What's new

Is is me or do some growers in Cali actually not want pot legalised??

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
sick i and others have explained repeatedly

MEDICAL LAW WILL BE UNAFFECTED BY THIS BILL

NATIONAL CORPORATIONS WILL NOT RISK RICO PROSECUTION UNDER FEDERAL LAW FOR THE RELATIVELY SMALL PROFIT THEY WOULD MAKE IN CALIFORNIA WITH THEIR INFERIOR PRODUCT

stop fearmongering with your "big corporations" boogeyman

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
hammer there is no public record of "land" purchases by rj reynolds other than 6 offshore oil leases 1 geothermal power facility and 1 biomass power facility (the later is now defunct)

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Yeah that's right Big Tobacco just wants to help you.....

EL OH EL!

where did i say that?

or is that as close as you can come to refuting the fact that there is no way in hell that any multinational corporation would risk everything on the pennies they could make in cali?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hammer there is no public record of "land" purchases by rj reynolds other than 6 offshore oil leases 1 geothermal power facility and 1 biomass power facility (the later is now defunct)

Ya I could not find it iether but someone I trust posted that a big tabaco company bought allot of land in chico he would not say the name of the company

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
where did i say that?

or is that as close as you can come to refuting the fact that there is no way in hell that any multinational corporation would risk everything on the pennies they could make in cali?

Oh c'mon, pennies are disingenuous at best. Even hemp would be a multimillion dollar industry. Weed would be in the billions.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Oh c'mon, pennies are disingenuous at best. Even hemp would be a multimillion dollar industry. Weed would be in the billions.

the profit

net net profit for the shareholders vs. risking the entire business in a political climate hostile to business in general and their business in particular?

fucking pennies

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I disagree (hey this is fun!) but I do that a lot.

For every problem that you feel will impede business, money will be the solution.

Bad rep?

Expensive PR campaign.

No medical benefit?

Expensive research labs with big grants.

Crappy product?

Offer a smart guy who know weed inside and out, pay him a fortune and buy seeds from wherever.

Permit and contract issues?

Expensive lawyers.

Legal challenges?

Expensive lawyers by the dozen,

Federal Legal challenges?

Expensive lobbyists in Washington and Sacramento, campaign contributions, etc...

Whatever you think we have, they have more.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Besides, stockholders will take the risk for the big profits, as everyone will make money until Cali elects someone who will repeal it.

Remeber this state is not entirely liberal, Prop 8 passed for pete's sake!

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
i just wanna be able to grow my own in the safety of my own home and smoke in peace likewise.

most people that are upset over legalization are jsut not what they need to be and that buisiness people!!!! stop bitchin and get your game up "hustler" !!! so what, you go from duckin and runnin' in backways ans sideways to having to actually give count for whats going on!!

i grow my own so the hell with ya'll anyway

ahh yes the day is soon to come where when you have company over you can not only offer them something to either eat or drink but something to smoke as well

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Dont worry about me and my game, I plan on being one of the few survivors. For the record, I'd be glad if I was wrong and larger economies don't experience major hardships!

Economically at least: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I understand and apreciate the good things this bill will accomplish. I do worry that I haven't seen any news articles stating that anyone will be released from jail. After all, who is in jail for posession of under an ounce?

You're off by a magnitude of 10.

no i'm not those figures are measured using the same method for the darfur casualties and i dont hear any objection to that? keep believing everything is alright. only a fool trust government reported casualty figures and even the hardliners accept the 625,000 figure as accurate so you can scale up from there to find the truth.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
The TC2010 bill states for posession limits:

Section 11300: Personal Regulation and Controls
(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, it is lawful and shall not be a public offense under California law for any person 21 years of age or older to:
(i) Personally possess, process, share, or transport not more than one ounce of cannabis, solely for that individual’s personal consumption, and not for sale.

I don't see anything in there about more being allowed inside a premises.

Here's the entire bill:

http://www.taxcannabis.org/index.php/pages/initiative/http://www.taxcannabis.org/index.php/pages/initiative/

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
It also appears that individual counties and cities can allow more than a 5X5 area if they want. I'm sure some counties will, and many won't. I wonder how many millions of dollars it will take to pay a mayor to change those limits for a corporation?

dude you are paranoid. I have a perfect solution for ya. Move to another country see how you like it.

wow can't believe you said that . people like you still exist? especially on a marijuana forum. jeez

marijuana used to be a symbol of individualism, outlaw culture, freedom. now it is evolving into another commercial marketing gimmick meant for the accumulation of wealth into the same groups who are selling us 0.03 cent hamburger patties and the awesome cool lifestyle associated with drinking! change is inevitable but i can still be disgusted by the mass consumerism eating up every part of life. i have no solution! other than burn down the walmart and take back the wilderness

Latest posts

Latest posts