What's new

Introducing..BDL(Big Dreamy Lights)!!!

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High ALL! Anbody still out there...lol? Well, heres some pics of mom. This is the first generation clone I guess. She is fattening up nicely. You can see the Satori in the background. All you see w/ orange hairs is this one plant...
12292SatBDL4-23_042.jpg

Shes at least 3in wide here..
12292SatBDL4-23_058.jpg

And here is a decent shot of my "oldschool" Northern Lights male that I plan on using to knock up a Satori clone and a second generation BDL. Thus creating BDLx2 (as in big dreamy...lights times two)...lol
12292SatBDL4-23_060.jpg

So I hope ya all enjoy the photos.

Anbody got any proven methods or just ideas on containing the pollen? That male is about to burst soon. I dont necesarily want pollen everywhere...lol.

Peace and keep em green, bugout

The Iceman

great thread and cross man....just read the whole thread..lol...mad respect....mad impressive...i'd rather read peoples own crosses the threads of another seed bank unless i got the same beans in my fridge as...lol...keep up the good work1

TBug

Veteran
High Ice! Glad you like and welcome!

High vator! Thanks for that link, woulda been helpfull if I planned ahead a bit beeter than I do..lol. Will use one in the future as that is exactly what I need. But that daddy is gonna pop any day now and I wont be able to build one and/or sqeez it in there at this point...lol.
So im thinking I can just catch it just before it pops like just after the first pollen sac opens. Then pull it out and put a bag over it and shake the rest out into the bag.
Is this a nieve plan?
My other thought is to chop all the topps and place them in my cloner on a 12/12 timer. let it spill in there a gather it up. Any thoughts on plan B?

Thanks again and peace, bugout

Last edited:

AugustWest

Veteran
nice work T.!

those seedlings on the last page look great! Is that dirt i see them in? I don't believe it :D

GL bro,

AW

TBug

Veteran
AugustWest said:
nice work T.!

those seedlings on the last page look great! Is that dirt i see them in? I don't believe it :D

GL bro,

AW
High West! Yeah, I know, and thanks but it aint me...lol. I have been PLEASANTLY suprized with the uniformity up to this point with them seeds. I was ecpecting a bit more variation. but both strains were pretty similar to start with, so that may be the factor.
Hey, dont pick on me bout the soil...it was a last resort...lol! I did do a complete run with the happy frog plus additives, but did NOT enjoy it. I say hydro is "WAAaaay better"(for many reasons) from this point on. but hey, at least i tried..lol.
thanks and peace man, bugout

Last edited:

TBug

Veteran
High ALL! well, for lack of any better sugestions..lol...thanks all! I did three things that seemed the right thing to do. First, I pulled dad out when the first flower popped and put it in a bucket w/ a lil nute solution. hes just sittin there in a normal room w/ norm lighting. I then put baggies on all major clusters...
12292SatBDL4-29_011.jpg

And I put my blue plates under the rest of the plant...
12292SatBDL4-29_010.jpg

So I think that worked out better than I had planned...lol!
Peace all. bugout

Hey Bug!
That seems to be working out nicely!
Another suggestion i read on here somewhere;
get those very small brown medicine bottles, squeeze the ballclusters inthere 9without hurtin'em too much..) and shake! then the pollen should be inthose little vials..brown or clear glass..you might be able to get them in one of those places that also sell etheric oils and stones/gems and such?? you can cork those vials too and keep in cold storage..so you can kinda build a pollen bank?!
:wave:, Low

TBug

Veteran
High ALL! ....ahh, note to self......ONE OPEN POLEN SAC CAN POLENATE ENTIRE FUCKING GROW ROOM!!!!!!

***TBug kicks himself in the ASS!!***

SOOoo, thats the bad news....lol. Guess the good news is Northern Satellights (northern lights X Satori) has been created! And I'll have bout' 2-3000 seeds through which to sort..lol. But some of you may know that I am extremely excited about that cross. Should be an excelent strain considering the "trippy" original NL I used outa Canada and the sweet compact-bud pheno of the Satori(Still a grower though).
So, all in all, im not to pissed. WAS working on a "thumper" harvest so I could concentrate on breeding a bit, but itll be fine...lol
Peace all, bugout:Bolt:

Last edited:

