What's new

It's the CLUBS not the GROWERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I spend less than 1 hour a day on my garden now that things have been up and running for the past year.

1 plant gives me 1 oz. every 2 months.

1 hour a day X 60 days = 60 hours... at $10 an hour = $600 an oz.

If I grow two plants, $300 an oz...

4 plants, $150...

8 plants, $75...

cure and dry time

costs you about $100 a zip.

Selling at $200 is still a double up

First off...I don't wake up for $10/hr--
Also...how about the cost of Materials, Soil, Containers, Nutes, Seeds/Clones, Electricity...etc--
We have a 6000 sq ft Greenhouse for our Collective...last year, when all was said and done, we spent $125,000 on expenses and wages (Not including the Dispensary)--
Still makes good $$...but not nearly as simple as you suggest--:tiphat:

TruthOrLie

Veteran
It might be worth more than $10 an hour to YOU.

But to a payer of inflated prices, $10 an hour is more than fair... especially for a job where you only have to work an hour a day... and maybe 3 days every two months.

satty

I have my MMAR here in Canada , thats make Authorized to Possess from Coast to Coast.
I have 7 compassion club cards from Ontario
and some clubs are charging up to $12. a gm.
But i know for a fact there paying top $ for top quality meds.
The $1600. is for the M39 that is sold on the street, right here...
Most people here would love the chance to purchase top meds
from a club , i think?
Im for the growers , thanks!

Truly sick people get cheap weed almost across-the-board if they are broke, in my experience. This is true in Colorado and California at many clubs, and while I only have street experience in MI, the same holds true even on the street.

Conversely, when broke, sick people need pills, the pharma industry tells them to fucking die; literally. In this way, you won't find a more compassionate industry.

Everyone else is just trying to get high. So I don't accept all the moralizing going on here about what shit "should be" and "should cost." For the healthy, pot is a luxury akin to micro beer. If Founders starts selling their IPA's at 10 a bottle, I'll tell them to fuck off and brew my own. Dispensary buyers can do the same.

Making this a moral issue is a mistake.

Moral issues aside, how much do you expect to get paid to water a plant?
Expect? Nothing.

But I'll do my homework and get the absolute maximum I can, while I can.

Just like every other human being on the planet trying to make a living.

And I don't even water these days. Thanks Blumat, hehe!

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Money is the root of all destruction.

So what I gathering from here is....
The patient should pay more because the grower decided to go big for a living increasing his risk.
Doubling you money is not worth it to the growers.
A grower has more risk than the seller.

If the grower wants to make street level pricing on their product. Dont sell to the clubs. Sell straight to the streets. But the benefit of getting all the product off your hands at one time, is a luxury that dealers who move weight love. In change it moves for a little less.

Then the street level dealers can break it up and nickel and dime their way to a profit. Running all over town, being interrupted for 50 bucks at a time. Dealing with folks you cant trust.

The growers can practice the #1 rule in growing, and really minimize their risk.

Im not saying that the clubs are angels doing it for the love of the plant. But damn.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Expect? Nothing.

When ever I tried to do anything in life with this way of thinking, it has never worked out for me. it wasn't until i realize, that if I looked at what ever i was trying to accomplish as short term, get it while I can. It was just that. What in turn ended up being a waste of time.

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Im hoping to get for my stuff anywhere between 3 to 38.....

Would love to see what everyone is getting these days i just moved to cali so I have no clue of the pricing....

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Expect? Nothing.

well capitalism is a relatively new invention as far as the lifetime of cannabis is concerned

BillHicksLives

You guys are so funny. Cali prices are nothing compared to how we do it in Oregon. You know why they havent made it a business here? cause then you cant tax it! Street prices in metro oregon rarely go over $250, while patient prices are 150/zip MAX. Some clubs sell for 40/8th, but most know they cant so its $25. The cheapest price for meds in the country is right here in oregon. Without buying 10lbs at a time. So if we can make it work, while paying up to 30% in income taxes, then surely someone in the state of California can put up the your outdoor smorgasboard.

707 maybe be a huge producer, but as a former native to the south, i will tell you alot of it gets pushed out on the highways. Rarely does a majority of outdoor stay in a state where the caliber of meds is much higher than anywhere else in the country. And in texas, its 5500/lb for what you expect at the most clubs. If you buy more than 3, then its 4800. ooo.

AND ON THE TOPIC OF GROWER COMPENSATION:
IN oregon, it is merely a relationship between patient and grower. The grower is merely tending them, while the patient is the one responsible for the plants. So it up to the patient to compensate the grower, not the grower trying to get compensated. This creates two problems, crazy growers running away with patients meds, patients coming over and just pulling the plug sayin "k, thx, bai!" This leaves no compensation for the $$$ put in grow, which causes several problems. A long time friend who has a good amt of experience in perpetual growth in oregon says that he can get his costs to about $100/oz of top shelf meds, while outdoor something along the line of $5/oz. THAT IS YOUR STANDARD. GO WITH IT.

You guys are so funny. Cali prices are nothing compared to how we do it in Oregon. You know why they havent made it a business here? cause then you cant tax it! Street prices in metro oregon rarely go over $250, while patient prices are 150/zip MAX. Some clubs sell for 40/8th, but most know they cant so its $25. The cheapest price for meds in the country is right here in oregon. Without buying 10lbs at a time. So if we can make it work, while paying up to 30% in income taxes, then surely someone in the state of California can put up the your outdoor smorgasboard.

707 maybe be a huge producer, but as a former native to the south, i will tell you alot of it gets pushed out on the highways. Rarely does a majority of outdoor stay in a state where the caliber of meds is much higher than anywhere else in the country. And in texas, its 5500/lb for what you expect at the most clubs. If you buy more than 3, then its 4800. ooo.

