What's new

Is OGK still the most sought after cut(s) on the boards? ?

true grit

Veteran
OG Kush is California strain .... anyone can claim what they want...

Black Sunday came out in 1993 aka Soul Assassin Crew...

B-Real's linked up with the Sureños who touch more cannabis than anybody else in the game ...

There were dudes from the Sureños going to Amsterdam and buying Thousands of dollars in genetics and growing them all outdoors in Mexico...

Florida and Hawaii lol

This sound closest to what ive heard. My homie is a respected breeder from back in the day and says he gifted Neville several kush genetics in the 80s (kush4, maple, etc) and said they were already throwing some OG'esque phenos then before being worked. So by late 80's they were already working OG kush phenos, said the introduction of lemon thai was early 90's so then folks start geting lemon pinesol OG's. He also has been gifted some OG from surenos that he said was best he's had. I just started to pop a few s1's from that Fire cut, and results are definitely solid OG dank- just need to find the right pheno.

@Stash fwiw I swear ive seen Orgnkid stuff called OGer Kush too. Didnt bother looking but swear ive seen the same thing over the years

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
funny because all of the south siders I ever knew only fucked with brick, and when they did have chronic it was always pretty standard...the only heads that had the real ass fire consistently were the white snowboard/skateboard crowd...

that's just speaking from my experience growing up in so cal, not that it means much but when og exploded on the scene here(2000-ish) it seemed like so cal was the only place that had og, every where else I went either never heard of it or had some fake ass non og being called og.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
funny because all of the south siders I ever knew only fucked with brick, and when they did have chronic it was always pretty standard...the only heads that had the real ass fire consistently were the white snowboard/skateboard crowd...

that's just speaking from my experience growing up in so cal, not that it means much but when og exploded on the scene here(2000-ish) it seemed like so cal was the only place that had og, every where else I went either never heard of it or had some fake ass non og being called og.

most of that OG in socal back then was coming from the 707. you didn't see it much in norcal because they sent it down to LA

L

Luther Burbank

"Probably got some White dudes in the mix being the brains behind a operation so shit gets done quality."

What?

milkyjoe

Veteran
Yea...racist much?

Honestly though what I want to know is what do people value more than og. Those are the ones I wanna take a peak at.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Not racist, I just made a observation, and said a probable guess. I love spanish females, and everything about their culture/race.

They got shit from Amsterdam, and brought to Central America to be commercially worked for the US... THey are basically getting the genetics from white people in Amsterdam, and the largest intention is marketing it to Americans (majority is white/Tourist/etc.
Just saying it was genetics from Amsterdam, and probably grown or organized by someone from Amsterdam they payed to advice.

Cali has some crazy herb, but I have to give Europe its credit.
Regardless of anything the most important part is that all of these great strains today are possible because of a global sharing/spreading effort, and it is all beautiful.

I think the genetic pool we have already, what is being collected/created/preserved is GREAT, and we don't have anything to worry about. The next 5 years should be amaaazing, and many discoveries/inventions are guaranteed. MJ is going to enhance human society vastly I believe.

Last edited:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
most of that OG in socal back then was coming from the 707. you didn't see it much in norcal because they sent it down to LA

I couldn't deny that as being a possibility at all(especially considering I only know my personal experience with it). my old connect used to do the so cal to arcata mission a couple times a month, but he was a year or two behind other local buddies that were getting og straight outta LA/san Fernando...at that time there was a lot of trainwreck/urkle/afghani/afpak/diesel/etc. coming from the homie that grabbed in arcata

fwiw I don't consider that fact that the white snowboard/skateboard crowd consistently had the fire to be a racist statement, I just calls um like I sees um...if I wanted the super dank back then I had to head up the mountain.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
fwiw I don't consider that fact that the white snowboard/skateboard crowd consistently had the fire to be a racist statement, I just calls um like I sees um...if I wanted the super dank back then I had to head up the mountain.
im pretty sure that you werent what people were referring to.

mtntrogger

Veteran
This is strange, my seeds are mostly old. I have asked old freinds about the background of Ogers Kush and if they know they aren't saying. All I was told is that the male that was found and used was very special. It's a top strain and still wildly used in other circles. I hold seeds: Oger Kush S1, Oger Kush clone x Oger Kush and Oger Kush F3, F4. I've had these seeds mybe 10yrs. If I ever find any info I will post it. Later, Stash

Hey Stash, I bet those seeds have some gems hiding. My guess would be you have an early cut of "og", the other possibility being Sensi star like a couple of others have mentioned.

mtntrogger

Veteran
This sound closest to what ive heard. My homie is a respected breeder from back in the day and says he gifted Neville several kush genetics in the 80s (kush4, maple, etc) and said they were already throwing some OG'esque phenos then before being worked. So by late 80's they were already working OG kush phenos, said the introduction of lemon thai was early 90's so then folks start geting lemon pinesol OG's. He also has been gifted some OG from surenos that he said was best he's had. I just started to pop a few s1's from that Fire cut, and results are definitely solid OG dank- just need to find the right pheno.

