What's new

Is Bubba and O.G. Kush a fabricated strain?

To answer your negative rep Sativa Grows, I was responding to your shot at GHS. Where is your grow report with the bad results justifying all this negative BS you spread? Your nevilles haze is what like 3 weeks old? I saw your thread and the only thing you could point out about the GHS gear so far is that it the leaves are asymetrical (and your MNS picture has the same exactly leaf formation). I never could find that SSH comparison thread you've been spouting off about
Did I say anywhere in the post about comparing that to OG or Bubba? NOPE. Never grown those strains. Just responding to your prevalent BS and pointing out that you are A KNOWN TROLL. Bad rep comin back to ya bitch

Where did I EVER say I was going to do a SSH side by side? Please, find me a quote. You see 1 grow 3 weeks in and you assume I've never grown another GHS product? You are the one who has no idea what they are talking about.:rolleyes:

nomaad

Veteran
That's not true. Since I don't want to be banned for speaking something that is adverse for seed sales, I will allude to the fact the original crew who possessed the original seeds have been working with the chem line for years and years. Unlike other people who cash in on a name and sell untested seeds at premium prices, these guys actually test their gear before they sell it. They used to post here until they got burned.

Their seeds have been received more favorably by experienced growers who have no incentive to brown nose to breeders. People who have grown the original chemd, chem 91 etc speak more highly of their work than of the work available here.
Although Conn's seeds seem to be more realistically priced.

When you see all those * guest* and * banned* above the former chemdog crew, it's because they got burned and left to sell there wares at another place. Stock is low now.

So there are others working with all of the original genetics from the chemdog line making some very interesting crosses not available at the bay. I have not grown any of them myself, but a buddy who has all of chem d, 91, 4 , sister, has run some of them and said they were great. For me if it's called something, it should be pretty close to the original. I spent 150 on a pack of seeds that sucked and was nothing like the original clone when I finally smoked it. But to read the reports you would think it was the second coming. Never again.

Just my 2 cents. Buy whatever you want. As long as you have fun growing it. I'm running the D right now, nice yielder, I lost the 4 to stupidity. It's just weed, but I've learned whether you are buying a car or buying seeds, it pays to shop around, educate yourself and see where the best deal and quality is. There needs to be a consumer reports type place for seed makers.

Which part of my post was untrue? You quoted the whole thing. You're saying that the GHS strains will get you closer to Chemdog family than Rez gear? Patently untrue. Post a link to a grow of GHS chems that supports that opinion. I have smoked Rez SDIBL before and it stands up to the ECSD cut. If you look at the many Rez gear grows in ICM threads you can SEE clearly that it looks like chem cuts. On the basis of that information I am more motivated to trust Rez gear, even at the inflated price. Mind you, I have many of the cuts and access to any of the others I might desire... I want to run some Rez seed, because as an educated and well researched operator, they seem the most likely to render some good genetics with the qualities I have come to love from the chem family.

I'm not brownnosing Rez nor gathering my info from people who do (most of the growers I know (dozens) don;t even know who Rez is. I DO run original chemdog genetics and have now seen all the original cuts in both indoor and outdoor settings... show me some GHS gear that stands up. I have never seen it in the real world or in a grow thread. I'm not even expecting that I will find a keeper in a pack of Rez seeds... just saying that the evidence strongly suggests a higher likelihood than from a pack of GHS.

Even when describing the strains in their own propaganda GHS makes them sound nothing like the original cuts (sugary sweet bubba kush? :noway: ). And like I said, I have not seen a single documented grow of GHS gear that makes me believe otherwise... not saying they don't test that their seeds grow marijuana... but as far as the recreation of of chemdog strains?! c'mon. not saying its impossible, just that there is zero evidence to support it.

R

Red Swan

I was talking about the original Chemdog crew and I don't think Franco knows those guys.

If I wrote their names, the name of their seed company('s) and the sites where you could get their superior gear, it would be edited. What store tolerates someone coming in and telling uninformed customers that you can get better gear for the same or less money? Even if it's good for the consumer, it's bad for the store.

I know I got a bad batch of SDIBl. Tom Hill suggests that if you really want to find a keeper you need to grow a lot more than 10. I got two other packs of his gear and made my opinion after growing 3 different strains. Fool me once...

But back on topic...

Are Bubba and OG a fabrication ?

-or-

How many years ( not months) does it take to duplicate the qualities of a given clone? If the finished product is not even close to the original , should it be called something else or should it cash in on a name fooling people into thinking they are getting the original?

