What's new

jamaican "lambsbread"

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Mother F3 of the line i work with, selection by Volcanic and then F4 by Upok from clones, if i remember right only 3 purple moms in the around 20 selection for the F4.

Cture.PNG

IndicaFarmer

Lee Scratch Perry in younger years.

View attachment 18771380
Awesome photo! If anyone else has these rare or obscure early photos of Rastas with plants, post 'em. They are totally the most cool and interesting photos in my opinion. Like taking a trip back in time with a time machine. You can almost smell the landrace weed in the air and feel the cool breeze from the ocean. Nothing more special than this kind of stuff.

IndicaFarmer

I don't know there were some of us in our 50s and 60s that used to be done on the coastline between Boston and say Delaware Bay, in fact there's a neat little area of water called the rip with the bay meets the Atlantic Ocean many many bricks many many ships people workers from that beautiful island have brought their own head stashes along with them after two or three seasons coming up to the same area I can assure you that they brought phenomenal lines everything starting from Lamb's bread going to Kings bread for those in the know who know they follow exactly where I'm going I know first hand because I used to play with them when I was a little boy not realizing what I was playing with that labread seed that came from the part of Jamaica my family were getting them from had tiger stripes on them. I'll never forget it, and it was very pronounced it almost looked like those old fatigues the guys war in Vietnam type pattern on the seed casings that's how I always knew back then that it was Lamb's bread
I believe it is actually camouflage to hide the seed from birds and other predators that may eat it before it can germinate and grow. pretty amazing really. we can learn everything we need to know from nature. if we imitate it well, the fruits are abundant indeed. when we go against nature and its wisdom, we fail, either in the short or certainly long run. man is so damned arrogant sometimes, now more than ever. technology does not have to be just plastics, electronics, computers and the like, there can also be technology just as advanced that utilizes natural materials.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Awesome photo! If anyone else has these rare or obscure early photos of Rastas with plants, post 'em. They are totally the most cool and interesting photos in my opinion. Like taking a trip back in time with a time machine. You can almost smell the landrace weed in the air and feel the cool breeze from the ocean. Nothing more special than this kind of stuff.
output (49).jpg

Plookerkingjon

My neighbors where I grew up in high school his mom Beth was Jamaican and the one of the oldest Sons mkali was 2 years my senior but his brother chunga and I started our cannabis career together, I don't really like public schools for children here in my home country but it did allow me to meet chunga and his family so I could be grateful for that. Chungas Mom's family used to sell Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee and I'll never forget the discussions I would sit back in the backyard and over here about how rare the soil was on that mountain and other parts of the island it's nice to see this video