@Stash fwiw I swear ive seen Orgnkid stuff called OGer Kush too. Didnt bother looking but swear ive seen the same thing over the years
I think your on to the truth here. I kept hearing the Orgnkid thing and that bog had gifted him beans. And also the lemon thai thing, I have grown a dozen strains that are Og based crosses , most had that slight lemon funk with a strong chemmy hashy flavor, that varied depending on the cross

t99

Veteran
Stash,
I don't know any history about OG other than what's on line, but I do remember reading about a few people having a cut around 99, early 2000's, they called OG'er that was supposed to be O.G. kush. It's mentioned on the A Dunn podcast about OG. Don't know anything about your beans, though.

Croptober

Just trimmed up two different OG's yesterday not sure which cut but they both had super dense golfball sized nugs which reeked like a lemon citrus gas that I could smell walking up to the house. I love OG I could smoke it all day long, so I would have to say yes it is still sought after.

Even my girl calls cookies chickweed

Lol, every girl that's smoked my animal cooks, never wants to touch it again on account of it putting them down for the count. So either, ur cut is not legit, the grower needs to dial it in, or u got a huge stoner gf.
Cookies can be a lot of things, but chickweed is not one of them.

Stash

Thanks everyone for the help. I'm thinking the only thing to do is to get someone that knows the OG and have him/her grow some of these Oger Kush seeds and then let us know. Later, Stash

Cannavore

Veteran
Thanks everyone for the help. I'm thinking the only thing to do is to get someone that knows the OG and have him/her grow some of these Oger Kush seeds and then let us know. Later, Stash

Those Yeti OG F2's you got from me should yield some interesting OG plants :biggrin:

And I'm pretty sure ive read OGers are orgnkid OG S1's.
Connoisseur Genetics uses an OG S1 from orgnkid in a few of their works

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I'd consider cookies to be chick weed also, very mild effects(not blackberry placebo weak)...it's a lot of fun to look at though...not even close to a heavy hitter like og in terms of potency, or flavor and smell for that matter...OG is still the reigning champion, and that isn't likely to change for some time.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
so much OG kush drama right now lol, its pretty funny to see grown men acting like children…

also beef between koma/rascal about the Fire OG, and between ogkushman and TLC over the "uncirculated"

FUCK OG KUSH CUTS! i dont care where they come from, as long as the cut has that flavor!

hey whadeez you still got that SFV?

I've still got the SFV prop.....

I haven't chimed in on their little instagram beef, but I originally made the joke about the Uncirculated OG and called it the Recirculated OG(since he asked a friend of ours not to pass it out)...Then after he got all sensitive about it I joked to Prophet that I should have called it the Uncircumcised OG(since he's Jewish). I then saw TLC make a joke about that. I don't get involved in petty beef. I just had to laugh, because I don't want anyones OG cuts. Who cares at this point? If you live on the west coast and don't have a good OG, I'd have to ask if you've been living under a rock.

I want old school strains like the Herijuana, Arcata Trainwreck, Bullrider, AfPak, etc...

I've been blessed with all the new selections from my friend. So I'll be running trays of the Dosido, FloG, MendoBreath, etc... in my new winter flower room. I've also got a nice seed run going right now of the Bayliens, Vietnam Black x Thai, Orient Express, Grandoggy Purps, Blue Moonshine, and two crosses I made myself.

I saw some really nice herb in Denver, but I didn't get to try it. It was just the cookies crossed with the White. They called it Wookies. Most of what I saw out there was trash(no disrespect).

I'm not even sure what people want on the boards anymore.

In my stable I've got Banana, Tangerine Diesel x Plushberry, Chem D, SFV OG, SSH, 4SD, OGKB, Blue Dream, and ironically I don't have the Forum cut anymore or the Animal cut :)