What's new

Is there any chance of Harvesting a pure 20-24 week Sativa at 45 degree?

romanoweed

misfitgro, if its a important decision, you could cut one Little Bud, heat it in Ofen for one of this Times showed in this Graph:

picture.php

You see how much thc is generatet trough heating (called decarboxilation) . You see with multiple Times you reach basically the same Thc Content BUT only nearly the same. After 7 Minutes Heating for 145 C/293 F, you get Maximum thc, after 27 Minutes heating for 122 C /252 F you get Maximum Thc just one PErcent Less Thc. So, short is Abit better, but cause of perfect Timing ond heating has to be exact right, i rather would go for 27 Minutes 145 C/ 293 F. Otherwise later Thc falls rapidly like you can see.... Your Buds would do that Decarboxilation themselve for shure after a Week or so, BUT if you wanna know INSTANTLY how your bud Flashes you, even Taste will be bad, this should work, and is nessecary, otherwise you dont have much Thc in your Bud. When done, you can smoke it barely.

I can also read SOMETIMES, early taken Bud can be trippy`ER THAN later taken, but Taste wont be the same, or be unpleasent. Some of equatorial Sativas have an unusual early Harvestdate, when Plant is not having Brown Amber, but thats pure speculation for you Strain. I actually plan to just take mine earlier, cause i want just the Effect, and often one Month before normal Harvest they look same trippy. So i can avoid the dark overcast December. You can ever harvest only a Part if you unsure if it could become stronger later. But i guess they wont without sunshine.. Cutting one Month to early might be a good Idea

Last edited:

misfitgro

@romanoweed, I guess I can’t like a post yet but thank you for the reply. I’ve got a few days before the first slight freeze so I thinking of clipping a bud and drying it for several days. I will try the heat method with a small piece too. I think I’m through with long season bud.

Rico Swazi

Cheapest heat sources for a shed like that would be either a compost pile or some chickens.

I've used straw bales in that space to lay seedling trays on which worked well but they caused dry rot problems despite using a pond liner. The floor is too weak now to support much in the way of solar mass. The plan is to combine the concept of an earth tube placed under a huglebed directly in front of the shed to provide passive heat using a thermal chimney. Thats the plan anyway.

A friend of mine is a guide in southern Oregon and wants to grow a few plants in the off season. He has a nice cabin with nearly 20 ft wall of repurposed windows. A few of us are helping out seeing which plants can handle minimal light and heat best while providing decent returns. Thats the experiment
I can also read SOMETIMES, early taken Bud can be trippy`ER THAN later taken, but Taste wont be the same, or be unpleasent. Some of equatorial Sativas have an unusual early Harvestdate, when Plant is not having Brown Amber, but thats pure speculation for you Strain. I actually plan to just take mine earlier, cause i want just the Effect, and often one Month before normal Harvest they look same trippy. So i can avoid the dark overcast December. You can ever harvest only a Part if you unsure if it could become stronger later. But i guess they wont without sunshine.. Cutting one Month to early might be a good Idea

A few of us are thinking the same as you that the cold weather hastens the ripening or somehow changes the chemical profile of some plants reducing the 'official' time frame by weeks if not more. The Jacks were flipped oct 1st. chop on Dec 15. . Friend has a lemon Thai that has always made for a good trip and the trip worth it. We'll get together over the hollydaze to compare notes

romanoweed

funky horse: im not italian, thats just my Name,

thanx all for the Infos,

just Show more Photos if you like! the latest ones was Abit unclear . olle!

herbgreen

Veteran
THC-A is coverted to THC delta9 in the heating process is this an illustration of that?

Most of the % of THC recorded in cannabis is THC-A

THC-A is non psychoactive but converts to THC delta9 easily w/heat

THC delta 9 is considered the one cannabinoid that is responsible for the 'high' which is debatable w/all the complex terpenes and other cannabinoids

romanoweed

Yes Herbgreen, should be exactly that. Its just a Graphic for that Decarboxilation Thema, showing how much ( vertical) Thc you get in wich Time (horizontal).
In other Words, what it Takes for the Herb to have an Effect . Yes, after one Week this hapens automatically in Roomtemperature, or something. Its actually not all to clear to me, cause then after a week you wouldnt have to heat Weed for making Edibles, right?
But this is where most People agree.

funkyhorse

Romanoweed
I never thought you are italian, I always thought you love eating mamaliga and everytime you get angry you would say pizdamati
I never took pictures in my life and those ones are with a very old mobile phone, cannot get better than that and it certainly beated my highest expectations of me making a picture

About Manchurian: I harvested plants in the wild at different spots in Asia and South America. For me potency is a strain related thing
As I said in the chat with Therevverend, it is an interesting tool for breeding strains for very cold climates. I would cross it with the strongest stuff you would have because Manchurian is light ganja, very mild psychoactivity

From Asia my favourite ganja was Lao.

