What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's the CLUBS not the GROWERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Cali scene is not even close to being done.....the #'s are off btw...its not 90% of the herb is shwigggel Mcwiggelz ....its more like 98.9% is garbage....if you have any OG that makes your mouth coated with an intense lemony taste....4k all day 5 packs ...and thats @ the clubs ......if your dank is that bomb....shouldnt even need to hit the club scene...your local dealers will beg for your shit....

haha where you getting 4k im only gettin 32! haha j/k im happy with 32 for my OG right now...even though i never sell to the clubs i just break it down to my local friends...and i got GREEN DOTS BABY. give me an extra bill on my packs for my greendots...

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
haha where you getting 4k im only gettin 32! haha j/k im happy with 32 for my OG right now...even though i never sell to the clubs i just break it down to my local friends...and i got GREEN DOTS BABY. give me an extra bill on my packs for my greendots...

32-34 is the number. If they give you 34 it's because they like you. You can say thank you. It's nothing personal, but there's a bunch of top notch herb floating in the Oakland/SF area. If you're a dick, they'll find someone else to buy from. Especially if you're selling multiples. I'm not saying you can't find some person to pay you 4 but if this is their business, they won't be in it for very long. A friend sells Harborside what is labeled OG Headband(not to be confused with any og kush, but to distinguish it from the 707). They used to get 44(two years ago). Then 42,38, and now the price is 34. I'm willing to take 3 if the strain yields well or finishes quicker than 10 weeks. If not I want 32. At the clubs I want 34. I also tend to grow rarer strains for them, and it's only chunky nuggets. No littles. That's not to say I haven't taken less, but I always try and squeeze the clubs for as much as possible.

What kind of prices are you guys getting for your bubble?

TruthOrLie

Veteran
I don't get this. You wake up. You go down the street. You expect to make racks?

Come on man. All you did at this point was put some water & chemicals in a bucket and spread it around for a couple months.

The real _work_ is distributing and marketting the product.

Fools aren't making a mint off MJ just because its good stuff.

Fools are making a mint off MJ because its dangerous.

The less _dangerous_ stuff you do as far as getting the product into the customer's hand, the less you can demand for your product.

I'd like to see you try and tell Harborside, or ANY other club, that you have a higher risk of getting raided and robbed than they do.

Then you can start bitching about getting lowballed.

That's just the nature of business.

Ever watch Pawn Stars?

Guy comes in with an item. Wants 10k, he gets offered 2k, they settle at 3.5k... like clockwork.

Drive it out of town, or out of state... or sell it by the dub. You'll make waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more money.

I really feel that's a pretty ignorant statement. From what I've seen, there's a lot of risk on both ends. But here's how the math breaks down.

Dispensary buys top shelf marijuana from grower - $3200/lb

Dispensary sells eighths at $50 each for a total of $400/oz

Dispensary receives $6400 in gross sales on $3200 of product.

Here's the tricky part for people to remember. Most public businesses operate on about a 140-150% markup.

what you're saying is, because distributors have greater risk of being robbed than pharmacies, Walmart (come on, who HASN'T stolen from there), or any other legitimate business they deserve to mark their product up 2-2.5 times more than anyone else.

That's bullshit. It's called an unregulated union. The distribution network for medical marijuana is very under regulated, and their competition is street distribution networks.

For selling pot on the street, you're absolutely right. the risk is at least twice as high as running a legitimate business. they deserve the higher margin. But, since they're on the street and not in a shop, their customer base is 100 times smaller than a dispensary's. that means that, for every dub a hard working street dealer will sell, a lazy asshole behind a desk will sell 5 with less risk and effort and only a slightly higher overhead. AND they don't have to market themselves in the traditional "party, pound the streets, make connections" way... a HUGE unmarked cost of an illegitimate businessman.

In other words, dispensaries are cashing in on the illegal margin without the illegal risk. Furthermore, they are artificially inflating the LEGAL price of marijuana in comparison to the ILLEGAL price of marijuana. If you're using a risk benefit analysis to justify the situation, you're sitting on very thin ice indeed.

