What's new

Is is me or do some growers in Cali actually not want pot legalised??

immaculate

putting financial gain over others freedom is wrong

That's exactly what's going to happen when this passes...you still haven't explained how you don't see that. You haven't refuted one logically sound argument against this bill. America's entire history speaks against you, broseph.

That's a completely fake argument! NOBODY HAS TO GO TO JAIL!! IF THEY USE HALF THEIR BRAIN!!!! IT'S ALREADY LEGAL!!! WE WON!!!

THE ONLY THING YOU ARE GOING TO DO IS PUT THE SAME CASH IN THE HANDS OF CORPORATE AMERICA INSTEAD OF OUR FELLOW WEED LOVERS!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE OK WITH GETTING IN BED WITH SLEAZY BIG TOBACCO!

WE BUILT THIS!!! IN SHEDS, BASEMENTS AND CLOSETS! WE FOUGHT FUNGUS GNATS! WE ENDURED POWDERY MILDEW AND SPIDER MITES!! WE ENDURED ISOLATION AND RIDICULE!! WE HAD TO SMUGGLE OUR CO2 TANKS INTO OUR HOUSES UNDER OUR NEIGHBOR'S PRYING EYES!!

AND NOW YOU WANT TO HAND IT ALL OVER TO BIG TOBACCO!?

MARK MY WORDS YOU ARE ALL GOING TO LOOK BACK WITH FONDNESS ON THIS TIME!!
AND YOU WILL REALIZE THAT WE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD!!!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
thanks for the c&p sick ;)

read again immaculate i have refuted every single piece of scare tactic propoganda you and the other prohibitionists (like the dea and the ondcp and dare) spew with reason and fact..

you want some truth?

the only land rj reynolds owns in norcal is two things...

offshore oil leases and power plants!

thats right norcal growers have been paying rj reynolds to grow thier products since 1981

http://tobaccodocuments.org/rjr/501...0&ocr_position=above_foramatted&start_page=11

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Copyed from another post (not from me) I do agree with

Quote:
grow space of 5x5 with max 1oz harvest and fine of $1,000 +6months jail for going over

nah you can keep the results of the harvest in your house you just can't carry more than an oz in public. and theres nothing in the initiative about penalties for going over. show me where it is. stop spreading misinformation.

Quote:
Possess on the premises where grown the living and harvested plants and results of any harvest and processing of plants lawfully cultivated pursuant to section 11300(a)(ii), for personal consumption.

that part is very important it means anything grown in your 5x5 is legal to possess on the property it was grown on so if you can get 5lbs out of your 5x5 then you're fucking gravy.

Quote:
I would vote "no" on this particular bill in November is for a few reasons:

1) by being able to grow in a 25sq ft. area, but only allowed to possess 1 ounce of finished product, I am AUTOMATICALLY made a criminal. Even with 10 or 5 sq ft., I can get 4 ounces off 1 plant. And speaking of one ounce, I believe the law states that if personal use requires more than one ounce, you can prove that in court. So, at what amount does the court say, "that's more than personal, that' an addiction, now go to treatment!"

2) allowing the cities and counties to regulate storefronts and growers makes for an easy monopoly, i.e. Richard Lee in Oakland. Anti trust laws are FEDERAL and how would you sue for violating federal anti-trust laws when cannabis is illegal FEDERALLY?

3) any changes or amendments to this bill, if it passes, would require STATE WIDE approval, like in SB 420, you can't limit a patient's plants without state wide voter approved changes.

4) only 25 sq ft. garden per RESIDENCE! "... in an area of not more than twenty-five square feet per private residence..." what if 3 adults live there?

5) what if a private residence has 1 medical patient, and one recreational user? how do they determine that?

I want to vote for legalization, but the bill that will be before us in November, Richard Lee's bill, is a very very BAD bill.

