What's new

Announcement Introducing Veteran members

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
For the sake of best experience and safety for everyone, we decided the following:
-Premium users can fully access the VIP Lounge and Archive, and reply to offer and request threads in the Trading Post (can't post new threads to offer or ask themselves)
-Premium users over 1 year and 100 posts is same as above but they can fully access and post in the Trading Post as well
-Premium users over 5 years and 100 posts can do all of the above, and they can fully access the exclusive grow area as well
-Veterans (which are over 10 years and 1000 posts by default) can fully access and interact with all of the above
We think having a minimal track record is needed to keep safety and tidyness up in the premium area.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Can I just quickly check something? I'm assuming Plod can't just make an account, take a few quid out of the tea and coffee jar, and get access to our v.i.p. area? Surely there has to be some minimum level of engagement necessary to even be able to pay to gain access, or it's not VIP it's just pay per view. A different concept entirely.
If plod really wanted to do something - then I'm sure they would draw on more resources that what would be found in the tea/coffee jar -

We are an international site - in a world with wildly varied laws on cannabis - its use and distribution - so its really up to the choices an individual makes - under the laws of the nation they are in regarding cannabis (seeds - 'erb - concentrates - clones etc) - as to what they might do with it - or who they might trade with - in what nations - if you do not feel secure/legal in advancing a trade - then best not to do it -
- we can't be policing what people do with their cannabis - its really up to them -

cola

It's a work in progress - I guess that we will have to change the terms of use (TOU) - to reflect an approach of applying your own cannabis laws - whatever nation you reside in - to your choices of where to trade - and what to trade in - so long as it is within the laws of the nation where you reside - or trade with - since there are so many nations where cannabis is legal or semi-legal these days - Germany just legalized - and more to come I'm sure - so its not up to ICMAG to determine - its down to the members to make those choices -
Nice to see this very adult and world view approach applied to this TOU, especially in light of celebrating Germany's total legalization. Bravo.! It will be wonderful to not fear being banned for participating in the transfer of something, like seeds, that the DEA, for example, now views as not a controlled substance, as of April 2022, given it contains less than 0.3% THC.. Bully for allowing a trade or gifting in something that the US considers hemp, which was legalized in 2018. I am sure I am not alone in looking forward to this long awaited change and forthcoming update. And, any other changes that are allowed to participants under the guidelines of their mutually shared laws! Let it begin :smoke:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I don't think they would give up on the dougnuts to have the oportunity of doing lots of work to catch someone online, when there are guys easier to be had in real life. But, I think the new safety rules greatly limit any try like that, so we can chill now! :joint:
Yup - although we can try and discourage our members from engaging in risky pursuits - in the diff - its their choice - just growing a plant 🪴 has been a risky pursuit for nigh on 100 years in many places - people are often taking risks - and I find it hard to criticise those that lean towards the risky side of things - since I myself have taken huge risks in the past - so it would seem more than mildly hypocritical of me -

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I'm not sure how paying advertisers might see this. A 10y user, being able to set up shop for free. I realise it's only in part of the site, but it seems a number of people will have access.
It's all about the possibility of having a select audience to select testers from, if that's what they want. Or even have complete tests on varieties done in the restricted area. Basically we do not set rules to recomend them do so, but allow them to do it if they wish.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
@Ca++
vendors are not excluded, they can participate as well.
here is a highlight from the rules:

"Trading threads are exclusively for personal use and not for professional or commercial gain with the exception of registered vendors and advertisers. If your intent is to gain profit or promote your brand, please contact the admin team through the following link:

https://www.icmag.com/growwithus "

airplane

For the sake of best experience and safety for everyone, we decided the following:
-Premium users can fully access the VIP Lounge and Archive, and reply to offer and request threads in the Trading Post (can't post new threads to offer or ask themselves)
-Premium users over 1 year and 100 posts is same as above but they can fully access and post in the Trading Post as well
-Premium users over 5 years and 100 posts can do all of the above, and they can fully access the exclusive grow area as well
-Veterans (which are over 10 years and 1000 posts by default) can fully access and interact with all of the above
We think having a minimal track record is needed to keep safety and tidyness up in the premium area.
believe I'm a Premium member over 5 yrs. looking back was a member before you all changed your format (10yr)

Ca++

@Ca++
vendors are not excluded, they can participate as well.
here is a highlight from the rules:

"Trading threads are exclusively for personal use and not for professional or commercial gain with the exception of registered vendors and advertisers. If your intent is to gain profit or promote your brand, please contact the admin team through the following link:

https://www.icmag.com/growwithus "
I see. Some new rules, that show what you want from the place. A vision I like.

I see quite a few people dipping into their pockets for access. The exclusivity of that area, might not be what you wanted it to be. I see offering pot was spoke of, and that alone might be a step too far. We know people are struggling to make sales these days, and with it generally not allowed on forums such as this, I can see it drawing a lot of interest.

As a seed seller, I might look at the volume of people that can access that area, as not being captive customers. While the idea is a user can offer beans, is there some way of regulating how many they sell. I would need to see this.
My offering beans as a user in there, could lead to PM's of countless number, asking for countless beans. It's as commercially viable as paying for a traders pass, if that space has enough customers for me.

People offering beans, are competition for others offering beans. I don't see a way around this, unless you can have timed posts. The old mission impossible "this post will self destruct" so we can see who keeps refreshing their offers. Or just stop offers, and go with Wanted. Which is all I would likely want from such an area anyway. Things I just can't find, without asking.

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
I dipped in my pocket for a different reason. As an admin myself i understand costs of everything. Ive been using this forum a long time and never contributed (even before this account) and i would pay more to contribute to a community like this. I understand this could get corrupted and draw jerks with deep pockets but thats what moderators are for.

A lot of the forums i used to run around on are practically dead(in cannabis community and other "life forms"). This one seems to be alive and kicking and i think trying something new out could yield favorable results.

Regardless of my thoughts Im up for anything the community decides, whether its backtracking and closing up the option or could even charge more so it stings the pocket even more, making "bad apples" decide to walk away from the premium membership because its not worth it to them.

I feel i owe a lot to this forum, i used it to get started a long time ago and even when i was away from it i always thought about it (if that even means anything)

Anyway thank you for listening to me ramble.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
well, good luck to sell pot or seeds to veteran members here while you just have the fast bucks tier1 premium user access.
another part of the rules:

"No trading is allowed of final products of any type be it dried, fresh, extracts or anything else."

and report system will work there too, we have a good team to keep an eye on these topics,
and we have trust in our members to act as responsible, fair adults, and play by the rules.

Latest posts

Latest posts