What's new

Is Bubba and O.G. Kush a fabricated strain?

One Love 731

Veteran
Speaking of hype, don't get caught up in the Green House Seeds are shit hype. I have an amazing cut of Himalayan Gold and a GHS Cheese cut. The finish product is top shelf, many have said one or the other is the best they have smoked. I have seen a few threads of yours Crush, the best advise I can give you is work on your green thumb. If the weed gods are to bless you, you will find a keeper. You can always do an open pollination of each strain, achieving a sure keeper after growing out the f2's. I would be surprised if you don't end up with a world class keeper out of the GHS Buba Kush. Take a look in the GHS forums and you will notice that Franco stands behind the product in almost every thread, that means something to me. Breeder bashing is weak, if you can do better I would love to test your wears. Karma, One Love

G

good drown

if you are in toronto, you need to look around. its easy as shit to get cuts there. hell ounces of sour d were going for 220 us.

Take a look in the GHS forums and you will notice that Franco stands behind the product in almost every thread, that means something to me. Breeder bashing is weak, if you can do better I would love to test your wears. Karma, One Love
Tom Hill and Shantibaba are examples of people that stand behind their product. Franco nit-picks which threads he replies to and denies that there could be any flaw in their products. If you get shitty germ rates he makes you go out of your way to prove that you germinated them right, if you get a hermie from their fems then you did something wrong because Franco and Arjan didn't get any hermies.:rolleyes: It's far from hype.

When I hear names like 'OG kush', 'the dawg', etc it makes me think that they MUST be relatively new mixtures of old strains concocted and named by inbred wiggers from Cali as depicted in that clip.

I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to believe that kush was native to california :pointlaug

I am from australia and have never tried 'OG kush', 'chemdog', etc, but I will soon enough. I don't expect much from these strains, I just hope that they are not dutch in origin to add a little genetic diversity to my garden.

I first joined here to post in the Australian landrace thread cause I am interested in the weed that was around here before the dutch invasion.. Cause it was MUCH better IMO!

I realise that neville was australilan but I hope he didn't use any of 'our' strains in his creations cause they have become well & truly played out now and as that video pointed out much of the weed around today is derived from the same old tired gene pool.

We need new blood!!

toohighmf

Veteran
I think you should try OG, chemd, bubba or headband before making such claims. CA Hippy's in the 70's were taveling to AF and paki, nepal, burma, veit nam to find good parental stock for their breeding efforts. most of the killer crosses you find today hail from CA breeders.
you'll see what I mean when you get here. Headband is soma's breeding stock. 707 headband is really just a Chemdawg OG strain, but I will say I thought it was OGxSourD when I tried it first. thats what the flavor reminded me of. a 50/50 cross. I love headband!!

I think you should try OG, chemd, bubba or headband before making such claims. CA Hippy's in the 70's were taveling to AF and paki, nepal, burma, veit nam to find good parental stock for their breeding efforts.

That's what I'm counting on.. I hope your right man, hope they stem from these kind of origins.

G

Greyskull

alls i know is i like hype
you have to get the real hype though not the fake fabricated s1 bullshit you need the true real deal hype

but for what its worth, i could rename my bubba "janet", my valley og "lemon", and they will still look better smell better smoke better and be in more demand than 98% of the other stuff out there (in the commercial world) thats not really og and bubba, no matter what they are called.

and dont judge a parent by its kids... thats like looking at michael jordan's son and saying 'no way his dad is the greatest basketball player ever'

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Bottom line that OG & Bubba kush are great strains to smoke. I hate to grow them due to the low yield, long veg, etc. I have came across some nice ones with high yield, and faster veg times tho. If they weren't that good, there would be no market for them...BOTTOM LINE!! People wouldn't buy it, and there wouldn't be a demand for it. Two wordds: Supply & Demand..

op

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
"Chemdawg Crosses:
• 'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdawg in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.
• 'Sour Diesel' aka ECSD came from an accidental cross of ('91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL after the DNL hermed and seeded the room. The DNL's lineage is NL/Shiva x Hawaiian.
• Original Diesel' (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of '91 Chemdawg x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’.

• 'chemdog' and friends made several crosses that are held closely by a small group of friends and acquaintances. Among them are:

1. Super Snowdawg (Bubble Chem x [Super skunk x Oregon Sno])
2. Giesel (Chem D x Mass Super Skunk)
3. Bubble Chem (Chemdawg’s Sister x Sag's Bubbleberry)
4. Dawg Daze aka ChemHaze (Chem D x ’93 Sensi's NL#5/Haze)
5. Chemdawg D x Pbud (another old-school Colorado strain)"

so not just some crappy dutch shit by any means. and some of this was done on the east coast as well as the western-ness.

nobody knows bubba for sure yet.

and just for fun you can look here and see how many strains got nk,skunk, haze, or afghani in them here-http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=86438
probably needs to be updated by now though.

Last edited:

Crush

Bottom line that OG & Bubba kush are great strains to smoke.

op

The problem is, everyone says that about almost every strain.. especailly if they grow it. Everyone says every strain is Dank from Blueberry to Skunk to Silver Pearl to Sage to NL.

So it's really hard to get what the best strain is. Through all my reading it seems to be clone only Trainwreck, Kali Mist, C99, Headband,

and maybe SSSDH, SSH, Nevilles Haze too.

But that's it. Nothing more.

I've never heard anyone say that any of the Kushes are the strongest they've smoked, holy grail etc.

This guy on Youtube in Cali was reviewing weed and had a hit of Kush. Nothing really happened. He baseically called it typical Kush. Then he took a hit of trainwreck and wow you could see him get visibly stoned. He started saying how he could feel the hit all over his body and all that. He never does that when he reviews. Like you could see a heavyweight stoner get visibily stoned.