TBug

Veteran
High Lowlander said:
Hey Bug!
That seems to be working out nicely!
Another suggestion i read on here somewhere;
get those very small brown medicine bottles, squeeze the ballclusters inthere 9without hurtin'em too much..) and shake! then the pollen should be inthose little vials..brown or clear glass..you might be able to get them in one of those places that also sell etheric oils and stones/gems and such?? you can cork those vials too and keep in cold storage..so you can kinda build a pollen bank?!
:wave:, Low
High low! thats a good idea! them zip lock baggies worked essentially the sam way I would guess. Prolly easier to slip over the flowers as well. I got a small pollen bank in the freezer from them too, but I doubt Ill need it now...lol :fsu:

High Danger! Or is that your middle name...lol! Glad you like and I was able to inspire ya'! Breeding is a real joy and adds a real personal feel to what you grow if its a strain you created.

Peace all, bugout

Last edited:

TBug

Veteran
High ALL! ..and of course, some pics...lol...
12292chem5-04_010.jpg

12292chem5-04_029.jpg

Peace all, bugout:Bolt:

TBug

Veteran
High ALL! Well, im sure you lurkers are still there...lol. Some picks of the firsy clone's harvest. I pulled about 3.6 ounces this time. .....and again, this is just one single plant....
12292chemDnBDLrun_193.jpg

I did let her veg a bit longer and she did get a bit taller, with a lil' more streach too...
12292chemDnBDLrun_200.jpg

but still...
12292chemDnBDLrun_188.jpg

12292Satori_052.jpg

Peace all, bugout

AugustWest

Veteran
nice haul T. Bummer about all the seeds.. but it beats having to buy them for the next round.
Everything is looking great as usual.

peace,

AW

TBug

Veteran
AugustWest said:
nice haul T. Bummer about all the seeds.. but it beats having to buy them for the next round.
Everything is looking great as usual.

peace,

AW
High west! Thanks bro! Yeah, ill hve enough BDL for awhile now with that haul..lol! Three and a half jars will last me six months easy. Although some my friends are pefering it over the Satori, if you can believe that. So we will have to see.
Yeah I doubt I'll be purchasing new seeds any time soon. These are just some of the Satori X NL seeds....
12292achemDnBDLrun_028.jpg

12292achemDnBDLrun_047.jpg

...lol!
But like I said...Im pretty sure this will be an excelent cross so im not too bummed about the seeding snafu. Im confident I will find a perfect mom in each batch of like 20. Ill just clone the shit outa her for several runs then repeat the process. Prolly take me 4-5 years to use up the seeds i have here, sticking to that schedule anyway..lol. I dont see a need for the whole back crossing thing here as I have literlly 1000s of seeds. Im not like running a business or any thing so consistancy becomes a non-factor i would guess. Expecting one decent mom from a batch of 20 is not unrealistic IMO, so should suit me well for a good bit, I rekon...lol.
Peace bro and thanks for stoppin in, bugout

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Nice crosses yo, wish I could get a cut of that first one you made with the nl and big bud, that was some good...
The satori cross should be cool to, plus mandala stopped sellin so you got some highly sought after seeds.
keep up the good work, peace!

TBug

Veteran
High MO! Thanks for stoppin in bro! Havent been to this thread in a while..lol. But you raise several interesting points. First did Mike quit selling completely, or is he just not sellin to distributers? Cuz that would be news to me,...yikes!
Also, im in the process of seeding EVERTHING I have with my chemdog male, including 2 BDL clones and my Satori mom. So that should produce some interesting seeds as well.
Thanks for apperciating my Satori cross as I dont think peeps as excited as they should be...lol. Ill certainly start a new thread for her when I get around to groing her out.
Peace bro and thanks again, bugout

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
High TBug,

I have not check this thread in about a month, apparently neither did you! :smoke:

Nice crosses. I apperciate the Satori crosses.:D
I would love to get my hands on some.
You also know that I love that BDL.

I tend to pull the male just as the flowers show and put it into a room with normal light. Then once the sacs start to open I pull whichever female I want to pollenate, out of the box, grab a open sack with some tweezers and dust a couple of buds. Then once the pollen sits for about an hour I spray of the bud I pollenated with water, and put her back an the box. so far no cross pollenation.
I think I will try your method this time.

Keep up the great work!

Happy fourth!!

TBug

Veteran
High milo! thanks for the support man....lol I of course didnt mean you...lol. Though youd have to had smoked both the NL and the Staori to really know im hoping for.
Peace bro and thanks, bugout

Latest posts

Latest posts