All southamerican varieties from the 70's 80's are extinct today. Asian too. There were wars that exterminated strains. It would make some very long posts to explain in depth what happened to each strain
In Colombia today all is cripi, the strains from old are all gone. In Paraguay after DEA stablished a base next to the plantations at Pedro Juan Caballero, all you get from there is very low quality

I am running 2 different crosses with supposedly Punto Rojo, one from famous spanish seedbank and another from a famous american breeder and what I see is WLD, Punto Rojo today seems to be just a marketing name
A report from a spanish forumer called Xiskito says the last release of CBG Punto Rojo has 70% hermie males. So if your Punto Rojo is from that batch, what you got is what you should expect from that line if you dont run numbers

From what I am seeing on my test run, it seems the most interesting stuff we can find today is in the form of uncontinued strains which are almost impossible to find or private stuff made from few people that dont offer their work commercially or maybe they do it privately.

From what is available today, there seems to be a special category which I call AD10%T (Always decent 10% trippy) also known as Ratchada strains:
1)Seedsman Original Haze
2)CG 72" USC
3)Tom Hill Haze
4)Coljam

I am testing now Coljam with other stuff. Only after the smoke tests I will know. These are outdoors varieties I am growing indoors.
Maha Kala said the best indoor variety he tried is Mextiza x Sour Diesel but I dont know if it fits the AD10%T category. I believe when people that certainly have a lot of experience and show real passion in their posts point out at stuff that is not commercially available, I believe their opinions are sincere and not commercially biased.
But none of this is commercially available from seedbanks, only privately available. Like in the 20th century, it seems you need contacts to get that stuff. And I am also finding out that seed prices has nothing to do with quality. Prices are arbitrary and emotionally motivated, no logic at all behind pricing. The spirit that was around the cannabis world until 10 years ago is gone.

Are there more strains available today to add to the AD10%T category?

ahortator

Veteran
Hi romanoweed.

I came from here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8726623#post8726623

A friend gave me 3 seeds of Mango Zamal. Only one sprouted after 4 months, by that time it was February. It began to flower in late May and continued flowering along all the summer.

Some Zamal strains are autoflowering, but they grow huge before showing the sex. Sadly the Zamal hybrid I grew seems to be hybridized with Skunk instead the South India as the seedbank claims. The stone was strong for sure but it is not the type of psychoactivity I like.

romanoweed

I thought i heard if you move Indoor Plants Outdoors, they beginn to flower very quickly, is that true?

If so, is the heightend average Amount of Red beeing suspected of causing that?

And could i probably place a slightly transparent Red Plastic over the Plants to Trigger that Floweringphase faster, just from 21 June on for 2 Weeks? probably.. Red sheet would block all Colors other than red, so i get quiet a good Autumn-Simulation. Probably

musigny23

I have grown tropical sativas at 37° in a "Mediterranean" climate for a number of years now. I have never had one go beyond late November. I think a major reason for that is my sandy clay soil gets pretty used up by October no matter what I try to do. The plants flower well but not to full potential. My yields are a bit lower than those with richer better soil whose plants keep on flowering, but it's ok because mine are mature and can be harvested before the worst weather and the coldest shortest days arrive.

romanoweed

i heard in Thailand they often go into flower when Dry Season starts. They have a strong dryphase, then the Plants sense that and are triggered to flower. In marocco they do that aswell, flower in May till August!!
I can imagine if you make the Plants believe they have to flower NOW, then they will , and hurry up atleast Abit. Probably one could get them to produce more Resin erly on.

