What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is there any chance of Harvesting a pure 20-24 week Sativa at 45 degree?

romanoweed

Its probably not worth cause other Reason, cause solar Panels dont produce much when its a cloudy Sky... But i heard somehow when using LAmps directly (with no battery) its more effective in lowpower-situations.. cause alternating-current is more unefficient somehow.. and direct-current-Lamp-Setup would be more efficient

romanoweed

tycho, thanks for the Idea, but my concern for Guerilla and the frenessel-Screen is the angle. You would have to calculate that if you aim that Thing in the main-sun direction then every plane, helicopter could se the Sun reflect in it directly.... Secound Problem is they assumably Focus a sinle hotspot, you could burn the Plants, and i could imagine the whole rays arent at all evenly spread, so i would have to look into, but i guess its basically a big Lens. How you wanna exactly avoid that with a moving Sun??? 3rd Thing, with moving sun you would have to place These around your say single Plant in a whole Line, cause sun moves. To make this Thing move electrically acording sun is too complicated, no way im doing this, and i dont wanna Transport all These Kilos and Squaremeters of glass. I prefere Aluminium foil, its lliiiiiiiiiitle bit smaller and thinner, plus i can Position it in a way that there would be no direct reflections to planes.. Watch my last Setup of it, its the best of them all i think in therms of Reflections.. But thanks for the idea, for installing at home it could be possible, but again have to avoid the spot..troughout day.. how?

romanoweed

picture.php

like that, for shure noneed of so much pannels like here. But just to Show pannels probably place at ground, and probably take away lower branches of Plants to prevent unnecessairy much light to reach Solarpannels.

Im thinking while posting:Its probably better to place Pannels behind vertically at the backside(North-side) of plants in case of reflectivity, regarding planes... Depending if Guerilla or not Just remember: refelectivity-angle to the sun, from Sky..

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Tychomonoloth: please post more of your freaky Projects, its interesting, i wanna see Results, thanx, please more Close up Pics from the Swazi... how would you rate the smoke from the Swazi 1 to 10?

I'll get pics this weekend. I like the Swazi and it's a little trippy for me. But I'm not the smoker in the house. The wife loves to blend it with NL. She says it's a better long lasting high. My buddy won't touch it. It scared the shit out of him. Joint hog deserved it. Lol
Didn't make it to the Swazi. But here's the Honduran. Took a few cuttings today. I haven't touched them all summer.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I had a huge spider's web at the top of one plant. Practically wrapped the whole top flower in silk.

romanoweed

tycho OOOOOh, beautiful! My mainlove are se asians, but this is a Line that astonishsme.. that light green, and These buds wich probably will turn pink purple. mamamiah, preserve, for shure , right..?

St. Phatty

Once I harvested a Haze x NL cross under a Son Agra 430.

It was about a 14 week plant, with real psychedelic up high, like drinking 10 coffee's.

If it can be grown indoors it can be grown outdoors with a little assistance from a light dep set up and or some grow lights.

romanoweed

Oh yes st phatty: you could do that exact Thing: start them Indoors and bring them directly to flowering from Start on, doo this 1,5 monts.... and place them outside at the first Moment where they would stay in Flowering mode (im wondering when this would be, but about middle August for 45 degree North) . Now flower them out.
Adjust Parameters, so that the Sun is strong enough for to make them ripe till the last day. I guess till middle october its ok.
That way your plants dont have to flower out Indoors, so you dont have to fear the Strech at the End, and you have them under expensive Indoorlamps when Little, not big, wich saves alot Money.!
So you start with say 2 x 2 Meters (6 x 6 Feet) Indoors , And probably finish double with 4 x 4 meter(12 x 12 feet) of ripe Plants outdoors.

You pay only less then half Energy bill, but get the double Amount of your actual indoor Roomsize. Your buds have a fuller Flash, compared to just indors, cause half of the time you use full sunspectrum....

How much will 16 weeker Sativa still Grow when directly put into Flowering from Seedling? 1 meter (3feet) ?

romanoweed

here is a Thread with exact the Question: how much will they strech when Flowering from Seed : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51760

Consider: a very lanky Sativa wich stacks up in Budsize rather late might be quiet optimal for this Scenario! : i could move my Plants very Close together, or even "inside" each other with a bit overshoot of Lightpower to compensate beeing inside each other for 2 Months indoors, and place them wellspaced Outdoors for 2 months, when they only really stack up in Budsize.

troutman

Seed Whore
How much will 16 weeker Sativa still Grow when directly put into Flowering from Seedling? 1 meter (3feet) ?

Depends how much soil it has to grow in. More soil than 5 gallons = tree.

Without bending, pruning,etc. it will most likely become a tree.

romanoweed

Hey, my vietblacks (15 weeker) at 1st week August:
picture.php

Same Vietblack at 2nd week September:
picture.php

Fatest bud:
picture.php

Consider, 3 of 8 Vietblacks you see are males, so it Looks all Little thinner than is. Still they didnt really build much bud. I got the Feeling that around one Week earlier from now i should have sepread the Stems more. I got the Feeling they agreed that its time to slow dow Sidebranchstrech Abit cause i waitet that week to Long. Wich i would try to avoid, i dont wanna loose bud..

So i think at 1st Week of September i should have spread them (or placed them from indoors to outdoors regarding my Theorie without slowing Sidebudgrowth) and this was about 7 Weeks after initial Flowering Impulse (end of August).

So yeah, you could eventually grow them very Close like i did, no even much much closer:
picture.php

picture.php
indoors, and gain around 7 weeks. And spread them considerably outdoors

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Dam man, I did a 21 week right on the 38th degrees. And it was a hard fight.

Mine was right next to a Pool so that kept the temp tolerable . Had it clear tarpt about 10 Ft beyond its edge and well above and off the top buds (ventilation; and put grow bulbs in the landscaping light on a timer to give it more sunrise slowly tapering off around Jan 15 and harvested 6 week later

pinkus

Veteran
Is BillyGoat still around ? I knew he And GreatfulHead of Head seeds were messing with the Vietnam black
Pretty sure BillyGoat is gone. I had some of his Arcata wreck beans and they were very nice. He used one of his Vietnamese weed for that cross.

romanoweed

Good Job headband, we Need more sativagrowers! How was the bud, i guess it was equatorial strain, so should been clear uphigh, how was the potency?

romanoweed

Pinkus,
you said Equatorial Strains go into flower only very Close to 12 Hours Day /12 Hours Night, wich is for North, at 23 September. Can go more into Detail? Would you say 3 Weeks before that is a good Date to place my 2 Months Indoor preflowered equatorial Strain outside, and it would shurely not go back into Veg? And if it would happen.. Would the Flowers then fall of? And start some new ones? Im really interested in that Method of Indor Preflowering, and dont wanna waiste Time, but not risk aswell

romanoweed

I wanna know how Sativas look from triggering-impulse on

look, thats Vietblack (wich has 50 Percent Southern Viet, and 50 Percent northern Viet " indica influence") at 2nd Week September ( in foregrounds):

picture.php

picture.php

And showed sex vaguely around 2nd Week August. like shown in next photo:

picture.php

Am i right, that after the Flowertrigger Impulse , Tropical Sativas remain very thin for around a Month, like i Show here in Photo? So that the Apperance is rather like just a Plant in Vegetation?

So , when do you think my slightly Indicainfluenced Vietblacks gotten their full Flowerimpulse?
Around Sex-showing-Date? or slightly before?

All i wanna know is how thin equatorial Sativas remain for how Long, from Flowerinimpulse on, with that question. So that i know if i should really preflower indoors very closely planted together.