What's new

Is anyone else tired of this Medical Marijuana bullshit

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
i mean really, medical marijauna- an excuse to have legal weed. thats how i see it. its stupid really these places are getting busted for selling to non card holders, its fucking all the same the only diffence is this ass hole paied a doctor 200$ and the other asshole didn't, i am getting denied entry to the clubs becuase i don't have a california id , well what if i dont want a fucking california id my old id works just fine and im tired of getting turned down everywhre i go even after getting my medical rec verified.... stupid medical bullshit every single on of us would still be smoking and growign herb medical or not... this stupid medical front bullshit needs to stop and make herb legal for adults to posses....

when my buds done i wanna say fuck the clubs if you want it come n get it no mark ups no taxes no nothing just straight herb no ids no medical reccomendation bullshit no nothing just straight herb i don't like this medical excuse bullshit its a waste of time and its making an illegal black market out of the people that don't have "medical problems" who just want to smoke dank herb....

anyone agree its time for full legalization in cali

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
In some ways I agree, in others I don't. MMJ is not "bullshit", there are a lot of people, myself included, who actually need it and don't just blaze recreationally. Do I think it should be fully legalized/decriminialized? Yes! Do I think it's bullshit? No, I'm glad I can medicate and not worry about legal retribution. I mean, it's a foothold toward full decrim/legalization, we gotta be glad we have what we do, considering the USA's history.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
In some ways I agree, in others I don't. MMJ is not "bullshit", there are a lot of people, myself included, who actually need it and don't just blaze recreationally. Do I think it should be fully legalized/decriminialized? Yes! Do I think it's bullshit? No, I'm glad I can medicate and not worry about legal retribution. I mean, it's a foothold toward full decrim/legalization, we gotta be glad we have what we do, considering the USA's history.

i do need herb for medical reason but if i didn't i shouldn't not be allowed to smoke because i am a healthy person that makes no sense, not saying medical marijuana is bullshit as in there are no benefits just the medical marijuana system itself how it works its bullshit

NukaCola

Man i wish i lived in socal, at least you have options, I'm in florida one of the worst states on MMJ.

p.s. I would just go get the cali id

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Medical Marijuana is not bullshit, in the sense that Marijuana does have medicinal value.

However, the Medical Marijuana Movement, is a double edged sword.

On one side, it's doing a good job of getting people comfortable with the prospect of legalization, as well as getting the cause in the media, valid discussion, etc.

However, on the other side, the Generation that exists in America today is past the nonsense. It seems as though the MMJ movement has served as a way to slow down the real issue of "this is my body, fuck off.".

Of course, an open debate about excessive Gov't involvement in what we can and can't do is going to get shot down immediately, so it makes sense that the situation should be approached with tact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd5_nTwLVEg (Doug Stanhope's stance on MMJ, good stuff)

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Man i wish i lived in socal, at least you have options, I'm in florida one of the worst states on MMJ.

p.s. I would just go get the cali id

heres the deal with the cali id if there was not so much bullshit involved i would get my cali id let me explain , i apply for id and im turned down because i dont have enough proof who i am , I had my out of state drivers license that proves i am who i am not only that but i have my social security card, AND a notorized copy of my birth certificate, BUT THATS NOT ENOUGH!

i could be faking all of this apparently because they won't honor my request for my ID because this is not the proper forms of id needed even though you can check the DMV records i have a vaild out of state drivers licsnes ive had for years that works fine for proving i am who i am anywhre even the bank....

they say i can't get my ID because i dont' have my ORIGINAL birth certificate the one with my foot print on the back.... i haven't seen that thing in years, so i have to apply to the state that i was born in for a new original which cost 50$+ then i have to wait for it to get here, then i have to go to the DMV, give that origianl to this along with all the other 10 forms of ID i have then i have to wait 2-3 weeks for my ID to arrive in the mail before i can step foot in a club, so fuck it. its too much trouble just to go to a fucking weed store... ill just not smoke weed until my crops done then keep it all myself you won't catch any of NorCalFor20's Purple Barney Or Headband in any dispensary/collective that won't accept me as a customer thats for sure.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
i do need herb for medical reason but if i didn't i shouldn't not be allowed to smoke because i am a healthy person that makes no sense, not saying medical marijuana is bullshit as in there are no benefits just the medical marijuana system itself how it works its bullshit

I understand, but you're repeating the same stuff we've all been saying for years. I think it should be fully legalized, but I'm not going to shit on MMJ, which is an effective route towards full decrim/legalization. :2cents:

G

gogoplata420

if you move somewhere and you dont like the way they have things set up then GTFO!

would you pull this same shit if you went over to a friends house for dinner? show a little respect. its difficult for everyone, we all want full legalization. i try my best not to hold resentment to all the people that move to cali but this shit just sets me off.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Medical Marijuana is not bullshit, in the sense that Marijuana does have medicinal value.

However, the Medical Marijuana Movement, is a double edged sword.

On one side, it's doing a good job of getting people comfortable with the prospect of legalization, as well as getting the cause in the media, valid discussion, etc.

However, on the other side, the Generation that exists in America today is past the nonsense. It seems as though the MMJ movement has served as a way to slow down the real issue of "this is my body, fuck off.".