I don't like this trend, but fire still gets 3-32 a pound. I am cool with that.

you can say that again...

but the crazy thing is that the oz used to go for 300-350$ singles

now that same quality is going for 200$ singles in the areas where it used to fetch more without haggle..

scary?

step up:tiphat:

we cant be bitching about not being able to grow gold in the closet..the laws have changed

I really feel that's a pretty ignorant statement. From what I've seen, there's a lot of risk on both ends. But here's how the math breaks down.

Dispensary buys top shelf marijuana from grower - $3200/lb

Dispensary sells eighths at $50 each for a total of $400/oz

Dispensary receives $6400 in gross sales on $3200 of product.

Here's the tricky part for people to remember. Most public businesses operate on about a 140-150% markup.

what you're saying is, because distributors have greater risk of being robbed than pharmacies, Walmart (come on, who HASN'T stolen from there), or any other legitimate business they deserve to mark their product up 2-2.5 times more than anyone else.

That's bullshit. It's called an unregulated union. The distribution network for medical marijuana is very under regulated, and their competition is street distribution networks.

For selling pot on the street, you're absolutely right. the risk is at least twice as high as running a legitimate business. they deserve the higher margin. But, since they're on the street and not in a shop, their customer base is 100 times smaller than a dispensary's. that means that, for every dub a hard working street dealer will sell, a lazy asshole behind a desk will sell 5 with less risk and effort and only a slightly higher overhead. AND they don't have to market themselves in the traditional "party, pound the streets, make connections" way... a HUGE unmarked cost of an illegitimate businessman.

In other words, dispensaries are cashing in on the illegal margin without the illegal risk. Furthermore, they are artificially inflating the LEGAL price of marijuana in comparison to the ILLEGAL price of marijuana. If you're using a risk benefit analysis to justify the situation, you're sitting on very thin ice indeed.

you hit it on the head my man

but you know what
if you take the time to do a little more research you can see there is huge business gap that can be taken advantage of right now that would significantly cut the dominant clubs influence out of the picture..

why do people go to the clubs??

convenience
they dont have to wait around for joe dealer

thats really all it is

so here is what the problem is...

stoners just go with it and are reluctant to change
they'll pay the extra price for the right down the street convenience

what I would like to see is more farmers market type atmospheres
figure out a way to organize growers and farmers
find a way to verify everyone's medical status so they can get on a pre registered list
then have them donate money at the entrance and receive certified stamps that can redeem quality bud

you could even invite the police for security and show how you are creating jobs and eliminating crime...(actually im not sure if the police actually want crime to go away hmm)

you tell me that if we could go do that like once a week..why the F would you go to the clubs? it would definitely make them compete harder for customer business...lol the community needs to be tighter nit and more creative..the laws are allow us to be so lets step it friends..

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
dankyfrank.jpg

That is one hell of an idea. The startup costs for that would be ridiculous compared to a farmer's market, though. there's a big difference between stealing a carrot or two and stealing a fatty cola. And it would never fly in my area... the cops in my area of my state are still fighting the loopholes in the law.

but imagine that. getting a warehouse outside of town, mounting cameras everywhere, asking the cops to come monitor it, and charging $1.02 plus sales tax per stamp at the door, with proceeds after costs going to ganja pie raffles. WOW.

I imagine there's no way that would be within my state's law though. it says that the sale is illegal... would be outside of the caregiver loophole by any stretch of the imagination.

That is one hell of an idea. The startup costs for that would be ridiculous compared to a farmer's market, though. there's a big difference between stealing a carrot or two and stealing a fatty cola. And it would never fly in my area... the cops in my area of my state are still fighting the loopholes in the law.

but imagine that. getting a warehouse outside of town, mounting cameras everywhere, asking the cops to come monitor it, and charging $1.02 plus sales tax per stamp at the door, with proceeds after costs going to ganja pie raffles. WOW.

I imagine there's no way that would be within my state's law though. it says that the sale is illegal... would be outside of the caregiver loophole by any stretch of the imagination.

1. the costs might be a little higher at first compared to a normal farmers market.

2. the weed scene isn't cool or normalized enough to where we could have colas out on the tables like carrots just yet..I mean if the farmers market was more like a farmers circle up in the hills where everyone knows each other and trusts each other than yeah but I see your point. Its gonna take time for the cost to go down for it to get to that point..

3. if it wasn't out like carrots there would have to be a way of making it like a premium jerky stand, where little samplers would be set out for people to break and smell ect

4. sounds like a good plan in a perfect world..sounds reasonable doesn't it? hire the police to actually do their jobs?? right..they thrive on crime so why end it now??