romanoweed

We asked about autotraits in Equatorial Strains, this is Anwser from another Thread:

hi - yes, as said - it's not a true Auto

I list it in with autos because it's very early

Can't say exactly when it will go into a flower at 40 N, but early

Lebanese, Sinai, Syrian etc. are also listed in the Autoflowering category - in their case because they exhibit variants within their populations that will go into flower even in long days

People are calling this trait "semi-auto" - e.g. going into flower at less than 20/4

And yes ahorator , i also read about Reunion Island has Auto Trait Plants. This would be soo cool to have one of those.

romanoweed

Not for me. I think what you gain in earlyness is what you loose in tippyness, not? Then i rather harvest too early.
I want for Plants to stay pure Equatorials and flower in summer, thats my dream, or acording what im told possible Scenario.

romanoweed

I dont know it, didnt smoke your weed, but if you cross a halluzcinogenic 70s Line with Auto, i cant imagine that you will ever find a hallucinogenic pheno for Long Time. And the amount by wich you gained earlyness, WICH I ONLY WANT FOR THE PLANS TO SHOW ITS FULL POTENTIAL ENABLED BY SUMMERSUN/HEAT , that same Amount i would think you lost the genetic Potential, not?

So you would describe the Autothai as more psychedelic, uplifting, spiritual than an to early taken pure Thai bouth grown in same northern Place?

I mean probably it would be possible if ist super super high degree breed by professors , just extracted the Autoflower-gene , probably there is a Way, but i have firsthand Experience, actually Vietblack is ultratrippy Vietnamese x shortflowering vietnamese Chinastyle Plant. And i just feel the downgrade even with this slightly related China is DEFINITELY there. The Vietblack is tamed, you wont hallucinate no more in many many phenos for a while. Still ok, but..

Description of Vietblack High: feels like bouth now, sometimes there is a trippy happy wave, sometimes theres a weak wave .. so one could question me: cant you still find just the peaking-happywave? I say rather not, its like you cant find a sequence of Waves to really get Your Head out of the stormy Sea.

Last edited:

funkyhorse

Romano, I am doing some experiments
I am flowering indoor and finnishing them outdoors

This is C5 x Sour Diesel
I took it outdoors on day 49, I saw white fly indoors, so it went out for a shower and stayed outdoors
This is how I had it at 49 days:
picture.php

And this 3 days ago at 73 days, it is all milky and I am seeing first ambar. I never could get indoors a plant to show ambar with white pistils

picture.php

This is Coljam/Mike CG72
I took it out at 61 days, seen red mites so out for a shower and out it stayed, outdoors here mites and white flies have plenty of predators, you can see the red pistils from indoors
picture.php

This is at 88 days outdoors, 4 weeks later both plants look like meaty outdoor buds, the red pistils are the ones from indoor. After I cut and cure I tell you if there is any difference in the high with indoor buds

picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I dont know it, didnt smoke your weed, but if you cross a halluzcinogenic 70s Line with Auto, i cant imagine that you will ever find a hallucinogenic pheno for Long Time. And the amount by wich you gained earlyness, WICH I ONLY WANT FOR THE PLANS TO SHOW ITS FULL POTENTIAL ENABLED BY SUMMERSUN/HEAT , that same Amount i would think you lost the genetic Potential, not?

So you would describe the Autothai as more psychedelic, uplifting, spiritual than an to early taken pure Thai bouth grown in same northern Place?

I mean probably it would be possible if ist super super high degree breed by professors , just extracted the Autoflower-gene , probably there is a Way, but i have firsthand Experience, actually Vietblack is ultratrippy Vietnamese x shortflowering vietnamese Chinastyle Plant. And i just feel the downgrade even with this slightly related China is DEFINITELY there. The Vietblack is tamed, you wont hallucinate no more in many many phenos for a while. Still ok, but..
The parents are the same (apparently) Thai and Afghani parents that gave the world Northern Lights. But as we know, Norther Lights are Indica dominant. These are the other side of the pheno mountain and are Sativa dominant. It's why I renamed them Boreal Lights. Here's a thread that gives you all the information you need on them. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=369547

romanoweed

musigny, you seem to tell: poor Soil will cause Plants to flower 2 Weeks earlyer, great easy to do Tactic!!
Thanx for that tip.
I anyway often find clay`y or sandy Soil as a guerilly-grower.

Latest posts

Latest posts