Breeder Steve never called Sweet Tooth , Sweet Pink Grapefruit. #3 is closest, but he never called it that because it was different, good in it's own way, but not the same.

People can buy whatever they want. In the big picture, at 300+ an oz, a 150 pack of seeds is a bargain since you can grow lbs. from it. What sucks is putting months of time into growing it only to get results on par with Aurora Indica from Nirvana. 20 bucks.

The S&P 500 is the bench mark for investing. It's just a fund that buys the top 500 companies stock and is reevaluated every year. A computer does it. Most Mutual funds due to fees and bad management underperform the S&P.

Aurora Indica is the S&P for me. It's 20 bucks, grows outstanding weed. If I buy seeds, it has to be better than Aurora Indica, otherwise , why buy it? I've been lucky to get some good genetics, but I've also been surprised what's not better than AI, regarding yield, stone, flavor ,ease of cloning etc. Everything I've bought from DJ Short and SOL has been awesome.

Bubba Kush and OG kush have blown away the AI, except for the yield part.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
are you aware that Rez is about to drop a ton of chem family seeds on seedbay? half the strains were announced for november and then some more for december. Sometime in the last week he posted "soon", so if you are trying to get seeds that will actually get you REAL chemdog genetix, you should keep track of the thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=139926

as far as I know, him and OJD (connoisseur genetics) are the only reputable breeders working with the chemdog lineage and coming up with stable seed lines. some really insane crosses as well.

thus far, I've been running clones (and I have access to just about whatever cuts I desire... just gotta keep on my toes and not miss em when they come thru reputable sources), but if I manage to get my hands on some Rez seeds (though unlike many, i won't be losing sleep while I wait for them to drop), I could see myself running some at a later date.

yeah i read that. some other guys are droppin some the same time-ish, so im just gonna wait to see what's cheaper/available. whenevr rez does something seedbay shits out and i can't really camp out so much and lose sleep either ya dig? im figuring he's gonna drop em after the cup or on thanksgiving or something. he was always droppin shit on holidays when i was keepin track. im pretty stoked so many people are working with *chem/kush* and doing a good job from what i've seen so far. All the fests are gonna flooded with chems and kushes. it'll be dope.

oh and Crush, i bet you're gonna love those sssdh. good purchase.

Last edited:
B

B. Self Reliant

The problem is, everyone says that about almost every strain.. especailly if they grow it. Everyone says every strain is Dank from Blueberry to Skunk to Silver Pearl to Sage to NL.

So it's really hard to get what the best strain is. Through all my reading it seems to be clone only Trainwreck, Kali Mist, C99, Headband,

and maybe SSSDH, SSH, Nevilles Haze too.

But that's it. Nothing more.

I've never heard anyone say that any of the Kushes are the strongest they've smoked, holy grail etc.

Rant:
. . . ? Really? That's your attitude? Why is your criteria for "the best strain" subject to what others think? Should't your own personal favorite be based on what YOU like?

I think it must be acknowledged that "the best strain" is going to be 100% subjective. Ask 1000 people and you might see some general trends, but you'll probably get 1000 different answers. I hope you realize that if you're looking for the perfect strain, you'll never be satisfied, especially if you need other people's approval to consider it perfect. In fact, if you're looking for the perfect anything you'll never be satisfied!

What's wrong with doing it the old fashioned way? Why not determine what YOUR priorities are and pick a strain that meets your needs? Some guy who makes videos on YouTube taking hits of Kush and then a hit of Trainwreck is not a good source of information in any way shape or form. You a commercial grower? Then you'll probably want something that yields well. You use it as a sleep aid? Then you'll probably want a heavy indica, right? You're never gonna please everyone with a single strain because everyone wants something different.

I've grown and smoked many Cali cut-only strains and many of them sucked in my opinion. They sucked as much as many of the hyped up movies that come out suck. They sucked the way many of the things in life that are successfully marketed & sold everyday suck.

There's a HUGE difference between examining your own experiences and deciding what your favorite strain is, and allowing marketers, seed breeders and posters on YouTube decide for you. Shit, best case scenario is that you have "the" holy grail strain (as if it exists) right now. Even then you wouldn't tomorrow, because the uninformed masses will change their uneducated opinions constantly based on what's crammed down their throats.