5. the stamps would be exclusive and be able to verify certain amounts..it would have to be something where it was like you got the weed for free almost as a gift for donating. it would have to be a loophole like that or something similar at first until it became more normalized. the stamps could be color coded or something trivial so..example a 50$ donation is two eighths stickers green or a blue 200$ donation = an oz ect ect whatever

it couldn't just be growers setting up stands and selling weed for cash..it would have to be growers verify a set amount of weed that gets to be "given away" and patients just donate to the cause or org that keeps the shows or warehouse going every weekend..

6. Sale is going to be illegal yes..so you have to figure that out, it has to dance around the law a little bit..donation is a key word..non profit is another one...

the question comes down to..who would be dispensing the weed? the clubs are able to "sell" it because they have you sign them over as your caregiver and some of these cowboys just daisy chain the caregiver licenses and grow a bunch of plants or move a lot of weed.

i think the best thing to do would be to get growers or even the clubs to participate in your event..basically you organize the people already moving the weed..everyone meets on the weekend and weed is a lot cheaper or something..the patients still using the caregivers they signed up with but this time the clubs or sellers are all in one area at the same time...weed price drops for a one or two days a week....i like that..

TruthOrLie

Veteran
I spend less than 1 hour a day on my garden now that things have been up and running for the past year.

1 plant gives me 1 oz. every 2 months.

1 hour a day X 60 days = 60 hours... at $10 an hour = $600 an oz.

If I grow two plants, $300 an oz...

4 plants, $150...

8 plants, $75...

cure and dry time

costs you about $100 a zip.

Selling at $200 is still a double up

its already happening

its already happening

golden

Seattle's first cannabis farmers market attracts several hundred Sunday

2014352048.jpg

As at most farmers markets, table after table came stocked with goodies, touted for their locally grown, healthy, organic qualities. Baby boomers in berets mingled with twenty-somethings in dreadlocks, eyeballing potted plants, pasta, pizza, cute little cupcakes and Mason jars full of green buds — lots of jars.
This was not your grandpa's market. It was the first Cannabis Farmers Market in Seattle. And an estimated 600 medical-marijuana patients strolled through the doors of the Little Red Studio in the South Lake Union neighborhood to partake, organizers said.
One patient from West Seattle said she never expected to see anything quite like it, especially at 11 a.m. on a Sunday.
"Not in my lifetime," said Nancy, 61, who didn't want to disclose her last name for privacy reasons. She uses cannabis to ease her chronic back pain and said it was nice to be able to talk to some of the two dozen pot providers on hand about the effects of various strains.
And what strains they were. The purple- and orange-tinged buds sported names such as Dark Vader, Kungfoo Goo, White Widow, Green Queen and God. And vendor names? Among them, the Herban Collective and Delectable Medibles.
Brochures described their qualities in terms that could have been cribbed from a sommelier. The Black Rhino sold at Ken's Medicine Bowl has a "subtle berry scent" and "full bodied fruity flavor." The White Knight features "complex fragrance" with "hints of citrus" flavor.
Proprietor Ken Bell, a patient himself, said he was looking forward to a day when marijuana was legal and he was taxed for selling it.
The idea for the farmers market — first held in Tacoma late last year — is primarily to help patients living in outlying areas connect with providers who tend to run their businesses in larger cities, said Philip Dawdy, a spokesman for the market. Participants were required to provide identification and a doctor's authorization to take marijuana. Because of the vagueness of current state law, and varying interpretations by law-enforcement agencies, Dawdy said, some patients don't have consistent and safe access to medical cannabis.
Market founder Jeremy Miller said he plans to bring the market to Seattle twice next month, while hitting Tacoma and Olympia on the remaining weekends.
Miller said he felt welcome in Seattle, where voters approved Initiative 75 in 2003. The measure made arresting and jailing adults for possessing personal amounts of pot the Police Department's lowest law-enforcement priority.
There was no sign of police Sunday morning at the event. "It's not a big deal," police spokesman Sean Whitcomb said in an interview before the event. "Our priorities are a reflection of community priorities."

edit::: things are moving at light speed people..be the change you want to see, expect to see change..

Status
Not open for further replies.