What's new

Is Bubba and O.G. Kush a fabricated strain?

Crush

Hi!

I just ordered 5 fem Bubba Kush from Gypsy Nirvana for $50 CAN and figured it's the only way I'll be able to get bubba kush.

I was researching the strain when all of a sudden I saw a video on Youtube where it claimed that the strain was fabricated completely. There was no record of this strain, or OG Kush before 2004 and that the strain is just a dutch cross.

He then said that when sales slowed down that they fabricated 'Pre 98 Kush' out of thin air.

He called OG Kush and Bubba Kush 'fools gold' and states there is no documented proof anywhere pre-2004 of these kushes.

He also called it mediocre weed and is nothing compared to Super Silver Haze or 'Real' White Widow. He said that Kush tasted good and that's all. He said it doesn't get you high and called it 'girly weed'.

I have to admit though, I've always thought the bud pics of Kush look unimpressive compared to the CRAZY bud pics of SSSDH and some of the things from RezDog. Even many of the white strains.

So I'm pretty confused at this point what to think.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
no. this guy sounds like an idiot.

i like og much better than ww, but between og and ssh woul be a tough choice, depends on the mood im in.

unfortunately your greenhouse seeds bubba might not have much bubba in it at all. good luck though.

amoril

Im not 100%, but I think my IQ dropped as a result of watching that entire video.

whomever the originator of that video is, they are surely an idiot. That, I do know. It's irritating to find people "preaching" with such poor grammar.

beyond that, (and the constant footage of that gym rat), I dont claim to know any of the facts regarding these cali strains, cause im not there now, nor have i ever been.

I will say that if you look around enough, youll find that there are in fact many claims of people mis-labeling some smoke, claiming it is some "kush" when its not. However, there are also plenty of reports of established smokers and growers, who have tried some of this "OG Kush" and its derivatives, and have never looked back.

IMO, this is worth more than any hype. Find someone whom you deem trustworthy, and take their account of it....or try it for yourself.

but seriously, the creator of that video is not only fueling the hype machine, but also falls victim to the logical fallacy he/she claims to be pointing out to the rest of us.....

....summaries, not direct quotes......."dont believe the hype, OG and Bubba are just recombinations of the same afghan, skunk, haze, northern lights that anyone can get and make their own. Its just the same dutch crap".........."get yourself some real weed, like super silver haze".

this is enough of a contradiction for me to call bullshit. Anyone know the lineage of SSH? Its (northern lights x haze) x (skunk#1 x haze). Gee, looks like just a recombination of the same dutch varieties, right? but THIS is real weed.

lmfao. (for the record, Im not knocking SSH, just the vid poster's analysis)

If you read the description of the GHS Bubba Kush it cleverly just says its bubblegum x kush doesn't say anything about it being a pre-98 bubba kush cut. Then it goes on to describe "kush" as: "The origins of Kush cannabis are from landrace plants mainly in Afghanistan and sometimes, Iran, Pakistan, and Northern India with the name coming from the Hindu Kush mountain range."... just going by that would make me believe that their "kush" could be just about anything not necessarily having anything to do with pre98 bubba

I just got a pack of OJD's SSSDH and I can't wait to grow that out. Even though I havn't even popped the beans yet I can bet its gonna be some super dank.

burningfire

Veteran
horrible video ( or should i spell that horrable to get on the video's level )

that bud didn't look average to me, sure I've seen bud that looked better.. but bag appeal is only good when you're dealing, I don't care about that.. the elites might be overhyped, a lot of people say they came from 90s sensi stock and I think most of that is true. except for a few californian lines with roots in afghanistan stock brought in the 70s

OG Kush and Bubba Kush are not fabricated strains otherwise there wouldn't be widely circulated clones being sold under those names.:D
If you read the description of the GHS Bubba Kush it cleverly just says its bubblegum x kush doesn't say anything about it being a pre-98 bubba kush cut.

:yeahthats They just crossed a bubblegum and a 'kush' and slapped the name Bubba Kush on it for marketing purposes.
Franco said:
The Bubba Kush-it is Bubblegum and Kush, the name says it and the people just love it. It's sweet, it's like a chewing gum and you just taste the sweetness and the fruitiness and it never ends, and it's something you can literally chew on the flavor for a long time. So it's a successful indica strain, very narcotic, very White Rhino kind of-kind of stoned couchlock cut my legs in two pieces feeling, but it's a successful strain
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAttitudeInc#p/u/2/0J8I0Gel5jA (2:25-2:51)
This is what Franco had to say about their Bubba Kush in a video for another seedbank. Sweet chewing gum is not what true Bubba Kush tastes like.

Crush

Do you think there's a possibility that OG Kush grows very dense nugs resulting in 'smaller' grams. And when someone takes a hit, they are more likely to break off a .3 as compared to my fluffy weed where .3 would look like a huge peice to break off?

And that is the secret of these Kush's?

I'm just curious if that plays a factor..

Also is there truth to what he said about all strains basically being Skunk, NL, Afgani, Haze regardless of what you smoke?

burningfire

Veteran
yeah.. I don't usually voice my opinions this strongly but fuck GHS.. I've never heard kush described like that, or look like that.

but there is some truth behind skunk,nl,afghan,haze ( mostly dutch genetics ) being prominent in the current commercial scene. there are some breakaway cases but the commercially grown stuff is skunk x nl or variations of that, heavy on the afghani side of things

R

Red Swan

The video is a complete lie. There are a few full of shit videos made by this poster, who is a long time IC mag member. There are lots of lies in the seed biz, and this video is typical of it.

I currently am growing OG Kush ( Abusive) , Bubba ( Katsu) and Chemdog D ( the real one) and I didn't get them from a dispensary or someone cashing in on the name of clone when they churn out seeds.

OG Kush has such a strong combination of flavor and stone it's really pleasant. The downside is the ridiculously small yield , long veg time and 10 week flower. There are other plants I like better because they have flavor , taste and yield.

Bubba Kush is also a very nice indica smoke. I like it better because it yields better. Rock hard dense buds with a really nice coffee flavor.

Currently , my carbon filter is overloaded even with the speed controller for the fan at the lowest setting.

The person who made that video is a known pussy with an axe to grind.

What is true is that there are plenty of great seeds you can get that will give you nice flavor, stone and yield nice too.

Part of marketing is to make you feel like what you have is not good enough and that what you haven't bought is even better.

How do you think Kenneth Cole manages to keep selling black shoes to people since 1981?

I love Northern Lights and an old Blueberry Sativa, SSH ( from Mr. Nice not GHS) is great too. And they are all available in seed form. It's just weed, it won't make you happy, especially if you get duped into thinking that there is always something better than what you've got.

D

danny karey

Crush? LOL!!!! There was a guy named British Hempire, I was told by a buddy that he made that "og kush hater" vid. If thats true this guy wouldn't know shit about og kush and the rest of the kush's, so Id stop taking videos on youtube as gospel, and start listening to the people that have a clue.

my .02

Danny

B

B. Self Reliant

They are both most definitely real. As to whether they are as good a some folks say is another story & completely subjective.

Also the the "pre-98" cut of bubba IS different than the the floating around simply called "bubba kush".

D

danny karey

Ya man, there's the Katsu bubba kut as well. Another seed breeder made some bubba kush pre '98 S1's, so will probabelya bunch of new bubba "clones" making an appereance on the scene......All the plants Ive seen of the S1's looked better than the pre '98.

and Crush, you got the wrong bubba kush seeds bro, seriously shity company that made those.

Danny

my take.. the video is right on. people put bubba and og on a pedestal. (like puttin pussy on a pedestal)

the video is calling out the clubs.. online communtiy.. pretty much everyone who gets caught up in the hype of one or two clones that grow slow, yield less, but that DO have a great stone, flavor, and NAME.

Yes its good.. but the clubs charge astronomical prices.. when you could grow SSH yourself and get mindfucked .. instead of wallet fucked.

WE have all gotten caught up in it a little. otherwise you wouldn't be buying feminized NON bubba .. bubba seeds from GHS.

point of the video.. point im making is.. you, me were all caught up in marketing..

The vid is very right on many points. almost all weed we smoke is made up of skunk, nl, haze .. .. .. and many including the peeps who claim to bring bubba to the masses.. say it was a bubble gum /master kush cross. whether its true or not.. its backing up the idea that all this weed is the same big four, eight strains.. recrossed.

So in stead of worrying our little grow lives that we have to get "the' bubba in cali.. we should worry about just popping some quality seeds and find your own keeper.

OH and that GYM RAT.. is former world mixed martial arts champion Matt hughes.. the most arrogant longest running champion in history. theres' a reason why that clip was used.

zenoonez

Veteran
Matt Hughes will never beat George. End of story. And there is plenty of hype but every Kush I have tried has been worth the price I paid for it.

D

danny karey

the og kush has kinda dense nuggets but I wouldn't say thats a big reason why people get it. It's very potent, smells and taste's like lemon pine-sol, Alot of trich's and very potent. Small yeilds unless trained and vegged for a good 5-6 weeks.

Hope this helps man

Oh, the bubba kush that you got from Greenhouse seeds is not the real bubba kush, they say there's is made out of bubblegum X with kush which is bullshit, GHS says it's tastes and smells like sweet candy which is more BS.

The original Bubba kush clone is not bubblegum X kush, no one knows what the lineage is NO ONE. It smells and tastes like deep rich coffee, with maybe a little chocolatey undertone, grows extremely slow in Veg, alot of frost or Trich's, the buds are hard and compact giving a better yeild than what she looks like she'll give. For a good yield training and veging for a good 4 weeks will help with yeilds. Bubba is very potent indica buzz as well.

hope this helps ya man.

Danny