1) read what I wrote above

2) explain? I highly doubt it is even possible to have a monopoly over a plant everyone will have a right to grow. there will be more competition after its passed than before, if you think there's a flood out there now wait til this passes.

3) naaahhhh

Quote:
this Act may be amended either by a subsequent measure submitted to a vote of the People at a statewide election; or by statute validly passed by the Legislature and signed by the Governor, but only to further the purposes of the Act. Such permitted amendments include but are not limited to:
(a) Amendments to the limitations in section 11300, which limitations are minimum thresholds and the Legislature may adopt less restrictive limitations.
(b) Statutes and authorize regulations to further the purposes of the Act to establish a statewide regulatory system for a commercial cannabis industry that addresses some or all of the items referenced in Sections 11301 and 11302.
(c) Laws to authorize the production of hemp or non-active cannabis for horticultural and industrial purposes.

4) yea that's true. learn to maximize that 5x5. or get a medical card.

5) then medical dudeman gets their medical garden with no limits and non medical guy gets a 5x5 area. or just dont even worry about the non med garden and smoke what comes out of the med garden? it'd be legal, no longer a crime to share bud.

BTW I think the question is worded incorrectly because not all growers care about the price. and along with any drop in price, will come an increase in production sans fear of arrest if you're a legit licensed commercial operation. Price cuts in half? double your output. most who grow, grow to escape the black market and the high prices and dangers it entails. take away the black market, and high prices, and home grows will drop and all that will be left standing are the commercial operators and hobbyists who will always enjoy growing the plant.

Really now though, lets put this law into perspective, relating it to something that we can all say we're familiar with: Amsterdam. It's a pretty nice place, am I right? One would say the most cannabis tolerant city in the world. Wouldn't we just LOVE to have a place in America like that? Well lets look at their laws and procedures.

1) 5 grams is the most you can buy or possess "legally" or "tolerably" as we shall call it, since nothing is actually "legal" in Holland.

2) they will tolerate you growing 5 plants or so, for personal use only. they could still arrest you if they really wanted to though.

3) while coffeeshops are tolerated, they are strictly controlled and randomly audited all the time (shop gets put on lock down, all product is weighed to make sure the shop isn't over their 100 gram -I think- limit)

4) the "backdoor policy": commercial production is still illegal. it is still illegal to grow and sell to supply the shops.

5) no hard drug sales, no sales to minors (under 18)

Now lets look at what TC2010 has to offer:

1) 5x5 grow area (can be expanded by local gov't or state legislature) with all harvest being legal to possess in your home, and 1 oz possession in public with up to 1 oz being legal to purchase at a time (can also be upped by the local or state gov't). that part is very important it means anything grown in your 5x5 is legal to possess on the property it was grown on so if you can get 5lbs out of your 5x5 then you're fucking gravy

2) retail sales legal if local gov't permits and issues licenses. Commercial growing and selling will be legal if permitted and licensed as well.

3) no selling to minors under 21. no new laws regarding sales to minors under 18.

4) paraphernalia legal.

5) medical laws untouched

6) hemp laws to be enacted for commercial hemp growing and processing. << HUGE DEAL <<

So grower Scotty there can just suck a biiiig D with his 400k a year income, there are people rotting in jail doing what he does and it could even happen to him and yet he wants to perpetuate this atrocity just to secure his exorbitant lifestyle? what a great fucking human being, GREAT example to interview in fact I'm glad they chose him because it shows us that we still have enemies to confront and call out and they aren't always wearing a suit or a badge.

Last edited:

itisme

Veteran
OVER 1,000,000 IN JAIL NOW FOR DRUG RELATED OFFENSES AND A MAJORITY ARE POT RELATED! All somebodies SON or DAUGHTER!!!

You are just worried about yourself!