AND ON THE TOPIC OF GROWER COMPENSATION:
IN oregon, it is merely a relationship between patient and grower. The grower is merely tending them, while the patient is the one responsible for the plants. So it up to the patient to compensate the grower, not the grower trying to get compensated. This creates two problems, crazy growers running away with patients meds, patients coming over and just pulling the plug sayin "k, thx, bai!" This leaves no compensation for the $$$ put in grow, which causes several problems. A long time friend who has a good amt of experience in perpetual growth in oregon says that he can get his costs to about $100/oz of top shelf meds, while outdoor something along the line of $5/oz. THAT IS YOUR STANDARD. GO WITH IT.

good post

K++++ oregon

yeah I think its time to move back

NSPB

I will say this in regards to the moral aspect of things:

The MMJ law in my state was passed and pushed through to law on the basis of compassion and allowing those with debilitating medical conditions to use an alternative form of medicine for the benefit of their health. IF, there is no one out there operating on the basis of which the law is passed...IF those who are sick and need it most cannot get access to TRUE high quality "elite" genetics...the literally medical quality genetics...then the law is nothinkg but a farce. Yes, there is room for moral outcry. When I can produce an ounce of organic connoisseur quality MEDICINE for less than $70...what is greed? What does the patient in NEED deserve? If no one is providing this grade of cannabis to people who need it for less than the cost of their vicodin, perecocet, oxycontin, or valium, zoloft, xyanax...etc....than who is the great evil. Them that no issue being profiteers...or us who claim to be something more, but aren't...

Yes, there is cause for moral outcry.

NSPB

mrktwiz

It might be worth more than $10 an hour to YOU.

But to a payer of inflated prices, $10 an hour is more than fair... especially for a job where you only have to work an hour a day... and maybe 3 days every two months.

screw this, I agree with Bobble......

I will say this in regards to the moral aspect of things:

The MMJ law in my state was passed and pushed through to law on the basis of compassion and allowing those with debilitating medical conditions to use an alternative form of medicine for the benefit of their health. IF, there is no one out there operating on the basis of which the law is passed...IF those who are sick and need it most cannot get access to TRUE high quality "elite" genetics...the literally medical quality genetics...then the law is nothinkg but a farce. Yes, there is room for moral outcry. When I can produce an ounce of organic connoisseur quality MEDICINE for less than $70...what is greed? What does the patient in NEED deserve? If no one is providing this grade of cannabis to people who need it for less than the cost of their vicodin, perecocet, oxycontin, or valium, zoloft, xyanax...etc....than who is the great evil. Them that no issue being profiteers...or us who claim to be something more, but aren't...

Yes, there is cause for moral outcry.

dank.Frank
Like I said, Frank, every truly sick medical patient I've come across gets discounted to free meds of the highest quality. If you're seeing patients going through chemo dropping 20 bucks a gram, speak to it. Have you? I've never seen that in my life. More like 5 bucks, for incredibly strong, delicious indica's with well-established roots in pain management.

mrktwiz

Im hoping to get for my stuff anywhere between 3 to 38.....

Would love to see what everyone is getting these days i just moved to cali so I have no clue of the pricing....

LOL prepare yourself for $2.4 - $2.8 tops, just got back from LA to visit a friend and check on prices down their, actually most were NOT paying more than $2.4 for the TOP triple AAA chronic skull-fuker no matter how much you whined.

Good luck...I am finding that you gotta adapt (read between the lines) to get the price you want or get ready to bend over.

The Phoenix

Risen From The Ashes
Veteran
Believe it or not, a good business model for a SoCal business is to take your product and multiply it x3 the original cost. You might say that a 300% markup is crazy, but after overhead and employees, your lucky to clear 20-30% return on investment. That money is reinvested for overhead to continue to supply the demands of the patients which keeps growing in numbers.

We are not supposed to profit from the med patients anyway, so the goal at the end of the year is to break even, but keep in mind the continual purchases and upgrades to the equipment is the goal with any $ numbers in the black.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Like I said, Frank, every truly sick medical patient I've come across gets discounted to free meds of the highest quality. If you're seeing patients going through chemo dropping 20 bucks a gram, speak to it. Have you? I've never seen that in my life. More like 5 bucks, for incredibly strong, delicious indica's with well-established roots in pain management.

I agree with this--
Those who are truly sick...get very large discounts--
But the other 85% of "Patients"...well...either pay the price, or go grow your own-- I ain't working for free...and I do this as a full time job, so thinking I am going to take 10 bucks an hour, is just plain stupid--
Shit, I could just go back to my old job as a General Contractor, and make my $400 a day--
I have guys that get theirs from me, who have NEVER paid for what they get....they always offer but I never take it, but I make enough off "Stoners", to easily cover the cost of "Compassion":thank you:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Moral issues aside, how much do you expect to get paid to water a plant?
its way more than "just watering".....yea i guess theres no risks from cops or rippers, numerous bills, sacrificing going on vacations and spending time with family because we gotta tend the grow or move harvests....yea i guess we should do all that out of our compassion for free...

and sorry 10 bucks an hour is banana slug shit.....10 bucks an hour is for manual labor that involves little brain power like trimming, cleaning, washing cars....not growing. it takes a ton of money, research, and initiative to set up and maintain a grow. i used to think growing was a walk in the park and easy money and its truely not the case after 3 years doing this....even if it was LEGAL i could still see maintaining a grow being a 20 an hour job if montasanta was hiring garden tenders. and then you factor in the illegal aspect, regardless of medical state law we are all risking federal time...that doubles my estimated wage to 40-50 an hour....and i spend 1-2 hours a day in my garden so i think charging 2500 an LB for indoor meds is very reasonable...

Status
Not open for further replies.