What's new

Is is me or do some growers in Cali actually not want pot legalised??

immaculate

I will thanks oh I dont have to pay taxesI grow my own

Hey man, I really hope for your sake this bill doesn't pass. If it does, I hope it is true that you have a university education and can find a niche in the working world. If this is not the case and this bill passes I just want to give you my condolences now and best of luck. People like you are gonna be the first ones to suffer so horribly from the passing of this legislation.

immaculate

So while you worry about prices, genetics and quality, stupid me was thinking... I dont want to loose my house, my job my kids, my freedom....

You might have your legal weed long enough to see your daughter get to college. Then your "freedom," your "house," your "job," and "your kids" will be a thing of the past as you know it...

immaculate

I don't understand all this "strains will be gone" Kill gene" "no more potency"
Monsanto going to come and take my seeds and breeding stock away?
Yeah right

So you really don't believe that Big Government and Big Business control you? You don't believe that everything you think is decided for you? You don't see how the world you live in has been created for you? 4 companies own all of the food in your average grocery store all across the U.S or 80% of the food industry......

Spiritchild

Y'all need to listen to Immaculate. Sooner or later you will have to wake up. Sooner is easier. Go to infowars.com and learn about the illusionary bubble you live in. The average person has been told he/she is free. That is a lie. They think, say and do what they are told. They believe the fantasy that is television and movies. The bubble could burst any time. Food and weed might be the only "money" you've got. You're worried about your house? HAH Be worried your kids will starve to death. Be glad you know how to grow stuff on the sly.

Toyot4

So you really don't believe that Big Government and Big Business control you? You don't believe that everything you think is decided for you? You don't see how the world you live in has been created for you? 4 companies own all of the food in your average grocery store all across the U.S or 80% of the food industry......

Have you ever drivin across central california? Please explain to me how all the food in my local store is owned by four people... Farms upon farms for miles and miles all owned by many different individuals all getting their slice of the pie.

How can genetics disappear, explain this? quit avoiding questions to your silly logic.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Yes I really don't believe that anyone exerts any true control over me.
Everything I think is decided for me? WTF?
Although I do believe the world I live in was created for me, I am the center of the universe you know.

And what does that have to do with monsanto taking my seeds that I already have away from me like I said in the post you quoted?

So if this passes the price for a pound will still be close to 2K for indoor as far as I can see. 800 per pound tax (fixed) plus paying for lights, nutrients, growing media, and then your time. I do a small 400 watt deal in my closet, so can someone that does fair size grows chime in on the actual cost of producing, a pound of AAA quality MJ? The tax is fixed right, so at some point people could be paying 100% tax? I'm for legalization but against this tax. If the tax was say a percent of the price paid like 10%, i would be OK with that because as the price drops so would the tax but man 50.00 per Z is insane, if this passes I see the black market doing just fine, how will a dispensary compete with some one if they sell a pound to a dispensary and then sell another pound on the black market. You will have an automatic 800.00 per pound advantage. Plus if legalization happens LEO will probably just say fuck it when it comes to MJ as I don't think they want to start getting into tax issues. I could be wrong but I don't see the black market for MJ ever going away as the tax they want to collect will keep everyone in business.

Anyone remember that weeds episode where the cop says " fixed payment or % of gross" and they fuck up and say %. This is what the state is fucking up on here.

The 'Corporatists' Who favor Big Tobacco Over the common man call us 'prohibitionists'. That's funny! IT'S LEGAL NOW AND NOT A SINGLE ONE OF US WANTS TO REPEAL OUR CURRENT LAWS! IT'S LEGAL NOW! AND WE WANT TO KEEP IT THAT WAY!

Which one of us growers who are against this shity Big business legislation wants to repeal S.B.420 and or, CA prop 215!

Can't find one of us who does, can you! THAT'S WHAT A PROHIBITIONIST WOULD WANT!

I think what is at the root of this is "HATERS" pure and simple! For what ever reason: 'they don't have enough space', they don't have the time because they are trapped in a dead end job', 'They are too lazy and lack the motivation', 'NO FUCKING TALENT'!- Whatever!

They would rather see the billions of $ go through Corporate America's hands than the "COMMON MAN'S"! I can't think of a single other motivation than HATE!

I keep hearing them speaking about the 'BIG' money that we growers are all supposed to be making! EL OH EL! As I said before, YOU PEOPLE MUST STILL BE WATCHING 'MIAMI VICE'!!

I think it says more about the 'Corporatists' than it does about us growers who are against this CRAPPY CORPORATE LEGISLATION! I MEAN REALLY WHY ARE 'YOU' CORPORATISTS THE ONES WHO ARE SO UPSET ABOUT HOW MUCH $ GROWERS ARE CURRENTLY MAKING?

I GUESS BECAUSE WHEN YOU HAVE REDUCED OUR ENTIRE ART AND CULTURE TO SOMETHING WITH A SCAN BAR ON IT, BIG BUSINESS IS GOING TO REALLY TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU!! RIIIIGHT! TOOLS!!!

In the end I think this legislation will pass. Never once have I even entertained the idea that some hater would ever be convinced otherwise! JEALOUSY IS A BITCH!

But I think what is the most disgusting part of it is the way they try to cover their 'hating' up with some supposed 'concern' for the people who are being locked up ! EL OH EL!

IT'S ALREADY LEGAL! YOU CAN DO ALMOST ANYTHING RIGHT NOW UNDER OUR CURRENT LAWS IF YOU HAD HALF A BRAIN!!!!!

ALL YOU ARE DOING IS CHANGING WHO GETS THE $$$! FROM THE COMMON MAN TO THE CORPORATE WALL STREET DICKHEAD WHO COULD GIVE A FUCK ABOUT OUR CULTURE!

Kalicokitty

Veteran
I said this a few times before, I'm in a semi ass backwards state, no MMJ even, nothing will change for us anytime soon if this passes, my hopes are that it will help us get to where cali is now, MMJ, I would love the way things are there to be here, legalization here? Not for a long time from where I'm sitting, I just want things to lighten up a bit for us, tired of laying ultra low.
Far as a tax goes? I would comply with it to all apperances, but still do a big low down side business tax free, f**k it's all low down now, I would just like the chance to breath a little easier where I am.

@ Richard Gozinya. I respect your comment. And I can see you have really thought it out.

But when you say that the "Black market" will always be there, I wonder if you thought about all the 'moonshiners' of the 20's & 30's. They all believed that they could produce the 'superior product' and stick around.

Also, I live in So. Cal. Where could I purchase some liquor on the "black market"?

IT'S ALL BEEN TAKEN OVER BY CORPORATE AMERICA! THE MOONSHINERS HAD THEIR OWN CULTURE AND CRAFT. KNOWLEDGE THAT WAS HANDED DOWN FOR GENERATIONS.....IT'S ALL GONE!!

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
I said this a few times before, I'm in a semi ass backwards state, no MMJ even, nothing will change for us anytime soon if this passes, my hopes are that it will help us get to where cali is now, MMJ, I would love the way things are there to be here, legalization here? Not for a long time from where I'm sitting, I just want things to lighten up a bit for us, tired of laying ultra low.
Far as a tax goes? I would comply with it to all apperances, but still do a big low down side business tax free, f**k it's all low down now, I would just like the chance to breath a little easier where I am.

I understand what you are saying but keep in mind we have to think long term here.

And we all know what happens "long term" once the government takes over FULL CONTROL.

I feel you Kalico. I have relatives that did time in Montana. I would just like to preserve what we have here, and spread our model across the nation. To a state like yours so no one ever has to go to jail. Peace.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Again, that's where Phillip Morris' love comes from! Where are the Moonshiners of the 20's and 30's who claimed their product was too 'refined and superior' to be massed produced? WHERE ARE THEY?! They could never have imagined how lucky we are right now! By not being completely legal- the prices remain high enough to provide a living. By applying and using the laws that exist- NOBODY HAS TO GO TO JAIL!!!

can I assume you never heard the story of jim beam then? guess what his family did....

I think there is something called jim beam nowadays but don't quote me :)

Kalicokitty

Veteran
I understand that, but I honestly think the window will close for making decent money from growing in about 5 years everywhere once there is some type of goverment regulation, I don't think it's possible to maintain the culture and legal climate you have out there indefinatly, if not this bill, then another, and not to far in the future either.
I think everyone needs to set themselves up to make as much money as possible during this transition period (5 years for the nation once something passes) and get ready to take your earnings and transition into some other line of work and back to just hobby growing.
I look at cali like a goldmine that's almost played out, but the other states are still mines where people can make their fortunes(well, little reasonable size fortunes) if they act fast.
One way or the or the other things will end, and we'll talk about the good old days like the ex moonshiners.
I do see both sides here, and I think this bill is the begining of the end for things as we know them now, but the window of oppurtunity to make yourself a little stake in life has not closed yet, and won't for a while.
This of course is all IMO.

BORNaSMOKER

All the cash aside, it would be better for everyone if it was leagal!

If you are good at growing weed there would still be a need of quality mj so you would be well within your rights to set up your monster grows legally. If you like being dodgy/underworld as someone said earlier and having to hide from your neigbours then your a very sad individual IMHO!

You don't need a degree to get on in life you just need to be good at what you do (if your not good at what you do find something else to do). That's just lame excuse for someone who's to lazy or stupid to sort shit out for themselves.

Surely if you can grow quality weed though, you'd beable to scale up and make a real business out of it - who knows maybe you'd be the starbucks of weed originatring in cali. What I'm saying is with the amount of experience/knowledge as an individual/community amassed between us we'd have the edge when it comes to leagaizing.

As an end thought,

Whatever you say about your personal finances....

EVERYONE SHOULD BE FREE TO SMOKE/GROW HERB IF THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT, END OF!!

Kalicokitty

Veteran
I feel you Kalico. I have relatives that did time in Montana. I would just like to preserve what we have here, and spread our model across the nation. To a state like yours so no one ever has to go to jail. Peace.
Good to see that people are starting to see both sides and other positions instead of just calling names and getting angry.
I would love what you guys have there now to be here and everywhere, that would be the perfect world for me.

Cute MEDMAKER420! If you had read my posts I actually mention the few who were actually able submit to the Corporate formula. Give me 30 moonshiners who were able to make the transition. Just 30.

Like I said before, my son thinks he doesn't need to go to school because he's going to be a Rock Star. Although I would never shatter his dreams, I'm going make sure he gets a good education!! EL OH EL!!

Kalicokitty

Veteran
Surely if you can grow quality weed though, you'd beable to scale up and make a real business out of it - who knows maybe you'd be the starbucks of weed originatring in cali. What I'm saying is with the amount of experience/knowledge as an individual/community amassed between us we'd have the edge when it comes to leagaizing.

As an end thought,

Whatever you say about your personal finances....

EVERYONE SHOULD BE FREE TO SMOKE/GROW HERB IF THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT, END OF!!
Absolutly agree, the stars will shine, some will rise to the top and begin family dynastys, but the vast majority will not, so I say to them get ready for something else, make that money while you still can, and don't spend it on a ferria, SAVE IT.

Latest posts

Latest posts