There is some FACTS, NUF SAID!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
NUF SAID???? :laughing:

WTF EVER! :moon:

You are one lame ass dude if you think keeping it only profitable for you and legal for you is good! Don't tell me nuf said when you aint said shit worth listening to!!! :thank you:

you obviously only read the one post of mine since you have me pegged on the prohibitionist side of this issue im on the freedom side.

the 100,000 were arrests

itisme

Veteran
ABSOLUTELY WRONG! ITISME! NOBODY HAS TO GO TO JAIL RIGHT NOW!!! WE WON ! IT'S ALREADY LEGAL!!!!!

ANYBODY WITH HALF A BRAIN CAN DO ALMOST ANYTHING UNDER OUR CURRENT LAWS!!!

AND WE CAN STILL PRESERVE OUR CULTURE AND ART WITHOUT SELLING OUT TO BIG TOBACCO!!!

What culture??? Where only growers and the sick can smoke????

LAME ASS SHIT!!! Grow up and I bet $1,000,000 you aint 30 yet!!!! :comfort:

I think it's Ironic that growers are really saying what they feel from their heart. This has been a true 'Labor of love' for all growers.

And you say they are mere "scare tactics and propaganda".

Talk about PROPAGANDA! YOU ARE ON THE SIDE OF CORPORATE PROPAGANDA!!!

You want to see our 'culture' and 'art' with a scan bar on it! You are the one who wants this 'love of herb' to be nothing more than another Wall Street money tool!

Maybe you don't know of the excitement and thrill of popping a fresh batch of seeds. The fucking happiness of knowing no one else in the world has tried this phenotype before, as you take your first hit from it's first harvest!

This is a way of life! A passion!

I think it completely rediculous that you question 'our' integrity... that it's all about money for us!

AS YOU GET IN BED WITH BIG TOBACCO...sad.

itisme

Veteran
ive been a grower for years.

ive been a comercial grower

ive made my livelihood from ganja.

i believe in right and wrong.
taking the first step toward legalization is right.

putting financial gain over others freedom is wrong

GREAT POST HERE!!!

He gets it! :tiphat:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
big tobacco?

not a chance an international corporation is going to risk rico prosecution because cali passes this bill.

that is fear mongering and propaganda being spewed by the prohibitionists

itisme

Veteran
How is us wanting it legal getting in bed w/ big tobacco???

We don't have to support them at all!!! They are against WEED :D HAHAHAHA now at least...... We can make sure to support COLLECTIVES and such.

One guy is claiming this board will hit the shitter due to it....I say just the opposite! I say use it to FULLY ORGANIZE and set up a bunch of grower Collectives and similar set ups!!!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
sick i know the thrills..

i also know the thrill of pulling up to a double wide trailer in the woods with no furniture in it but it has a HUGE fucking light bill

i also know the heart break of seeing what happens inside a trailer with 400+ plants in the florida summer heat with no electricity for a week after a hurricaine

i know the fear of returning to new orleans after katrina and hoping the national guard doesnt give a shit about the grow you KNOW they found when they searched your home for bodies

i know the love ogers/icmagers showed me after the storm getting my strains back to me after the storm.

i know the joy of being a norcal grower and feeling that small taste of freedom.

and i know what greed and fear look like.

Frozenguy

Veteran
Its a shitty bill, but its the best we'll get through, I've come to decide.

Profit for good weed will not be a problem.

Only commercial growers of low/medium quality should worry. Primo bud will always carry a nice price.

Talk about bullshit! Do you even know what a "PROHIBITIONIST" WAS? EL OH EL!

I didn't know a Prohibitionist was a person who wanted to keep Alcohol legal?! Because that's what I want for MJ.

You just want to, for some reason, give our industry, that we built, over to corporate America! I don't know what you have against the average man having a chance.

And trust me there are few things left to the common man that Corporate America hasn't already taken.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im pretty sure the land that was purchased by the tobacco company in Chico is for HEMP.

Sickboy can you tell me why you thick corporate America will have anything to do with cannabis knowing that it's illegal federally. There buisness model would never get pass the BOD.

Latest posts

Latest posts