and I'm sure in the future, perhaps some of those plants could reach and keep inspiring people, like Jahgreenlabel's work did in the past too.

On the other hand, I believe this is what this plant really needs, since it's been suffering too much after generations of inbreeding and careless reproductions. And that's what Jahgreenlabel understood and the reason why he outcrossed it to the Jamaican Blue Mountain 1987, personally collected by Siete during a trip, who was one of the original founders of CBG. Those two plants perfectly complemented each other, since the JBM was a vigorous, tasty and productive plant, with great qualities for the grower, including a better and more contained structure, faster maturing time and so on. A killer hybrid for any NLD lover who wanted to experience the true Jamaican rasta experience in my honest opinion, without experiencing the dissapointment of growing the airy, untamed, intersex prone and endless vintage Jamaican.

This kind of plants could become tools for future, and also those who appreciate the value from its history and the unique traits they could bring to such fatigued genepool of modern Cannabis, either medicinal or recreational.

We are just trying to carry with the legacy we were passed and entrusted:

Plookerkingjon

I don't know there were some of us in our 50s and 60s that used to be done on the coastline between Boston and say Delaware Bay, in fact there's a neat little area of water called the rip with the bay meets the Atlantic Ocean many many bricks many many ships people workers from that beautiful island have brought their own head stashes along with them after two or three seasons coming up to the same area I can assure you that they brought phenomenal lines everything starting from Lamb's bread going to Kings bread for those in the know who know they follow exactly where I'm going I know first hand because I used to play with them when I was a little boy not realizing what I was playing with that labread seed that came from the part of Jamaica my family were getting them from had tiger stripes on them. I'll never forget it, and it was very pronounced it almost looked like those old fatigues the guys war in Vietnam type pattern on the seed casings that's how I always knew back then that it was Lamb's bread

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts