What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

is this a cal, mag, zinc or some other deficiency

jackspratt61

every plant got about 60/70oz of water with a 1/2 teaspoon of cal-mag

i am using '2' diff ph meters

ec ph in runoff ph in soil
headbanger 200-300 6.7-6.9 5.2-5.3
sd kush 200 6.5 4.7-5.0
purplepunch 2520 5.6-6.1 4.7-4.9
runtz 1550 5.6-6.1 5.1-5.3
sour diesel 420-560 6.1-6.5 4.7-5.1
bx3 700-840 6.3-6.5 5.3-5.5
tha melon 700 6.4-6.6 4.6-5.0

to me.... knowing very little, apparently the ec's on some are low, and a couple are way high. the ph in the runoff's look close ... i am not sure of what to make of the soil ph's...
comments??
Interesting to note the soil ph on the two highest ec plants is basically the same as the lower ec plants. Do you have any of the unused mix you started with that you can test.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Interesting to note the soil ph on the two highest ec plants is basically the same as the lower ec plants. Do you have any of the unused mix you started with that you can test.
ok - my water out of tap is ec 140, ph 7.4
i mixed a batch of nutes, the ec is 1280-1400 , and the ph is 4.6

and here are todays pics

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 55

jackspratt61

i mix up a batch and use it all.. i don't keep any around- but the above numbers is what the last batch was ... the light is a mars fce8000 in a 5x5ft tent, running at about 70pct
N must be matched to the light and that's alot of light. Higher EC is to be expected in feeds. Check each of your inputs for ph.

linde

Much better! That high pH tap water is helping. I'd stick with your fert regiment but cut out the calmag this late into the budding. That calmag makes for some harsh tasting smoke.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Much better! That high pH tap water is helping. I'd stick with your fert regiment but cut out the calmag this late into the budding. That calmag makes for some harsh tasting smoke.
ok... thanks.... the last watering i used a touch, less the half of the dose foxfarms reccomends - i won't use any going forward

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
ok - my water out of tap is ec 140, ph 7.4
i mixed a batch of nutes, the ec is 1280-1400 , and the ph is 4.6

and here are todays pics
I'd say you need pH-Up for cannabis.

That's a tapwater EC of 0.2 (140/700). It has very little buffering capacity, which is why the nutrients' pH is 4.6.

Again, that would not be as bad if the medium's pH buffered to 7.0, from the addition of 2 tablespoons of magnesium lime per gallon of medium.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I'd say you need pH-Up for cannabis.

That's a tapwater EC of 0.2 (140/700). It has very little buffering capacity, which is why the nutrients' pH is 4.6.

Again, that would not be as bad if the medium's pH buffered to 7.0, from the addition of 2 tablespoons of magnesium lime per gallon of medium.
ph up should be here on friday....

goingrey

With a ec 0.2/ ppm 500 (tds) your water is very hard and shouldn't be used. Your meter has already helped to tell your water is too hard to use.
I'm sorry but this is not correct at all. EC doesn't directly tell the hardness of water because it doesn't tell what exactly is dissolved in it but 0.2 EC water is for sure soft.

Edit: oops I see this was already discussed.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I'm sorry but this is not correct at all. EC doesn't directly tell the hardness of water because it doesn't tell what exactly is dissolved in it but 0.2 EC water is for sure soft.

Edit: oops I see this was already discussed.
again i wanta thank everyone for all their assistance... this community is great...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
so my ph up which was suppose to arrive yesterday, has not, and the seller (on ebay), has not responded to my message.... so... since i have to water the plants today, can i use a bit of baking soda to raise the ph.. i just did a check

water out of the tap, ec on the 700 scale , is 200, and the ph is 7.3

since i have not nute'd the plants for almost 2 week, i'd like to feed them... ofcourse the plants with a super high ec, i will not feed this time..

so i put the foxfarms nutes which is called for at 4weeks of flowering , and the ph as expected went down to 4.5 - the ec was between 1680-1920 ... i then added 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to the 64oz of water+nutes, and the ph went up to 6.2... also the ec went wild to 2380

my idea (hope everyone is sitting down) , is to add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to 64oz of water, and reduce the nutes by 25pct to get the ec down into around the1680/1900 which foxfarms feeding sch calls for ... and the plants which already have a high ec on the runoff, just give them the water with some baking soda...

good idea... or....

Three Berries

Baking soda will kill your plants if you keep using it. Use some Potassium carbonate or other pH up. Magnesium carbonate works too though very little is soluble in water but it buffers above 8.0 at max dissolution so it sticks around in the media to react with the low pH content.

linde

I would mix a little lime or dolomite lime in your water and let dissolve then water your plants in this case if your pH is that low. It's slow acting but will help some immediately if dissolved in water.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I would mix a little lime or dolomite lime in your water and let dissolve then water your plants in this case if your pH is that low. It's slow acting but will help some immediately if dissolved in water.
thanks.... thats what i am doing... when i can get to the hydro store , i will get some ph up