R

Red Swan

Not to mention the skill of the grower. I was hanging with a friend and an arrogant grower came to hang out. He just finished his first grow and thought he knew it all. He whipped out some of his OG. He thought that the cut grew itself. It was really mediocre and badly cured. We tried to explain but he knew it all. So my buddy whipped out some of his which another friend has been growing for years and really has it dialed in.

Massive difference in flavor, stone and quality. Way better

Having the genetics is one thing , but one has to grow it again and again to dial it in.
I've been growing Blueberry for 3 years and I'm still making adjustments and improvements.

B

Blue

The holy grail will never be found as everyone likes something different.....

The problem is to many idiots get caught up in the Hype be certain breeders and their loyal fanboy/girl hangers on....

I have purchased seed costing over $100 that has been smashed out of the water by $20 seeds...

I also have tones of home made crosses that shit all over many so called ELITES........

What do you do when you want someone to purchase your stuff?? make it sound like the best thing since sliced bread & the sad thing is to many growers fall for the BS put out by seed banks...

@ red swan 100% squire the Greenhouse are nothing more then Hacks now.. back in the day they had honour now.. they just rip it off.......

R

Red Swan

Absolutely. I regret having bought so many seeds. The crosses my friends made and the crosses I've made have blown a lot of the seeds I bought out of the water. Of course, other people have put the time in to make the stock. If you cross great weed A x great weed B , you should be able to find a good keeper.

I've never grown a Haze. I have 3 Haze crosses to try and I'm psyched to see where that path goes.

Mota rebel did some very nice work with StarKush ( I think it's Sensi Star x OG Kush). Couldn't improve the yields, but man that's some good affordable herb.

Blue* Thats just business in terms of GHS... At least Nirvana admits it.*

All right, this thread has run it's course, until of course it comes up again. Save some males and make seeds everybody!!!

Ciarán

I think a good way to fabricate something similar to bubba and og seeds would involve crossing the chemdog clone with a pure indica and a pure sativa, then doing alot of selection.

sludiggastu

toronto issues

toronto issues

It's not that easy over here. Over here people are suprsingly 'elitist' if they have something good. Many people here don't trust one another. The city is broken up into racial ghettos and different languages that keep to themselves so there's not a lot of a sharing community in the GTA. It's much different than the Cali scene where there's lots of business minded people, pot, clones, jobs, lots of money, everyone is happy.

I know a lot of Americans have this rosey picture of Canada. Maybe that was 20 years ago. But I'm just telling you factually how it's like living here now. People certainly aren't into sharing here in Toronto.

OK i am from Toronto what you should do if you are from a city and you are having issue getting clones. Start talking on forums like this, meet as many people as close to you as possible, be friend people, after a few coffee's or smokes i am sure someone would feel comfortable enough to share! like a trade or barter of some sort.......... anyway i am in the process of starting my first grow and i am looking to meet people like minded who want to hang out and one day maybe share the fruits of our labour.... mine grow will be super small a veg chamber rubbermaid and a small tent 2 feet by 2 feet by 4.5 so it will just house 4 nice females, hopefully all the time!!!!!!!!!! anyway people from toronto get a hold of me!

D

Dalaihempy

OK i am from Toronto what you should do if you are from a city and you are having issue getting clones. Start talking on forums like this, meet as many people as close to you as possible, be friend people, after a few coffee's or smokes i am sure someone would feel comfortable enough to share! like a trade or barter of some sort.......... anyway i am in the process of starting my first grow and i am looking to meet people like minded who want to hang out and one day maybe share the fruits of our labour.... mine grow will be super small a veg chamber rubbermaid and a small tent 2 feet by 2 feet by 4.5 so it will just house 4 nice females, hopefully all the time!!!!!!!!!! anyway people from toronto get a hold of me!

You want my advice get hold of quality seeds select and find your own plants this clone trading is full of dangers personally i have lost a few close friends i have made in the online community threw the time i have been on line to people they made friends with and then had the same people they thort they could trust dog them nark on them low life peaces of shit in short.

I am not saying you cant trust every one but every one is not all about the plant and this love and shearing well all once believed watch your back friend.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hueso´s Peyote Purple was fathered by a S1 male :)
The line was given to charlie garcia and after two+ years here are the results of such hard work...Bubba remasterized by one of the best breeders there is :respect:

ppyo.jpg

Bonehead

Hueso´s Peyote Purple was fathered by a S1 male :)
The line was given to charlie garcia and after two+ years here are the results of such hard work...Bubba remasterized by one of the best breeders there is :respect:

ppyo.jpg
More info,Please!:yoinks: