What's new

Is is me or do some growers in Cali actually not want pot legalised??

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I asked you to name 30 storys of former monnshiners that made it by switching over and conforming to the corporate model. Why would modern yuppie microbreweries be included in that?

because those yuppie micro brewers are pretty much what you would consider us currently. We have big boys in this game currently and the rest of us ARE currently small fish.

most of those moonshiners you speak of were happy selling to their friends and families and those around them that they knew just like how many currenly do that with weed. There were others who thought bigger and better and expanded their market reach and became larger than life. Of course many dropped out of the market because they were never really in the market to begin with but rather unloading on those in their circles.

It isn't the profanity It's the intolerance. LIKE WE SAID, WE HAVE OPINIONS AND WE CAN DISCUSS THIS CIVILY. I THOUGHT YOU WERE ON BOARD WITH STICKING TO THE ARGUMENT AND REMAINING CIVIL? 'itisme' doesn't want to debate, he just wants to use AD Hominems and ICONS!

medmaker420

Veteran
It isn't the profanity It's the intolerance. LIKE WE SAID, WE HAVE OPINIONS AND WE CAN DISCUSS THIS CIVILY. I THOUGHT YOU WERE ON BOARD WITH STICKING TO THE ARGUMENT AND REMAINING CIVIL? 'itisme' doesn't want to debate, he just wants to use AD Hominems and ICONS!

well the best way to end that is to continue with the discussion versus falling into the back and forth. An opinion is everyones to give as are the words they choose. Many speak from the heart and this entire discussion is important. There is anger, love, fear among many other feelings that comes with REAL discussions and debate.

Why do they tell us to never talk about religion and politics? Because people will always have different opinions and can cause arguements. I would worry more when no one cares anymore and the debating just stops. Just as long as no one starts trash talking wives and kids, I think we will all be ok.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is what I found Lazy. They use the 5X5 sf. If you are within his 5x5 whatever is in this plot is legal to possess

Quote:
Section 3
(iii) Possess on the premises where grown the living and harvested plants and results of any harvest and processing of plants lawfully cultivated pursuant to section 11300(a)(ii), for personal consumption.

and here

Quote:
Section 11304 iv) In determining whether an amount of cannabis is or is not in excess of the amounts permitted by this Act, the following shall apply:

(b) living and harvested cannabis plants shall be assessed by square footage, not by weight in determining the amounts set forth in section 11300(a);

So what that means is as long as the plants are grown in your 5x5 then you can legally possess the results of the harvest. hope that's what you were looking for.

itisme

Veteran

I want to debate but you put me in the same sentence as big tobacco and have never made any sense of it. You never stated why you want it illegal other than your $$$ concerns.... Your not experienced in here, your just here so you can bitch about your cash flow taking a hit.

You haven't preached about any GOOD ASPECT of keeping it ILLEGAL except for the market place.... Your not here to debate your here to cry about about 1.000,000 getting OUT OF JAIL FREE CARDS that they TRULY DESERVE more than you deserve the right to make profit off the same thing that put them into jail!!!!

NOW DEBATE THAT!!!!

No 'medmaker 420. With all due deference and respect, I wouldn't "consider us currently" to be those microbreweries.

Unless you got rid of all the all the large 'macro'breweries like Anheuser Busch, Coors etc. that control, directly or indirectly, 90% of the market. Then that would be analogous to, or come closer to, aproximating where we are at now in California.

Medmaker420 & kalicokitty it has been a pleasure. Discussing this with you. I got to be at work at 11. A 'money hungry grower' like me who, acording to 'itisme, is praying to have everyone locked up, has to get in his 1999 ford truck and go to work at an honest job.

peace.

medmaker420

Veteran
No 'medmaker 420. With all due deference and respect, I wouldn't "consider us currently" to be those microbreweries.

Unless you got rid of all the all the large 'macro'breweries like Anheuser Busch, Coors etc. that control, directly or indirectly, 90% of the market. Then that would be analogous to, or come closer to, aproximating where we are at now in California.

I guess that all depends on how big of a micro brewer you currently are then. I think anyone who is doing even 1lb a month would be considered a micro brewer in the sense that I was writing in. Assume $3k wholesale - $5k+ retail, that isn't terrible to do or hard to move.

As far as the big business beer distro's, they were small, got bigger, got bigger and got bigger. Nothing wrong with that. Are you trying to tell me that if you were able to make it big and corner a market you wouldn't because it might reduce the profits of those who didn't have your marketing savvy?

The growers who supply all the clubs especially those who supply MANY up and down the state is what I would consider budweiser to be currently. The clubs themselves are like our liquor stores in a sense who have a retail store front (in a sense) and they make decent money as well. Those who go in with 1/4lbs on up each week/month what have you (like many of us) would be consider micro brewers in that sense.