I'm not taking sides or anything. I'm just saying what I've noticed. I'm going to try to grow out this 'Kush' just to see what it's about.

I got SSSDH on the way so am really excited about that and hopefully I can grow my first dank strain seing as I can't get clones.

Last edited by a moderator:

love?

The problem is, everyone says that about almost every strain.. especailly if they grow it. Everyone says every strain is Dank from Blueberry to Skunk to Silver Pearl to Sage to NL.
It's easy to get that impression but just because people don't like to talk about crappy strains it doesn't mean they think all strains are dank. :)

More importantly, what's crap to one person may be great to someone else and vice versa. That may be why looking for a universal "best" strain hasn't really got you the result you're after.

P.S. The best smoke I've had was some high quality Moroccan hash back in 2005 or 2006. Ironically, the strain it was made from probably wouldn't have been very impressive in any way at all.

Z

Ziggaro

Sativa is a known troll in the Greenhouse forums. Take what he says about their genetics for granted. I have pics in my gallery of one of my trainwreck phenos that looks quite a bit like 5LGs with huge towering calyxes, and another one that has the calyx formation and weak stems like all the arcata clone pics you see. I'll have to post that one up in my gallery soon. At the very least I'll have it in there by harvest which shouldn't be far away now..
All 100% female and the 2-3 week early samples I've taken from my 3rd best pheno of TW (gauging by visual inspection) knocked my socks off. Never grew their stuff before but it is the best I've grown by far.

Sativa is a known troll in the Greenhouse forums. Take what he says about their genetics for granted.

Hey, I'm sorry you GHS fanboys don't like what I have to say.
picture.php

:drum:

nomaad

Veteran
"Chemdawg Crosses:
• 'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdawg in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.
• 'Sour Diesel' aka ECSD came from an accidental cross of ('91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL after the DNL hermed and seeded the room. The DNL's lineage is NL/Shiva x Hawaiian.
• Original Diesel' (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of '91 Chemdawg x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’.

• 'chemdog' and friends made several crosses that are held closely by a small group of friends and acquaintances. Among them are:

1. Super Snowdawg (Bubble Chem x [Super skunk x Oregon Sno])
2. Giesel (Chem D x Mass Super Skunk)
3. Bubble Chem (Chemdawg’s Sister x Sag's Bubbleberry)
4. Dawg Daze aka ChemHaze (Chem D x ’93 Sensi's NL#5/Haze)
5. Chemdawg D x Pbud (another old-school Colorado strain)"

so not just some crappy dutch shit by any means. and some of this was done on the east coast as well as the western-ness.

nobody knows bubba for sure yet.

and just for fun you can look here and see how many strains got nk,skunk, haze, or afghani in them here-http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=86438
probably needs to be updated by now though.

Well done. Good basic summarization of the chemdog family. It goes a little deeper, (well, a lot...especially if u include all the quality seeds by ODJ, Rez, etc) but this is the best information out there (i have done quite a bit of research) on the strains that are being discussed in this thread.

"Kush" refers to the Hindu Kush mountain range that is shared by Afghanistan and Pakistan. I grew AfPak this year (afghani landrace vs paki landrace) and it was the most purely indica plant in my entire garden. If you want to start calling things "Kush" I would suggest that the AfPak is a 'Pure Kush' like nothing else in my garden that carries the Kush in its name or pedigree. (I grew clone only Bubba, ECSD, OGK and Headband)

Interestingly, the nug itself, the taste and smell and the stone are VERY similar to the Bubba. Whoever talked about deep rich smokey coffee and chocolate tones has obviously smoked real bubba. You should try Afpak sometime... I grew it in a full season outdoor and a late July lite dep harvest... not something I would grow again, but kushy as a mu'fucker in all the ways that should count.

That video is nonsense... i came across is in my earlier research. The argument that its all lies because cannabis isn't indigenous to California and that these strains are dutch hybrids.

This is a completely fallacious argument in that nobody who expects to be taken seriously has ever contended that these strains were indigenous to California...

They can all be traced back to a couple of pounds transacted between some deadheads. In one pound a bunch of seeds was found. From those seeds came the Chemdog and all that follows.

This is such an old, lame, stale argument. If you choose to believe that these strains are made up myths, you probably have not smoked them and certainly have not grown them. Once you have been around the different strains, you can almost SEE and SMELL and FEEL the differences and similarities between them and judge the truth of their creation myth.

Whether or not the above info (copied from a source that the OP does not name) is EXACTLY right, I know from growing out some of these strains that there is much truth to it.

One Love 731

Veteran
Hey, I'm sorry you GHS fanboys don't like what I have to say.
picture.php

:drum:

:fsu:Looks to me like your wanting the name. I would love to test your gear, even though I am just a fanboy of great MJ, put your gear wear your running gums are. They (GHS) must be alright guys, if they did it like some of the breaders here, your gums would cost you your ICmag membership. You will find what you have coming in life, as will I. Karma, One Love

sorry for taking the thread off track

J

JackTheGrower

I've never thought their Bubba is anything less that their own creation. Adding GHS to that makes it their idea of that strain. This practice is an acceptable practice from what I read.

I agree that GHS has shown their genetics can provide unexpected results as with "The Doctor."

But this thread is rich for it's discussion on the catagory of "Bubba Kush" and "Ocean Grown" Kush.

Having grown Hindu Kush f2's the first year I had my Dr's Rec. I know what that was like.. "Orbit."

What I have tried related to Bubba and OG Kush isn't like that.

My Question is what effect would one say Bubba "should" have and what would one say effect "OG" should have.
Is there a scent that is defined by each and what of flavor.

pardon me but I'm still learning.