Of course, an open debate about excessive Gov't involvement in what we can and can't do is going to get shot down immediately, so it makes sense that the situation should be approached with tact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd5_nTwLVEg (Doug Stanhope's stance on MMJ, good stuff)

once again , let me clarify IM NOT SAYING MARIJUANA HAS NO MEDICAL VALUE. IT DOES. BUT- i am saying that the medical marijuana system is just a loop hole for anyone to smoke so why can't it be legal for any adult not just the ones that like to jump through loopholes to smoke and grow a plant legally..... im just really fumed right now been trying to get bud all day to no avail and it really sucks when i got 2000w of bud in my closet growing that i can't touch for another month so i am not looking forward to the next month without bud....:mad:

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Legalized, lol I don't know. This is huge subject with FAR more facets than you (or I) or anyone here is aware of. If only it was cut and dry . . . .

Still I feel for you. You need a cali id to get your "meds?" So whats the big deal? Just get a cali ID. If you need a CA id to get pot from a store, then get a CA id and be done with it. Part of "Legalization" is following the established guidelines and rules so the whole mess can be "governed" over. No system is perfect, and this one sounds like it's far from it, but is it better than no system?

Don't lose sight of how far CA has come just because you can see how far it still has to go . . .

Decriminalize though, TOTALLY!!

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
if you move somewhere and you dont like the way they have things set up then GTFO!

would you pull this same shit if you went over to a friends house for dinner? show a little respect. its difficult for everyone, we all want full legalization. i try my best not to hold resentment to all the people that move to cali but this shit just sets me off.

if my friend told me i needed to have a california state id to eat dinner with him id tell him to eat shit........

you point is invalid....

dont get me started on you CA folks that think because your born here your shit don't stink and that anyone who moves here is any less of a marijauana smoker/grower/consumer than anyone who has lived here there whole life.... I came here to LEGALLY grow and thats all i can do with this nifty reccomendation the nice doctor gave me for 200$ it is protecting me from arrest but its basicly a $200 dollar insurance policy at this point.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Legalized, lol I don't know. This is huge subject with FAR more facets than you (or I) or anyone here is aware of. If only it was cut and dry . . . .

Still I feel for you. You need a cali id to get your "meds?" So whats the big deal? Just get a cali ID. If you need a CA id to get pot from a store, then get a CA id and be done with it. Part of "Legalization" is following the established guidelines and rules so the whole mess can be "governed" over. No system is perfect, and this one sounds like it's far from it, but is it better than no system?

Don't lose sight of how far CA has come just because you can see how far it still has to go . . .

Decriminalize though, TOTALLY!!

you make sense more than anyone else that has posted in defense of this medical marijaua thing but with recent raids in san diego saying they were selling to non card holders is ridiculous no one bought herb from a dispensary in san diego got in there car stoned and killed someone no one bought herb from a san D dispensary then came home and beat there wife, This isn't alcohol is cannabis a botanical herb.....

i would get the CA id, if they made is possible for me to get but as far as the state of CA is concerned im an ILLEGAL ALIEN

NukaCola

heres the deal with the cali id if there was not so much bullshit involved i would get my cali id let me explain , i apply for id and im turned down because i dont have enough proof who i am , I had my out of state drivers license that proves i am who i am not only that but i have my social security card, AND a notorized copy of my birth certificate, BUT THATS NOT ENOUGH!

i could be faking all of this apparently because they won't honor my request for my ID because this is not the proper forms of id needed even though you can check the DMV records i have a vaild out of state drivers licsnes ive had for years that works fine for proving i am who i am anywhre even the bank....

they say i can't get my ID because i dont' have my ORIGINAL birth certificate the one with my foot print on the back.... i haven't seen that thing in years, so i have to apply to the state that i was born in for a new original which cost 50$+ then i have to wait for it to get here, then i have to go to the DMV, give that origianl to this along with all the other 10 forms of ID i have then i have to wait 2-3 weeks for my ID to arrive in the mail before i can step foot in a club, so fuck it. its too much trouble just to go to a fucking weed store... ill just not smoke weed until my crops done then keep it all myself you won't catch any of NorCalFor20's Purple Barney Or Headband in any dispensary/collective that won't accept me as a customer thats for sure.

Bummer. All the missions they make you go through just for an id. They're just looking at all the small details. Not cool..

johnnyla

Veteran

just get a CA state ID and keep your out of state Driver License.

quit being a drama queen.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Bummer. All the missions they make you go through just for an id. They're just looking at all the small details. Not cool..

thats my main issue with this medical marijauna system as it is right now its nearly impossible to say who you are in california unless arnold fucking schwartzenger is with you holding your hand.....

ive been trying to get my cali id for a while and i just can't bring myself to pay 50$+ plus 20$ for a copy for my birthcerfiticate on top of the $20 the state of california wants for a peice of plastic with my face on it... not only that but lets say i go in there today with all the required materials, i still don't get my ID today, i get it in 2-3 weeks in the mail , by then ill have died from malnourishment..... thank god for the black market.

It sounds like you're more mad about having to get a Cali ID then MMJ by reading this post and thread. I understand where you are coming from, I moved here 4 years ago and had to get a new ID, but that is how it is anywhere you move..... They accepted my Social security card, non- original birth certificate and out of state (expired) DL.

As other have stated in this thread I am happy that steps are being taken in the right direction. It may be slower than we would like but change is happening none the less. There are bills in CA for legalization that are going through, as well as federal bills for decriminalization of small amounts.

http://www.thomas.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.2835:

http://www.thomas.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.2943:

I think we are living in exciting times!

Latest posts

Latest posts