Too bad! Before I go I just noticed 'itisme' crying again. Debate what? I've been ignoring your shrill hyperbole for a while now.

medmaker420

Veteran
Medmaker420 & kalicokitty it has been a pleasure. Discussing this with you. I got to be at work at 11. A 'money hungry grower' like me who, acording to 'itisme, is praying to have everyone locked up, has to get in his 1999 ford truck and go to work at an honest job.

peace.

that last part was the only thing I don't get. Honest? Most honest jobs that people work in are FOR big business corps. Withouth those who continue to expand their business may would be out of jobs.

an honest job to me is anything that makes you money without screwing over or stealing from others.

there are plenty of honest jobs growing

eitherway

nice chattin it up

on topic now

what I want to know or wonder about is the seed breeders themselves. If it is legal wouldn't you think greenhouse and other big boys would open up shops across the states?

Ok "itisme" before I go. I would like to respond to that. As I said before IT IS LEGAL! WE WON!

NOBODY WITH HALF A BRAIN HAS TO GO TO JAIL!

READ OUR THREAD!

WHILE YOU WERE ASLEEP WE COVERED A LOT! IT'S LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY WITH YOU! I HAVE TO GO TO WORK!

I DON"T LIVE IN MY MOMMIES BASEMENT OR MAKE TONS OF CASH ON SUPPLYING MEDS.

CIAO!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
"More" meaning what, 10-25% more? 50% more? 100% more? (than $50/oz)? No thanks any way you put it.

"No one" including economists and folks who actually understand the correlation between supply & demand, and also understand what keeps supply low (enough)? Or just clueless people who live in their own world and don't understand economics?

well lets see they are paying 300 for a zip now...

so i was talking about 350-400 for top shelf

way to intentionally misunderstand.

sick boy you keep going back to "corporations" and "its already legal"

i have refuted both of these scare tactics with logic and reason...

do you care to change your m/o to logic or are you going to stick with the henny penny strategy?

medmaker420

Veteran
How are the prices in countries were herb is legal?

Is there still small growers making money or are they all gone?

Anyone in a legal area in this world care to speak on the topic or someone who might know?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are many people incarcerated for using cannabis. Lets get Joeshmoe out of jail and he is far from stupid. What about Mark Emery I know many don't like him but no one should go to jail. I would agree that it's legal as far as 215 goes but if your a rec user it is not. For you to use the argument that they can just go get a card it's not that simple. I had to show that my condition was serious enough for him to issue me my recommendation. Nice discussion hope it stays this way.

G

grow nerd

Corporations aren't my only fear, in fact they're not even that major on the radar right immediately IMO. But any individual, or team of individuals with enough resources that will be able to step up easily and increase supply almost overnight.

If mom & pop ops in California in just the last year (again, seen the occurrence of "20kw! First grow! Help!" threads lately?) are any sign. If the falling prices in places like California and B.C. are of any sign.

Just because you choose to be blind and ignorant does not mean that others do not see the obvious.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
the current propaganda is that

A. international corporations will risk rico prosecution under federal law for the relatively small profit they could gain in california

B.the cost of a++ meds will plumet to $1.25 an ounce

C. "big tobacco" will grow such a superior product that growers with decades of experience wont be able to hang

D.monsanto will patent every strain and send an android version of richard lee from the future to "terminate" anyone who grows their strains without paying

is that about right?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
prices for top shelf in my area Modesto ca 200$ oz. These prices are not from clubs. These are the prices we sale to other people that we know. Some of the 215 patients want the trim bud we sale this for 50$ oz.

G

grow nerd

There are many people incarcerated for using cannabis. Lets get Joeshmoe out of jail and he is far from stupid. What about Mark Emery I know many don't like him but no one should go to jail. I would agree that it's legal as far as 215 goes but if your a rec user it is not. For you to use the argument that they can just go get a card it's not that simple. I had to show that my condition was serious enough for him to issue me my recommendation. Nice discussion hope it stays this way.
God Bless joeshmoe & his family, but he chose his fate. He chose to take extra risks for the extra reward, got caught, and paid the price. The market conditions didn't force him to ship the buds over state lines to a non-medical state for an extra margin of profit, he could have easily done it "legally" in-state.

G

grow nerd

the current propaganda is that

A. international corporations will risk rico prosecution under federal law for the relatively small profit they could gain in california

B.the cost of a++ meds will plumet to $1.25 an ounce

C. "big tobacco" will grow such a superior product that growers with decades of experience wont be able to hang

D.monsanto will patent every strain and send an android version of richard lee from the future to "terminate" anyone who grows their strains without paying

is that about right?
No, that's your propaganda on the current fear.

The actual fear is as I've outlined. If you're confused, I'm sorry, go back to school.

I find Point C quite funny, though. You think that it's so hard to grow top-shelf quality buds, don't you? I know you'd hate to consider the fact that a first-timer can nail it with the right resources, so I won't even clue you in on that. I know old-timers love to credit themselves with such great skill and exclusive knowledge, but the truth is that it can be replicated so easily and the technique & knowledge can be transferred in one fell swoop.